• No more foes with starting Range advantage
  • No more downstate
  • No more easy escape on foot
  • No more easy cheap ganking of Zerglings
  • Mobile Ram
  • Mobile Watchtower
  • Faster scouting and roaming
  • Faster ferrying of supplies to repair or build siege
  • For the first time in history, Necros are now certified roamers who can pick and choose their fights!

The whole experience with Warclaw has been very refreshing, fluid and natural.It felt like Warclaw had always been part of WvW.Great job Anet!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a feeling that you could have just shortened it to the last point that matter to you.

I still hold my judgement on it until a couple of weeks when the craze has died down. Once you accept that Anet has basicly made PoF and the warclaw mandatory for WvW and HoT/vanilla just "trial accounts to see what WvW really is" now, then I dont think it's going to be so bad when all have the same advantage and learn all the tactics with mounts. The only true flaw I see is the insta-kill-downed aspect. Even in small 3v3 roaming fights, you're going to be highly discouraged to even engage each other if there is a 4th random person sitting on a mount nearby. And that's if you see them - if reinforcements come you better not have any downed in an ongoing fight, cause then you already lost and the fight was pointless. That's not good.

@"Dawdler.8521" said:I have a feeling that you could have just shortened it to the last point that matter to you.

I still hold my judgement on it until a couple of weeks when the craze has died down. Once you accept that Anet has basicly made PoF and the warclaw mandatory for WvW and HoT/vanilla just "trial accounts to see what WvW really is" now, then I dont think it's going to be so bad when all have the same advantage and learn all the tactics with mounts. The only true flaw I see is the insta-kill-downed aspect. Even in small 3v3 roaming fights, you're going to be highly discouraged to even engage each other if there is a 4th random person sitting on a mount nearby. And that's if you see them - if reinforcements come you better not have any downed in an ongoing fight, cause then you already lost and the fight was pointless. That's not good.

Trying to discredit the notion and label it as biased opinion? What he said before is valid and i can bet 100g that you play one of those cheap gank builds.

@XECOR.2814 said:

@"Dawdler.8521" said:I have a feeling that you could have just shortened it to the last point that matter to you.

I still hold my judgement on it until a couple of weeks when the craze has died down. Once you accept that Anet has basicly made PoF and the warclaw mandatory for WvW and HoT/vanilla just "trial accounts to see what WvW really is" now, then I dont think it's going to be so bad when all have the same advantage and learn all the tactics with mounts. The only true flaw I see is the insta-kill-downed aspect. Even in small 3v3 roaming fights, you're going to be
highly
discouraged to even engage each other if there is a 4th random person sitting on a mount nearby. And that's if you see them - if reinforcements come you better not have any downed in an ongoing fight, cause then you already lost and the fight was pointless. That's
not
good.

Trying to discredit the notion and label it as biased opinion? What he said before is valid and i can bet 100g that you play one of those cheap gank builds.Of course its biased, its obvious. But I fail to see where I discredit anything, I dont disagree with it. Before the patch I ran a mirage with 2000 toughness/power sustain build with illusions tree and since the patch I've only played a gyro condi scrapper. Do I get 100g now for not playing a shatter mirage or d/p dd/de or is that not enough?

If you equate roaming with avoiding fights, then sure, it got easier for everyone. But once you actually try to fight solo or in a small grp, nothing has improved for anyone. Your necro will still be a sitting duck and other classes will also have a harder time when outnumbered, so the mount favours numbers, which directly penalizes roamers.

Revolutioned? maybe you meant Killed?

9 of 10 "fights" i had these days, at 1v1 or even numbers 3v3 5v5, they all just run away with mounts, people dont want to fight, they want to karma train with the blob, get the thingy for the mount collection, or just PPT and run inside walls to shoot you siege.

The only people who fight now, is the people who WANT to fight you back, and sadly thats a really low number of people, if you get into a mode which have player vs player action, why you gonna avoid the fights? Also do you realize that the gamemode is actually a big team of people, which during defenses of objectives, small groups can actually do a lot for the team, by cutting people off, stopping reinforcements, thats gone.

