Defiant Glass Weapons are spoilers?

they are crystal Plant styleso Sylvaries will resurect Aureen using the power of the pale tree? or we meet I forgot the name but the guy who planted the pale tree and he resurect Aureen and fuses her life power with the Sylvaries and for the first time we have good Dragon Minions?

@"Balsa.3951" said:they are crystal Plant styleso Sylvaries will resurect Aureen using the power of the pale tree? or we meet I forgot the name but the guy who planted the pale tree and he resurect Aureen and fuses her life power with the Sylvaries and for the first time we have good Dragon Minions?

So.... First, the "power of the Pale Tree" is the Dream (I am assuming you're referring to that), and I honestly do not see a connection on how the Dream will "resurect" Aurene since the Dream doesn't do anything like that. Second, the guy who planted the Pale Tree is dead, his name was Ronan and his companion was Ventari. So unless you wanna find the guy's corpse and Awaken the dude, go for it! Lastly, how would Ronan, if he was still alive, even go about connecting an Elder Dragon's life force to the Sylvari - they aren't even the same "elemental" (if you will, for the lack of a better term), wise.

At best, I'd say the weapon set is more of a representation of us not believing in the Gods anymore, hence the "Defiant" in the name and the shattered glass/statues of the Gods on the weapon. Otherwise, I see it as a really pretty set.

@Cat Warrior.9240 said:

@"Balsa.3951" said:they are crystal Plant styleso Sylvaries will resurect Aureen using the power of the pale tree? or we meet I forgot the name but the guy who planted the pale tree and he resurect Aureen and fuses her life power with the Sylvaries and for the first time we have good Dragon Minions?

So.... First, the "power of the Pale Tree" is the Dream (I am assuming you're referring to that), and I honestly do not see a connection on how the Dream will "resurect" Aurene since the Dream doesn't do anything like that. Second, the guy who planted the Pale Tree is dead, his name was Ronan and his companion was Ventari. So unless you wanna find the guy's corpse and Awaken the dude, go for it! Lastly, how would Ronan, if he was still alive, even go about connecting an Elder Dragon's life force to the Sylvari - they aren't even the same "elemental" (if you will, for the lack of a better term), wise.

At best, I'd say the weapon set is more of a representation of us not believing in the Gods anymore, hence the "Defiant" in the name and the shattered glass/statues of the Gods on the weapon. Otherwise, I see it as a really pretty set.

yes that makes sense so each weapon is one god?

@Balsa.3951 said:

@Balsa.3951 said:they are crystal Plant styleso Sylvaries will resurect Aureen using the power of the pale tree? or we meet I forgot the name but the guy who planted the pale tree and he resurect Aureen and fuses her life power with the Sylvaries and for the first time we have good Dragon Minions?

yes that makes sense so each weapon is one god?

Some Gods are repeated in the set- though, iirc, Balth only appeared once...? I found that interesting.

@Balsa.3951 said:they are crystal Plant styleso Sylvaries will resurect Aureen using the power of the pale tree? or we meet I forgot the name but the guy who planted the pale tree and he resurect Aureen and fuses her life power with the Sylvaries and for the first time we have good Dragon Minions?

Sorry, but no, they're not Crystal Plant style. You clearly didn't delve into the designs, they're based on the shattered glass glider which has to do with some grand cathedral for the Six. Most of the weapons are dedicated to a specific god and are color coded. I do tend to agree that this seems like it should be related to a Living Story episode, but even if it is it's hardly a spoiler.

I mentioned this in another thread, one specifically about the bow:The theme of the weapons was given to us directly in the release post, under the included images of the weapons. They are "made from ruins of shrines to the Six". Each and every one, as others have stated, is themed on a specific God. (Axe is Kormir, torch is Grenth, longbow is Dwayna... and so on).

It has nothing to do with Aurene or the Sylvari, and if anything, it's most closely tied into the human storyline of having lost their gods.

We are going back to Orr with the intent of going after the gods who abandoned Tyria. We’ll pass thru the Artesian waters and kill (shatter) each of them and use their magic to resurrect Aurene.

The gods are the only beings left that have enough magic to make a difference in the fight against Kralkatorrik.

Five remaining gods also lines up nicely with 5 LW episodes. Maybe we kill the gods, Rez Aurene, subdue Kralk and then fin.

@Freya.7650 said:We are going back to Orr with the intent of going after the gods who abandoned Tyria. We’ll pass thru the Artesian waters and kill (shatter) each of them and use their magic to resurrect Aurene.

The gods are the only beings left that have enough magic to make a difference in the fight against Kralkatorrik.

Five remaining gods also lines up nicely with 5 LW episodes. Maybe we kill the gods, Rez Aurene, subdue Kralk and then fin.

i like that idea

@Freya.7650 said:We are going back to Orr with the intent of going after the gods who abandoned Tyria. We’ll pass thru the Artesian waters and kill (shatter) each of them and use their magic to resurrect Aurene.

Lets just kill everyone to ressurrect Aurene. okay then.

@FrizzFreston.5290 said:

Lets just kill everyone to ressurrect Aurene. okay then.

Maybe kill is to much but getting some god trials or some god lore

@"brenda.9723" said:The weapons seem to be based on melandru, lyssa, dwayna, balthazar, abaddon, and dhuum. Which is interesting, bc not all the six gods seems to be represented. And some do not belong in the six.

The wiki says:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Defiant_Glass_weapon_skins

This set is inspired by Six Human Gods:

• The focus and longbow are inspired by Dwayna.
  • The short bow, staff and hammer are inspired by Melandru.
  • The torch, warhorn and dagger are inspired by Grenth.
  • The rifle and mace are inspired by Balthazar.
  • The sword, scepter and pistol are inspired by Lyssa.
  • The greatsword, shield and axe are inspired by Kormir.

The glass colours mostly match those in the Shrine of the Six in Divinity's Reach (apart from Grenth, which is yellow in that Shrine instead of his more usual dark green colour).

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Six_Human_Gods

Archived