Are daggers worth anything yet?

Toolbox.9375

MH Dagger is used in Condi DPS builds in Raids but you can get similar results easier with dual Shortbow. It can also get similar results to MH sword in Power builds for fractals due to it activating more ticks of One Wolf Pack. It still feels clunky, only hits 2 targets and only has an auto attack, a stronger auto attack and a jump with a cast time.

People have lost hope so much for OH dagger that even the posts asking for buffs have dried up.

In short, not really.

I use LB and Sword/dagger in my WvW build. I find the extra dodge and cripple on OH dagger very useful when I am forced into melee. Cripple with runes of speed make kiting melee classes easier (not easy but easier).

Also, I have awesome skins for my sword and dagger.Firebringer and corrupted shard ... I probably use this weapon set because of the looks too now that I think about it.

Edited for clarity.

No. It clearly lacks an identity and skills with impact.

ANet, really, at this point, just make it a ranged or close range condi weapon (300-600) like ele daggers. Then, make Axe the true ranged power weapon.

If it's useful, somehow, then other weapons can still be used over it. For Power, Sword is better and for Condi, SBow is better.

@"GaijinGuy.8476" said:Never knew OH dagger had so much hate ...I find it awesome in outnumbered fights, must just be me!

in wvw, off-hand dagger has always been a huge part of my "oh shit--!" escape maneuvers. all those shatters and stun spams by groups of gankers are wasted as you go swapping into SW/D, extra evade from energy sigil, the two evades from sword plus leaping away, then dagger 4 evade, was always enough to buy time for that soulbeast owl heal escape cooldown or druid Avatar form. finally, with stun break utilities, you only die if you're too proud to run against someone better than you/running hard counters.

@Kolisch.4691 said:

@"GaijinGuy.8476" said:Never knew OH dagger had so much hate ...I find it awesome in outnumbered fights, must just be me!

in wvw, off-hand dagger has always been a huge part of my "oh kitten--!" escape maneuvers. all those shatters and stun spams by groups of gankers are wasted as you go swapping into SW/D, extra evade from energy sigil, the two evades from sword plus leaping away, then dagger 4 evade, was always enough to buy time for that soulbeast owl heal escape cooldown or druid Avatar form. finally, with stun break utilities, you only die if you're too proud to run against someone better than you/running hard counters.

This guy gets it!It's also great to switch to when the ranged reflects and blocks go up.

@Kolisch.4691 said:

in wvw, off-hand dagger has always been a huge part of my "oh kitten--!" escape maneuvers. all those shatters and stun spams by groups of gankers are wasted as you go swapping into SW/D, extra evade from energy sigil, the two evades from sword plus leaping away, then dagger 4 evade, was always enough to buy time for that soulbeast owl heal escape cooldown or druid Avatar form. finally, with stun break utilities, you only die if you're too proud to run against someone better than you/running hard counters.

Or you could just swap to GS and use 4 to block all that and still have reliable mobility and damage.

S/D is a meme troll build from the days when regen bunkers danced around while our spiders did all the damage.

@GaijinGuy.8476 said:But GS 4 will only block one melee attack before triggering the counter no? Sword 2 also does a good job of getting away.It's working great for me in WvW in outnumber situations (actually fighting not just running away). I guess it also comes down to preference though.

Jump during the channel and you will keep blocking.

You lose more than you gain when using dagger OH.

@GaijinGuy.8476 said:But GS 4 will only block one melee attack before triggering the counter no? Sword 2 also does a good job of getting away.It's working great for me in WvW in outnumber situations (actually fighting not just running away). I guess it also comes down to preference though.

I deal with so many unblockable attacks fighting 1 vs 2-5 in wvw, and hamster parkouring around turns and corners when huge groups target me, I rather have something more reliable than those.

Archived