Warclaw in PVE - Masterful Descent Mastery not working.

I understand that this is a low priority bug since the warclaw is WVW focused, but I feel like it should be mentioned anyway. The warclaw does not gain the reduced fall damage from the Masterful Descent mastery in many open world locations. I've personally tested with warclaw and compared falling damage percentages to the raptor in two of the three locations (sun's refuge and thunderhead peaks) and tested again with the raptor, the roller beetle and the jackal in comparison to the warclaw and falling from the same height in Divinity's Reach, the warclaw takes more falling damage.

@"reapex.8546" said:I don't think any of the PvE masteries should work for the War Claw, Anet talked about this on their livestream today. They're intentionally not working until they figure out how to integrate the Warclaw with the PvE masteries.

I checked the stream, they were talking specifically about bringing the three endurance bars and other world vs world masteries into PvE. That conversation was not about implementing PvE masteries onto the warclaw.

Other mount masteries already work on the warclaw, the Nimble Benevolence (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Nimble_Benevolence) from the skimmer mastery line works when you use the engage skill or are knocked off by damage, just as it should, and the damage increase from Ravenous Discipline (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ravenous_Discipline) from the raptor line also still applies (the warclaw already has evade frames so Adroit Evasion doesn't need to apply). The only PVE mastery that doesn't apply in PVE to the warclaw is the Masterful Descent mastery (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Masterful_Descent) from the springer mastery line, which reduces fall damage taken.

@castlemanic.3198 said:

@"reapex.8546" said:I don't think any of the PvE masteries should work for the War Claw, Anet talked about this on their livestream today. They're intentionally not working until they figure out how to integrate the Warclaw with the PvE masteries.

I checked the stream, they were talking specifically about bringing the three endurance bars and other world vs world masteries into PvE. That conversation was not about implementing PvE masteries onto the warclaw.

Other mount masteries already work on the warclaw, the Nimble Benevolence (
) from the skimmer mastery line works when you use the engage skill or are knocked off by damage, just as it should, and the damage increase from Ravenous Discipline (
) from the raptor line also still applies (the warclaw already has evade frames so Adroit Evasion doesn't need to apply). The only PVE mastery that doesn't apply in PVE to the warclaw is the Masterful Descent mastery (
) from the springer mastery line, which reduces fall damage taken.

Ah thank you for the update, my mistake :D

Archived