how is your experience with the new spirits in pve and wvw?

anduriell.6280

I tried them but the spirits seems even more useless now, really nerfed.In my experience:

• Is very dificult to provide the spirits regenration or boons in general.
  • Renegeration alone cant keep the spirit alive.
  • Elite drains too fast just with the pulsing.

Do you have better luck? is there any suggestions it may work to have some use in wvw pvp?

I tried it yesterday as a druid in fractals and here are my impressions. It is a different game play that will require some adaptation and has some interesting ideas.The good:• More dynamic: You have to care about your spirits if you want them to give buffs and they can be repositioned.• Some offensive possibilities: repositioning them is nice to use the offensive buffs and give them a purpose.• The heal potential: The healing spirit is the one that benefit the MOST of the mobility skill. You can teleport him multiple times to heal your group. GREAT! Also having an elite scaling is nice.• Survivability: It does not decay has fast as I thought. You have to alternate between healing allies, so perfect for druid

The bad:• CC + boons + Elite + Grandmaster: Yes there is a lot in one subject. You know how many stability ranger has? You know that the ranger has to cast the spell and then the spirit has to cast a spell? You know that in order to make your grandmaster trait work the spirit has to end his animation? Well you can BOTH get interrupted making CC extremely dangerous and annoying for you. You also know how the elite used to give some stability (50% uptime)? Now you can forget about it! You have 3s of stab every 40s at BEST and 3s every 160s at WORST! This is useless. Just forget about a full spirit build or a build with 4 spirits and Search and rescue if you want to be able to cast your skills.• Survivability: Pretty much druid dependant because of the aoe reduction, I do not see this working in PvP even for a druid. This also goes against the idea of activating them in the middle of a fight or a boss with many CC.

Mix opinions:• The AoE range AND the grandmaster: Well if you read the 2 previous arguments you know they are going to need some care to be useful

• Survivability: It does not decay has fast as I thought. You have to alternate between healing allies, so perfect for druid

between healing allies and your spirits. I also should have added that maintaining 25 power, perma fury and a good amount of protection is still easy enough to do.

I was exhausted while playing Druid on Monday and failed at some pretty basic stuff that I'm normally OK with. This was also the first time I used the new spirits. DESPITE this, when looking at the logs:

Pre-patch Samarog average group up time: 67% stone spirit, 69% storm spirit, 59% frost spirit and 72% sun spirit.Post-patch Samarog average group up time: 88% stone spirit, 97.75% storm spirit, 83.4% sun spirit. Idk why frost spirit isn't showing up in the log right now.

Those are some pretty big differences! Samarog is a fight where the group moves around too. Non mobile fight: I was getting 99.8% spirit group up time on MO. The reason I'm specifically mentioning Samarog is because the spirit actives are useful. Stone for extra immob and storm for extra CC.

Group vigor up time was significantly worst 44% compared to 74%. I didn't have sun on my bar so I'm not sure if that's just the other druid getting used to the new spirit actives or an actual nerf. Didn't see a major difference in any other boon.

The only major nerf I maybe saw was using the elite spirit to skip green circles on VG. We failed at it a few times. Highly likely that it was user error as I was exhausted. However, both druids were having problems so I'm not sure.

Archived