warclaw chain pull buff?

@Strider Pj.2193 said:One superior ram hits harder than three mounts. Best bet is build one ram with two people then use remaining supply from one person once vulnerability is on the gate to maximize the supply.

And if you buff it, then rams become even more useless for havoc.

I know it hits harder. yes it would make rams more useless for havoc. that's the point, freeing up supply for havoc while not helping zergs too much.

I think their intention for Chain Pull was for people who have unused supply doing nothing waiting for the gate to break to have at least something to do.

Like for example - in a 3-man havoc group, you can build a superior ram and have a lot of supply left. Max they can carry is 75, still not enough for 2 normal/guild rams. So instead of one person ramming and the other two just stand there and look pretty, they could use their unused supply to Chain Pull.

In order for it to be effective, 2 mounts have to be able to bring a door 100 to 0 even if it's T3. The third mount would be a bonus. Anything less than this means it's not effective.

Either way you twist and turn it it wont compute because anyone can see the problem with that. Its a stupid skill that can never ever be balanced or efficient and is ultimately, complete pointless fluff.

The chain pull should have been a ranged CC that dismounted other mounts instead, would have been much better and solved one of the key issues with mounts...

There is never a time when havoc should be hitting gates--not since the cata/treb distance=damage buff. Gates aren't well defended, but they're decently equipped to deal with small teams like havoc.

That said, Warclaws are difficult to dismount and can't be disabled. If they were as supply efficient as rams, you'd just run up, yank on the gate until forcibly dismounted, then disengage and mount up again. Technically, you already can since supply is just a few dodges away. There wasn't really a need for this; I suspect they just wanted to give people something to do while waiting for the rams to work. However, as usually happens with games, it's going to change the whole siege experience if it gets even a little good.

@Sviel.7493 said:There is never a time when havoc should be hitting gates--not since the cata/treb distance=damage buff. Gates aren't well defended, but they're decently equipped to deal with small teams like havoc.

That said, Warclaws are difficult to dismount and can't be disabled. If they were as supply efficient as rams, you'd just run up, yank on the gate until forcibly dismounted, then disengage and mount up again. Technically, you already can since supply is just a few dodges away. There wasn't really a need for this; I suspect they just wanted to give people something to do while waiting for the rams to work. However, as usually happens with games, it's going to change the whole siege experience if it gets even a little good.

This. (95% of the time anyway) Plus most of the cata spots on towers a good havoc will use are out of watchtower range.

But the current setup for Warclaw is fine the way it is.

@Dawdler.8521 said:In order for it to be effective, 2 mounts have to be able to bring a door 100 to 0 even if it's T3. The third mount would be a bonus. Anything less than this means it's not effective.That would be broken and render every stationary siege useless. (Looking at the context of your porsting I guess you agree with me.)

Either way you twist and turn it it wont compute because anyone can see the problem with that. Its a stupid skill that can never ever be balanced or efficient and is ultimately, complete pointless fluff.Well the intention is clear: It's meant to be a litte bonus damage (one or two hits less with the ram needed to save a few seconds) for supply left on players which on the other hand should be far less effective than stationary siege.

The chain pull should have been a ranged CC that dismounted other mounts instead, would have been much better and solved one of the key issues with mounts...They nerfed the leap instead. :#

Archived