Can someone try this build and talk about it, (Frontline soulbeast rez support)

Eleazar.9478

Can someone try this build in a zerg/comp it's a Frontline, rez, boon support/cleave ranger

really just interested in the nature spirit, stab/cleanse/rez

Go axe axe/gs

Nature magic 2/1/1BM 3/2/3Soulbeast 1/1/2

Cleansing energy on both weaponsDurability runes and a few wanderers stats to get to 34% boon duration everything else zeker/maruader

Heal as one, moa, protect me, dolyak nature spirit as elite

Cons, I predictMeta is pirate ship not melee rangeGuard and rev can fill the roll betterLow self cleanse

EDIT*http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAnXRnUqAd8i1CCO8CEtglCBLv6udHvOxuYwP4pLMDCAn0q0vC-jlyHAB9oMI89HaXVAlfCANpE8dVWA4UA8t+gfU65naEkCQPZaA-w

Can't test myself till next week

The ranged versions of ranger builds have always had the issue that the weapons are focus-oriented rather than cleaving and most people don't know how to play in the required way to make it somewhat useful anymore. So weapons are mainly the issue there whereas the support kind of works but does not stand out.

The melee versions have always had pretty decent weapon options but never really had functional or coveted support mechanics. The spirits instapop, the pull-ressing risks pulling players away from support or into damage instead and the soulbeast abilities came pre-nerfed and have always been too short and ineffective for what could become a role. The best support it has is still tied to the celestial stuff on the druid (stealth/superspeed on 10s cd) but even there it is overshadowed by other classes that has comparable functions and just do better overall.

The class has never had a broad appeal but it did have a shortlived role in WvW with superior damage buffs (30%), it's just that Anet snuffed it in its infancy for PvE reasons. So now it's just a bland support option with similar effects as other classes but on more clunky mechanics (ie., push more buttons, get the same result). It just doesn't stand out in any way and it has a slimmer envelope etc. That's not to say that you can't make it work but it is harder to convince other players on how it could be useful and very few players know how to make it useful (or are able to).

If you want to play it, you'll have more success making four friends and convincing them, than convincing random players on the map.

@subversiontwo.7501 said:The ranged versions of ranger builds have always had the issue that the weapons are focus-oriented rather than cleaving and most people don't know how to play in the required way to make it somewhat useful anymore. So weapons are mainly the issue there whereas the support kind of works but does not stand out.

The melee versions have always had pretty decent weapon options but never really had functional or coveted support mechanics. The spirits instapop, the pull-ressing risks pulling players away from support or into damage instead and the soulbeast abilities came pre-nerfed and have always been too short and ineffective for what could become a role. The best support it has is still tied to the celestial stuff on the druid (stealth/superspeed on 10s cd) but even there it is overshadowed by other classes that has comparable functions and just do better overall.

The class has never had a broad appeal but it did have a shortlived role in WvW with superior damage buffs (30%), it's just that Anet snuffed it in its infancy for PvE reasons. So now it's just a bland support option with similar effects as other classes but on more clunky mechanics (ie., push more buttons, get the same result). It just doesn't stand out in any way and it has a slimmer envelope etc. That's not to say that you can't make it work but it is harder to convince other players on how it could be useful and very few players know how to make it useful (or are able to).

If you want to play it, you'll have more success making four friends and convincing them, than convincing random players on the map.

Ya I share alot of your concerns and the lack of range on stances really kills this build I do plan on trying it next week with do spellbreak, rev, ele, reaper with support scrapper and fbThis Boon beast would serve as a front midline cleaver with boon and rez support. Due to the lowered CD of nature spirit and teleport I feel would be faster than a hard rez and would clear 3 conditions and pop extra stab

Archived