I feel like this people want to ranked spvp and just afk in spawn because they dont want to fight.

@"Mechanix.9315" said:Revolutioned? maybe you meant Killed?

9 of 10 "fights" i had these days, at 1v1 or even numbers 3v3 5v5, they all just run away with mounts, people dont want to fight, they want to karma train with the blob, get the thingy for the mount collection, or just PPT and run inside walls to shoot you siege.

The only people who fight now, is the people who WANT to fight you back, and sadly thats a really low number of people, if you get into a mode which have player vs player action, why you gonna avoid the fights? Also do you realize that the gamemode is actually a big team of people, which during defenses of objectives, small groups can actually do a lot for the team, by cutting people off, stopping reinforcements, thats gone.

I feel like this people want to ranked spvp and just afk in spawn because they dont want to fight.

The problem is engaging isnt profitable unless you outnumber the enemy (ive had alot of stairing contests yesterday) because the dissengage skill is...Lets say underperforming (it's adjustment to the right direction but still requires work)

Let IT knock down people from their mount and even if it's Just the bleeding that remains im fine

Does this mean the next mount will pulse stability, resistance, barrier, boon corrupt and healing so thieves can contribute in squads?

I mean if we are going for equal opportunity we might as well go both ways no?

I roam and have always roamed on an engineer. On scrapper none the less. I am slow. About as slow as a reaper or scourge even. But classes are sold as a complete package. That's why (until trapper runes come along) guardians do not have stealth skills and thieves do not share stability and prot. But its unsettling to see people hailing this as the great equalizer in roaming (or rather getting back to their squads without having to regroup first and move as one) when for a long time squads have been dominated by necros, guardians and revenants with sprinkles of other classes. So i don't think it is unfair that mesmers, rangers and thieves (the later two especially not welcomed in squads) picking and choosing engagements because that's their strength.

That being said there is always a sliding scale of balance. Just because a thief is all about mobilit doesn't mean he should be able to use waypoints in combat, and just because guardians are about squads doesn't mean he should put out every single boon in an aoe every second and be near immortal in a team fight-...But mounts are just a way to shrug and dusct tape the problem and say this is fine and will age well despite there being obvious leaks.

And by the way a proper gank is done by multiple people (which mounts help with given one player is enough to keep you in combat) which is actually closer to what zergs do, thieves and similar are more akin to snipers. They kill you fast and pick their battles to make sure you can't fight back effectively. Honestly its a bit like engineers in a battlefield game complaining of snipers killing them when they get out of their tank to repair it after 20 k/d. Or helicopter pilots complaining about AA missiles.

I also see suggestions here and there about the engage skill forcing a dismount instead of stomping players, which is a good solution for the staring contest two enemy players participate in.

@L A T I O N.8923 said:

@"Mechanix.9315" said:Revolutioned? maybe you meant Killed?

The problem is engaging isnt profitable unless you outnumber the enemy (ive had alot of stairing contests yesterday) because the dissengage skill is...Lets say underperforming (it's adjustment to the right direction but still requires work)

Let IT knock down people from their mount and even if it's Just the bleeding that remains im fine

Yes i agree, i said the same in my other tread warclaw feedback, and one of the suggestions was actually that, id like to totally remove the dmg on skill 1 and add a dismount factor to enemy too, its the way that one mount can counter another mount.

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

• No more 1-hit KO from invis
  • No more downstate
  • Mobile Ram
  • Mobile Watchtower
  • For the first time in history, Necros are now certified roamers who can pick and choose their fights!

The whole experience with Warclaw has been very refreshing, fluid and natural.It felt like Warclaw had always been part of WvW.Great job Anet!

Interesting how a post in wich like half the points are just plain factual wrong gets 10+ upvotes in the WvW section.Great job Eremite!

