Since the latest patch, SEA Ping has double to quadrupled, not just WvW but also PvE maps.

Hi Anet,

SEA ping is usually around 200-280 for the past month or so, which is normal. For the past 8 hours its at 400 to 1000.Something about the latest patch, (the small patch after Tuesday's large patch) might have triggered it. Tuesday patch did not have this issue, just the latest.Hope you can look into it.

Thank you.

Same here in EU. I've been trying to WvW the first two days after the patch, ping is usually ~250, but when the zergs meet I've seen my ping go to 4,000+. I've had one large fight with a good ping, every other time it's gone to hell. One particular fight just outside my home borderland Citadel, I didn't manage to activate a single skill in over a few minutes. Eventually my character spontaneously exploded because at some point I guess I got attacked, but who knows where or when that was happening on the server side, because I'd left my character at a portal back into my Citadel (which wasn't teleporting me inside, and the waypoint wasn't working either). Completely unplayable. It's a real shame at the moment. Ping is fine when there's nothing going on! :tongue:

Archived