Watchknight's gathering tools not working in some maps

I recently equipped a set of watchknight's gathering tools and had success with them across Tyria until I got to Verdant Brink. On that map, I only got ruined ore, ruined logs and ruins fibers. I went through 8 or 9 nodes before I noticed I was wasting my glyph tools. I don't know if this is due to the recent update or due to being on a HoT map. It could be either. Plese let me know when this issue is resolved as I don't waste any more glyph tools. Thanks a bunch!

There is only one original tool with this glyph, the Watchwork Mining Pick. Were you using that, or was it another pick which just had the glyph inserted? Also what about the axe and the sickle? You probably bought the glyphs on the TP and put them into some tools... which ones? This normally only happens when the tools are too low in level. You say "you dont want to waste any more glyph tools" which means they are not endless. Did you buy tools that were not the level 60 Orichalcum ones?

I apologize if my explanation wasn't clear, I tend to approximate the names of things when I can't remember their names exactly. After a quick look up, I 'll try to be more precise. Perhaps the use of the word "glyph" was erroneous.

Using karma, I bought a set of Watchknight's gathering tools from Barre Scorchmane in Lion's Arch. They were the Watchknight's Mining Pick , the Watchknight's Logging Axe and the Watchknight's Harvesting Sickle. I used these around Tyria, specifically in Dredgehaunt cliffs and The Silverwastes without issue. I then went to Verdant Brink where they only produced ruined results - ruined ore, etc... I believe I had 9 ruined logs, 9 ruined ores and 6 ruined fibers before I noticed. In the description of the tools it says they can be used for all ores/logs/plants.

No, I have not tried a -repair. I would have to look up what that is as I've not heard of that. I also used up my tools back in Tyria and would have to buy more to test that result.

Archived