@UmbraNoctis.1907 said:If you equate roaming with avoiding fights, then sure, it got easier for everyone. But once you actually try to fight solo or in a small grp, nothing has improved for anyone. Your necro will still be a sitting duck and other classes will also have a harder time when outnumbered, so the mount favours numbers, which directly penalizes roamers.It penalizes the very few specs (and builds) that could engage and disengage at will, which is great.

I do roam on necro for years now and it has never been so much fun. Couldn't care less about some random thief complaining that he can't gank me anymore.

@miriforst.1290 said:And by the way a proper gank is done by multiple people (which mounts help with given one player is enough to keep you in combat) which is actually closer to what zergs do, thieves and similar are more akin to snipers. They kill you fast and pick their battles to make sure you can't fight back effectively.In allied territory gankers are slower than you on your mount. A deadeye sniping from permastealth is a gank as there is no opportunity to fight back (ganking=abusing an inferior position of your target - picking fights and being untouchable for most encounters is ganking).

Let's face it: Everyone who comlains now about others avoiding fights did kill the fun of others in the past few years when he himself ran away when things went bad. Pathetic. He can still do that infight. But now others can at least choose whether to fight or not to a limited extent (allied territory) before the fight actually starts.

@XECOR.2814 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:I have a feeling that you could have just shortened it to the last point that matter to you.

I still hold my judgement on it until a couple of weeks when the craze has died down. Once you accept that Anet has basicly made PoF and the warclaw mandatory for WvW and HoT/vanilla just "trial accounts to see what WvW really is" now, then I dont think it's going to be so bad when all have the same advantage and learn all the tactics with mounts. The only true flaw I see is the insta-kill-downed aspect. Even in small 3v3 roaming fights, you're going to be
highly
discouraged to even engage each other if there is a 4th random person sitting on a mount nearby. And that's if you see them - if reinforcements come you better not have any downed in an ongoing fight, cause then you already lost and the fight was pointless. That's
not
good.

Trying to discredit the notion and label it as biased opinion? What he said before is valid and i can bet 100g that you play one of those cheap gank builds.Of course its biased, its obvious. But I fail to see where I discredit anything, I dont disagree with it. Before the patch I ran a mirage with 2000 toughness/power sustain build with illusions tree and since the patch I've only played a gyro condi scrapper. Do I get 100g now for not playing a shatter mirage or d/p dd/de or is that not enough?

Whats obvious is your passive aggressiveness which implies you either ran such builds or your party ran such builds which had adverse affect on your playstyle which was cancer in the first place.

What you also don't seem to grasp is that such builds usually aren't as useful in team fights with a proper comp. If you look at people who do organised small scale you see them running a support or two and reapers, revs and not these "cheap gank builds" because they are vastly more effective at sustained damage.

Now there's some exceptions like soulbeast, holo and rev as they do well in both "cheap ganking" and small team fights.

Also people who call them cheap gank builds are usually either zerglings or playing really really bad incoherent builds.

@KrHome.1920 said:

@UmbraNoctis.1907 said:If you equate roaming with avoiding fights, then sure, it got easier for everyone. But once you actually try to fight solo or in a small grp, nothing has improved for anyone. Your necro will still be a sitting duck and other classes will also have a harder time when outnumbered, so the mount favours numbers, which directly penalizes roamers.It penalizes the very few specs (and builds) that could engage and disengage at will, which is great.

I do roam on necro for years now and it has never been so much fun. Couldn't care less about some random thief complaining that he can't gank me anymore.

@miriforst.1290 said:And by the way a proper gank is done by multiple people (which mounts help with given one player is enough to keep you in combat) which is actually closer to what zergs do, thieves and similar are more akin to snipers. They kill you fast and pick their battles to make sure you can't fight back effectively.In allied territory gankers are slower than you on your mount. A deadeye sniping from permastealth is a gank as there is no opportunity to fight back (ganking=abusing an inferior position of your target - picking fights and being untouchable for most encounters is ganking).

