Never Leave A Man Behind

tom.4051

Now with the Warclaw you can!

Dont have the Warclaw, you get left behind because you cant keep up anymore.Get ganked by roamers and that's it.The mount is still new, but we can already see more players leaving as they will be forced to buy HoT or PoF, whichever you need for mounts.These expansions were already pay to win with the traits, now it's making it even more so!Neither had anything for WvW except you had to buy to remain competitive.

Only solution will be to run two tags, one for those with Warclaws, and one without.But these days it's hard to just get one tag on a map!

@tom.4051 said:Now with the Warclaw you can!

Dont have the Warclaw, you get left behind because you cant keep up anymore.Get ganked by roamers and that's it.The mount is still new, but we can already see more players leaving as they will be forced to buy HoT or PoF, whichever you need for mounts.These expansions were already pay to win with the traits, now it's making it even more so!Neither had anything for WvW except you had to buy to remain competitive.

Only solution will be to run two tags, one for those with Warclaws, and one without.But these days it's hard to just get one tag on a map!

The shitty thing about this warclawIm getting used to Thr movement

I build to cover and rescue and I mostly wander around alone with supply seeing what the map says. I'm not worried about being left behind on foot myself, I usually am anyway, but I'm probably not going to get to you if you're squirreling out of even Shadowstep reach. I think the mounted ratio will normalize mostly though to where people are only really using it when they need to for a min, or I hope so anyway because a lot of builds are front end or back end and I have to try to not waste anything where mounts are going to squander it.

$30 every couple of years isn't really p2w. if you really want to compare p2w try my.com published games or mobile games.

Before the Warclaw, I always saw long tails. People got left behind without the new mount.It's easier now to leave people behind, but that means it's time for new strategies. A well-organized map could have a mounted tag and a non-mounted one.(Mind you: not many maps are that organized. The point is: new mechanics call for new strategies.)

All the commanders i've seen since the Warclaw was added are running around on foot not mounted..If anything the Warclaw is a big help for stragglers to keep up with the squad which is something i'm very happy about.. also helps avoiding and escaping from stealth ambushes which always annoyed the hell out of me in WvW.

Warclaw has put everyone one a more level playing field as far as I can tell which is something i've always had an issue with in WvW.. too much mobility vs too little.. stealth vs no method of counter etc.It resulted in a lot of salt and bitterness against certain classes and made me feel like I was being punished for playing my favorite classes.. thus for years I hated the game mode and wanted nothing to do with it.Warclaw isn't a miracle cure for WvW but it's certainly made the mode far more enjoyable for me.

@tom.4051 said:The mount is still new, but we can already see more players leaving as they will be forced to buy HoT or PoF, whichever you need for mounts.

It's $30 man. I get that not everyone has extra cash on hand at the end of the month, but this is so very not P2W; this is a business (ANET) trying to generate revenue, which pays for keeping the servers up, paying for developers and staff, marketing, etc etc etc. And it isn't as if you CANT play WvW without PoF now, it's just you're at a disadvantage now that didn't exist last week. My advice then, find a way to earn $30...

They won't push without you most times since they are extended ahead so much. You should still get some good action. If your on a free account use like nike warrior.. greatsword ele.. Mesmer.. theif. Plenty of good builds get you away from those mean gankers. Wouldn't recommend core necro heh

@displayname.8315 said:They won't push without you most times since they are extended ahead so much. You should still get some good action. If your on a free account use like nike warrior.. greatsword ele.. Mesmer.. theif. Plenty of good builds get you away from those mean gankers. Wouldn't recommend core necro heh

hehe speaking of core necro, gholesrolk uploaded a new vid just recently, should check out that build it's fun.

Archived