how do you ranked?

Federally.7492

Playing core war and spulbeast ranger fairly good against 1v1 and in group fights. But I am stuck a high silver and low gold. How do you rank? Is it a buddy, being the leader, calling targets or just trying to beat anyone you see.I did notice hard opponents In gold but nothing thay really stopped me.

Your builds have a purpose, and you want to go into fights that you have advantages against. Always check your minimap and the death log so you know where the fights are swinging.

Go to this site (linked to page on rotations), and read all the information if you are looking to improve. Play the builds used by good players as they are meant to be used, and you will understand how to build an effective character.

Core Warrior and Boonbeast primarily are Duelists/Bruisers great at pushing into 1v1s. They have some pressure, some sustain, and they can drag out a fight on a neutral point. This neutral point can be an opportunity forced by you, such as going far on match start, forcing decap with CC or pressure, or taking an empty point. These classes have good generalist toolkits that, in the current meta builds, stand a good chance of beating and in the worst cases stalling most 1v1s.

If the stalling is successful and the enemy team is forced to send someone, likely a Roamer to deal with you, then your plan is to survive that 1v2 as long as you possibly can. Neutrality of the point is no longer your concern, your job at that point is to avoid getting killed so that your team can do 4v3 all across the map. Since a lot of the time a Duelist is pushing into far, you want to be very aware enemy respawns will be right on top of you. If they kill you and push points, this time they will be 5v4 and outnumbering you while you do nothing for 15 seconds. Sometimes I just can't be asked to care, but if you're serious, you should manage your CDs and get the hell out of that 1v2.

So then you look for other points where you can matter. Core Warrior can dip quickly into teamfights (find a DPSer like a Scourge or the Support Firebrand and spike him when his boons fall off or make them blow defensives) but you need to get out if your CDs are low. You DON'T have to be in the middle of the fight, stay calm and choose your targets first. If you think the enemy Roamer or Duelist is rotating to your home node, there's no one to intercept them and you think you can take them, try to defend your point before they can neutralise it. If they 1v1 on a point you own, they aren't actually contributing to their team. Their confidence in 1v1 is on a time limit and if they can't do it in a minute they need to leave to matter elsewhere. This also applies to you - don't commit to a 1v1 on a point you can't neutralize in a short time.

Also...Don't care too much about rating, and don't think just because you heard it's a bad matchup you should avoid a certain class. Fight them and get a feel for them, Core Warrior and Boonbeast has enough mobility to get away early on if you feel it's not going well. If you last long enough on a neutral point and your Roamer comes, things should turn around for you.

@Federally.7492 said:Playing core war and spulbeast ranger fairly good against 1v1 and in group fights. But I am stuck a high silver and low gold. How do you rank? Is it a buddy, being the leader, calling targets or just trying to beat anyone you see.I did notice hard opponents In gold but nothing thay really stopped me.

I mostly play meta builds focused either around rotating, such as thief or rev, or with good 1v1 to short-time 1v2s potential, like Holo.I think to win reliably you need to carry teamfights or stall 1v2s, today's Scrapper would be good for that, but tank specs are immensely boring me, so Thief/Rev/Holo it is.Solo got me only an far as 1730 -+ few rating points and I don't think I will ever get higher than that without good duo partner, not since with my matches it's ups and downs absolutely permanently, one match I got good people vs good people and we win fairly, next match I get ta**s who think Thief is a nodeholder, they +3 1v1s vs pro-players.

As far as my experience goes, you really just need to get better yourself and then get yourself a good duo partner, since matchmaking will only ever troll you. For example I don't ever remember having Rom, or Boyce or etc. in my team, however times I got matches vs. Rom, Drazeh and Ajaxx all in one team with totally unknown players (myself included) on my team, I could not count how many times even if I kept track.

@sephiroth.4217 said:I just look for fights...I don't have the patience to stand on empty nodes or to rotate to empty nodes which is why I'm placed low..

So each game I aim for about 25 kills and 2 deaths at most while having fun playing any build I want.

I dream for the day that we get a ranked deathmatch mode.

Yeah that must be the reason you're low ranked buddy

@Snellibee.2761 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:I just look for fights...I don't have the patience to stand on empty nodes or to rotate to empty nodes which is why I'm placed low..

So each game I aim for about 25 kills and 2 deaths at most while having fun playing any build I want.

Conquest revolves around holding nodes so it's only natural mate.Nice try though...

If you care about your rank (I'm sorry to hear that) just play lots of games and get better with your desired profs. The game-mode is very, very stale and makes certain builds just flat better (since every map is basically the same, the same attributes will always be desirable). But if you know your role, rotate well, and learn to ignore fights / disengage in bad fights / not die ... you'll rank will improve.

I rarely play and was usually always around Gold 3 (very, very rarely dipped into plat) until decay lulz. I am not great. But I understand the game-mode OK and I knew my prof well (reaper). Whenever I tried a different prof for fun, I was a liability to my team. Poor team. But... gotta get them pips. Good design, Anet!

I dream of the day they remove ranked and start designing around fun.

I also dream of the day that I am not penalized in an MMO for playing with my two brothers (no pips in unranked).

@sephiroth.4217 said:

Conquest revolves around holding nodes so it's only natural mate.Nice try though...

All depends what class you are, but keep believing it

@Snellibee.2761 said:

I can sense youre tryin to be nasty but it ain't gunna work on me lol

maybe try putting someone else down if that's the sort of stuff that makes you feel bubbly inside because when you do it to me, it comes off as really childish and immature.

You're welcome to keep trying but so far my own child who isn't even in preschool has better material than what you do, so you'll need to step up that game of yours :heart:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

maybe try putting someone else down if that's the sort of stuff that makes you feel bubbly inside because when you do it to me, it comes off as really childish and immature.

You're welcome to keep trying but so far my own child who isn't even in preschool has better material than what you do, so you'll need to step up that game of yours :heart:

That’s not how it’s supposed to work, sir, ahem, [insert name-calling]!

We’re supposed to engage in a “my rank is bigger than yours” discussion and throw fresh, steaming, crap at each other. We need to show extreme offence at anyone who dares to doubt our ranks at all; these losers aren’t even allowed to think it!!

Then this thread grows eighteen pages of empty hot air and no action, and to extend what I think of as the start of my internet stardom, I pick one small word from your many quality replies to try to upgrade this from the struggles between an a-hole and a quickfire reactionary to a social issue where I have the moral high ground, then the thread gets banned and we get banned too when the crowd takes over and we escalate this to total chaos where nothing is immeasurable, and everything is ruined.

Just to disguise the fact that I’m a jerk.

@Ralkuth.1456 said:

That’s not how it’s supposed to work, sir, ahem, [insert name-calling]!

We’re supposed to engage in a “my rank is bigger than yours” discussion and throw fresh, steaming, kitten at each other. We need to show extreme offence at anyone who dares to doubt our ranks at all; these losers aren’t even allowed to think it!!

Then this thread grows eighteen pages of empty hot air and no action, and to extend what I think of as the start of my internet stardom, I pick one small word from your many quality replies to try to upgrade this from the struggles between an kitten and a quickfire reactionary to a social issue where I have the moral high ground, then the thread gets banned and we get banned too when the crowd takes over and we escalate this to total chaos where nothing is immeasurable, and everything is ruined.

Just to disguise the fact that I’m a jerk.

I like your style lmao

Ralkuth good info, thanks. Now it sounds like most do not communicate/call targets. Mostly you just watch the map and players locations. 1v1 I am so far fine. The only classes that are iffy are members and holo if i miss the burst timing. Tons of cc on my wsr and I have 3 no damage on my soul beast.

Archived