Great Job on the Armistice Bastion Pass. Pretty, Efficient, AND a JP!

Oh cool, I didn't realise there was a jumping puzzle there too!

Is it possible to use the pass from PvE and then go back to exactly where you were, like the Mistlock Sanctuary? I'm tempted to get it, especially knowing there's a jumping puzzle, and that might be the deciding factor.

@"Danikat.8537" said:Is it possible to use the pass from PvE and then go back to exactly where you were, like the Mistlock Sanctuary?In Dulfy's video, there was a "return to previous map" option, identical to MS'.

Plus, the reason why that feature is present in MS and not other VIP lounges is its presence in the mists; presumably AB VIP benefits equally from this.

The "inventor" of jumping puzzles in ArenaNet and the one who made many of them (including the most evil hard ones) is Josh Foreman and he is no longer in ANet :(

Quite a while before he left (several months at least) he was moved to be trained to use the ArenaNet scripting engine/tools and did not work on creating new jumping puzzles since then. But we don't know when this puzzle was actually designed., not all content that is completed gets implemented immediately.

Agreed that Armistice Bastion is a nicely done area. Very nice visuals, atmosphere, and functionality. The JP was fun too. Just the right amount of challenge to be engaging without being frustrating in my opinion. From the Armistice Bastion you can indeed return back to your previous location in the open world. A few of the major functionality differences between Mistlock Sanctuary and Armistice Bastion that I can see are:

1. MS has the fractal portal/vendors whereas AB has WvW vendors (as expected).
  2. From MS you can access the world map, change zoom level, and then WP out to anywhere in the open world. From AB you can't do that since you're in the WvW area.
  3. MS has nova launch whereas AB has a skill bar of teleport skills to get you quickly around the area

Okay, I was torn on this but the idea that they also included a JP made me buy it. Now... where is it? I found what looked like the start of one, but got stuck. When I backed off a bit, I couldn't see that it would even go anywhere past past one more jump, so I don't think that was it after all.

[Edit] Never mind, that was the JP. Working with a mesmer, we managed to make it to the end. No chest, but there is a catmander tag/mini vendor up there.

Archived