Stealth, OOC, and Warclaw

Chaba.5410

Some classes can use stealth to get out of combat faster than otherwise. This isn't too bad by itself. Combined though with the Superior Battle Maul ability on Warclaw to finish downed players means that a thief, for example, can down a player, stealth to get out of combat and mount Warclaw, then pounce to finish the downed player with little risk or skill.

And people say roaming is now dead...

@Chaba.5410 said:When you are stealthed you get out of combat faster than if you are not because you cannot be targeted.

The time is no different, it's distance based... Going stealth just means it's easier to break combat. Thieves usually stealth stomp anyway or even blink/stealth stomp so there's no reason for them to run OOC and Mount stomp.

First. If I put someone down, believe me, I do not need that cat to finish him.

@Chaba.5410 said:When you are stealthed you get out of combat faster than if you are not because you cannot be targeted.

Second. We are clearly not playing the same game, to be able to go ooc I have to take distance from my enemy. Stealth doesn't matter at all.

I dont understand the point of this? like why? just why? LOL

if you have stealth and can down someoe, why you gonna run away to get ooc, mount and stomp? did you know you can just stealth and stomp like there? not every considering using shadowstep stomp, lmao

Well obviously 1v1 this is moot. If you are downed and I stealth, you are going to lose. If if someone breaks combat when you are downed, I can't see how you could ever expect to win. They can just cleave you out. I guess this applies to people trying to res others.

OTOH I guess maybe you should not be able to stealth mounts.

I wonder if it's an issue that needs addressing.

In 1-on-1 settings, the opponent is doomed regardless of mount, so I imagine the scenario that can be troublesome is a thief that can stealth, go OOC and then pounce-kill a downed player while being unstoppable by nearby allies? I think any downed player will be revived before this can actually happen, so I believe it won't be an issue.

@ArchonWing.9480 said:Well obviously 1v1 this is moot. If you are downed and I stealth, you are going to lose. If if someone breaks combat when you are downed, I can't see how you could ever expect to win. They can just cleave you out. I guess this applies to people trying to res others.

Ah, someone gets it because they can think with a wider perspective!

Obviously 1v1 you're going to be able to stealth-stomp. If you're in a bigger skirmish, you can't always do that nor can you stealth-stomp multiple people at once, but you can certainly stealth-pounce.

@Chaba.5410 said:

@"ArchonWing.9480" said:Well obviously 1v1 this is moot. If you are downed and I stealth, you are going to lose. If if someone breaks combat when you are downed, I can't see how you could ever expect to win. They can just cleave you out. I guess this applies to people trying to res others.

Obviously 1v1 you're going to be able to stealth-stomp. If you're in a bigger skirmish, you can't always do that nor can you stealth-stomp multiple people at once, but you can certainly stealth-pounce.

Chaba, do you understand what other people are saying? If you are going stealth and go far enough to be out of combat, in that amount of time you do this, ppl will ress the downed one ... The only thing who can be frustrated is when 2 groups are fighting, 1 player get downed and another random player who just passing (mounted) near the fight, just jump and stomp with the mount. But this scenario happens before too when some mesmers or thieves waited OOC for the only that moment when someone gets downed ... and then "paf" stomp and run away ... many thieves and mesmers jobs in WvW is only this one.

@Dragonzhunter.8506 said:

@"ArchonWing.9480" said:Well obviously 1v1 this is moot. If you are downed and I stealth, you are going to lose. If if someone breaks combat when you are downed, I can't see how you could ever expect to win. They can just cleave you out. I guess this applies to people trying to res others.

Chaba, do you understand what other people are saying? If you are going stealth and go far enough to be out of combat, in that amount of time you do this, ppl will ress the downed one ... The only thing who can be frustrated is when 2 groups are fighting, 1 player get downed and another random player who just passing (mounted) near the fight, just jump and stomp with the mount. But this scenario happens before too when some mesmers or thieves waited OOC for the only that moment when someone gets downed ... and then "paf" stomp and run away ... many thieves and mesmers jobs in WvW is only this one.

I understand what is being said. LOL. You seem to think that the scenario doesn't happen because you're forgetting that there's such thing as damage on downs while people are being rezzed (just as others are thinking that they can simply stealth-stomp with their thief when there's AoE pressure being applied to exactly counter that). The best solution is to make it so mounts cannot be stealthed, just like you cannot stealth-glide.

@Chaba.5410 said:

I understand what is being said. LOL. You seem to think that the scenario doesn't happen because you're forgetting that there's such thing as damage on downs while people are being rezzed (just as others are thinking that they can simply stealth-stomp with their thief when there's AoE pressure being applied to exactly counter that). The best solution is to make it so mounts cannot be stealthed, just like you cannot stealth-glide.

so what you're actually complaining about is a scenario where you get downed by a thief and just in that nick of time at least two of your teammates come to the rescue, one of them resurrecting, the other applying aoe dmg on your body so that the thief, with shadowstep on CD won't be able to stealth stomp from nearby, but there are also the thief's allies here and they pressure you with dmg, but none of them is able to interrupt your resurrecter and kill you would with cleave even faster than it would take for a stomp to take place. Now the thief can take his time to get away and exit combat return mounted and insta-stop? Wow, I guess that's a very common very specific scenario and this stealth on mount issue needs to be address, strip that damn thief of his stealth again.

This is one of those again... People who never played thief and have no idea how one plays are giving feedback about thief... good job!

@NuhDah.9812 said:

so what you're actually complaining about is a scenario where you get downed by a thief and just in that nick of time at least two of your teammates come to the rescue, one of them resurrecting, the other applying aoe dmg on your body so that the thief, with shadowstep on CD won't be able to stealth stomp from nearby, but there are also the thief's allies here and they pressure you with dmg, but none of them is able to interrupt your resurrecter and kill you would with cleave even faster than it would take for a stomp to take place. Now the thief can take his time to get away and exit combat return mounted and insta-stop? Wow, I guess that's a very common very specific scenario and this stealth on mount issue needs to be address, strip that kitten thief of his stealth again.

This is one of those again... People who never played thief and have no idea how one plays are giving feedback about thief... good job!

No, not picking on thief specifically. I did say: "for example". You guys really want to get hung up on specifics, don't you?

@Chaba.5410 said:Some classes can use stealth to get out of combat faster than otherwise. This isn't too bad by itself. Combined though with the Superior Battle Maul ability on Warclaw to finish downed players means that a thief, for example, can down a player, stealth to get out of combat and mount Warclaw, then pounce to finish the downed player with little risk or skill.

And people say roaming is now dead...

You see the good in bad times, i like that. But ...just stomp while you are invisible will be way faster :)You Sir are giving me hope, maybe i'll try gw again in the next few days.cheers

@Caedmon.6798 said:

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:A guildy asked me to mount up so he could test Mass Invis on the Warclaw.

I was stealthed.The mount was not.

Creepy riderless warcat was running about.

Did you test this against other players ? I was curious about it aswell,maybe it's just you + allies seeing the mount while enemies will not ?

in pve it is the same when you are on your mount and stealthed , the mount will not look like in stealth but you wont get aggro. still need to specifically try with an opponent but i am pretty sure its invisible to them.

@Caedmon.6798 said:

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:A guildy asked me to mount up so he could test Mass Invis on the Warclaw.

I was stealthed.The mount was not.

Creepy riderless warcat was running about.

Did you test this against other players ? I was curious about it aswell,maybe it's just you + allies seeing the mount while enemies will not ?

Nah was in a friendly keep at the time.

Archived