Let's face it: Everyone who comlains now about others avoiding fights did kill the fun of others in the past few years when
he himself
ran away when things went bad. Pathetic. He can still do that infight. But now others can at least choose whether to fight or not to a limited extent (allied territory) before the fight actually starts.

So it penalizes classes like thief who’s whole concept that’s based around engaging and disengaging at will was balanced around those strenths ie low hp/armor,no decent blocks/invulnerability,moderate damage for the most part and relies on evades and disengagement’s is ok? With no compensation? Sounds about inline with this games balancing and community train of thoughts lmao this game is heading in a great direction :)

OP is either a poor troll or has no idea what he is doing in WvW.

If you are getting 1 shot from invis you are bad. Period. The fact that everyone has an instant 1500 range gap closer is not a good thing and is not something that is taken into account when balancing. Neither is the fact that everyone has a 12k barrier with triple evades and cc immunity. This was a short sighted change with good intentions but poor execution.

@Dawdler.8521 said:I still hold my judgement on it until a couple of weeks when the craze has died down. Once you accept that Anet has basicly made PoF and the warclaw mandatory for WvW

Sigh, so tired of seeing this statement.

Look, of the 9 Elite specs introduced in PoF, how many are the dominant specs for the current WvW meta? Anyone who knows anything about WvW knows the answer.

So if a player doesn't have PoF but wants to WvW, not having access to the mount is the LEAST of their disadvantages.

I'm more concerned about future new players, who are l337 enough to actually own PoF, struggling to explore WvW when everyone they fight with and against has a mount.

@EremiteAngel.9765 Agree with everything you listed,

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

• No more 1-hit KO from invis
  • No more downstate
  • Mobile Ram
  • Mobile Watchtower

This doesn't happen to me especially since deadeye has no permastealth anymore and marked is everywhere. I can see it possibly being a thing on very squishy classes, but hey that was part of class balancing. You got a ton of offense for being squishy right. Unless you were a core thief bc anet.Yeah lets take away an advantage from a class that needs range to be viable. Which some do depending on weapon set.This is not the same as no downstate. Example: I down someone. with low health. They down me with their down ability. 15s later someone comes in on a mount and skillfully presses 1 button and they get rallied and I die. Where in true no downstate I would be out of combat before the 2nd person showed up.Classes with extreme mobility usually sacrifice both sustain and offense. Like core thief. But ya lets take that from core thief too because people dont realize theyre getting outplayed when they die to a core thief and count it up to cheese bc its a thief.'Easy cheap'. You guys were only easy and cheap because you dont practice dueling at all. Has nothing to do with your build or mine in most situations. I know plenty of players with more time than me spent trying to get better that would down me in zerg gear. So yeah at least you have no conflict pve now. /s.I do like that aspect but I think its better to just build a ram unless siege capped. its neat though.This seems to be bugged for me at times and doesnt quite work like Id expect it to.Faster scouting yeah. Faster roaming. I guess. Do I feel it needs to be faster? Slightly but not as much as it is now. Maybe swiftness speed in all zones would have been fine in itself.*Picking choosing your fights is zzzzz and most people would never fight outside of their own guards anyways even when they outnumber so they can run back into tower the moment they use all their cds (instantly) bc they're bad.

Just my thoughts on it. I'm sure a lot of people disagree. I just hope they work out the mount in a way that meets most peoples expectations in the middle and provides solid balancing for both roaming and zerg/blobbing. This is currently full tilt advantage to zergs.

@XECOR.2814 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:I have a feeling that you could have just shortened it to the last point that matter to you.

highly
not
good.

Whats obvious is your passive aggressiveness which implies you either ran such builds or your party ran such builds which had adverse affect on your playstyle which was cancer in the first place.

Let me ask you something. Who hurt you? :)

@MiniMe.1960 said:

highly
not
good.

The thief he couldn't auto run away from on the way back to SMC lord's room.

@Warkind.6745 said:

highly
not
good.

The thief he couldn't auto run away from on the way back to SMC lord's room.

lol nice counter

Archived