WARCLAW improvement - what is your opinion on ... ?

Metzie.9083

First of all, I personally like the warclaw (overall), it complements the game (according to the PoF expansion) and brings new opportunities to the world versus world mode. It was also basically clear that sooner or later a mount would be integrated. It's with the "biggest" change of recent times and brings fresh air. Now it requires adjustments, no question about it.

My proposal for general improvement as far as the warclaw is concerned. I am talking about a fourth warclaw skill "war cry / shout". This skill should create the opportunity (in combination with the 1 skill, for example) and help to prompt opposing players to battle or in the end to dismount. It should have a minor "cooldown" affecting only players who are mounted.

Certainly not only according to my previous experience, such a possibility (or another useful change) is needed. Otherwise, fights (rather solo players and small groups) are avoided from the outset. You run past each other and think, yes, could have been a nice fight. That's what happened to me often (…). It should not be a central issue that battles are avoided in the first place, simply because there are insufficient opportunities to fight or even have to fight. Change my mind!

As for the awarding of World Skill Points, the following suggestion. In doing so, I have changed the arrangement and allocation of the points (skills) somewhat.

001 | Unlock the Warclaw companion achievement016 | Your warclaw moves faster in territories you own.036 | Your warclaw gains an extra stamina bar.061 | Battle Maul now finishes enemies who are in a downed state.091 | Unlock a second skill that allows your warclaw to detect enemies.126 | Unlock a third skill, a "Shout" which deals damage while the foe is mounted.166 | Unlock a fourth skill that allows your warclaw to pull on gates to damage them.

So much for my feedback on the current situation regarding warclaw and skills. Thank you in advance for your numerous sympathy and constructive feedback.

Chances the mount abilities will be added / removed are nearly nil, it's much more likely that some of the current mechanics get changed (such as the ongoing suggestion to make maul dismount targets).

That said, it'd be useful if there where a somewhat ranged way to intercept others, so I understand the nature of the suggestion here.

if anything, the ways in which players can intercept others who are going elsewhere have been reduced with the mount, so whether that change is healthy or not for the game mode remains to be seen.

On the upside, assaulting others will mean focusing on objectives (that is, roamers must jump on enemies who are busy trying to cap something else, rather than try to stop them on the way).

On the downside, there isn't any clear way in which people can stop respawning players from rejoining their zerg (some claim this is a good thing). There's also no counter play to enemy scouts, they are mostly free to roam around and report on the enemy activity.

@"Metzie.9083" said:First of all, I personally like the warclaw (overall), it complements the game (according to the PoF expansion) and brings new opportunities to the world versus world mode. It was also basically clear that sooner or later a mount would be integrated. It's with the "biggest" change of recent times and brings fresh air. Now it requires adjustments, no question about it.

So much for my feedback on the current situation regarding warclaw and skills. Thank you in advance for your numerous sympathy and constructive feedback.

I voted here mainly because of the pearl I found in the "statement of scope" for this poll: So, although the mount was nod asked, moreover, it was disliked by the majority, it is now considered the biggest change in WvW. But this is not all - being a so old change, now it requires adjustments, no question about it. LOL? The mount is less than a week old. In fact it is here for only 4 days.

My suggestion is that the only valid change could be the removal of the mount from WvW. Then ANet should work (this time real work, not only the illusion of work) some new maps, designed with the idea of mounts in mind. Then these maps should be tested by the WvW community on an public open server. Then according to the suggestion of the testers ANet should adjust the product.

This is the only situation where I find the "adjustments" to be inded a positive action. Because, theoretically, this change should be a perfect one. Carefully tested, balanced to the last detail, without bugs. This change is the reason ANet said the new Alliance system is delayed and no other changes in WvW are possible for now - because of the large amount of work for this change. Or it was only the illusion of work?

• 2 weeks later...

@Cristalyan.5728 said:

@"Metzie.9083" said:First of all, I personally like the warclaw (overall), it complements the game (according to the PoF expansion) and brings new opportunities to the world versus world mode. It was also basically clear that sooner or later a mount would be integrated. It's with the "biggest" change of recent times and brings fresh air.
Now it requires adjustments, no question about it.

I voted here mainly because of the pearl I found in the "statement of scope" for this poll: So, although
the mount was nod asked, moreover, it was disliked by the majority
, it is now considered the
biggest
change in WvW. But this is not all - being a so old change,
now it requires adjustments, no question about it.
LOL? The mount is less than a week old. In fact it is here for only 4 days.

I don't think ANet has to ask you (or the entire community) first to integrate something "new". So the question is not (anymore) worth mentioning!

My suggestion is that the only valid change could be the removal of the mount from WvW.

Your proposal, and I think you are well aware of this, will never come into effect. So it is not worth mentioning either.

Then ANet should work (this time real work, not only the illusion of work) some new maps, designed with the idea of mounts in mind. Then these maps should be tested by the WvW community on an public open server. Then according to the suggestion of the testers ANet should adjust the product.

This is the only situation where I find the "adjustments" to be inded a positive action. Because, theoretically, this change should be a perfect one. Carefully tested, balanced to the last detail, without bugs.

In fact, I am (certainly not only) of a similar opinion that the integration of the warclaw (including adapted maps) could have been made "better". But we are talking about ANet here. And if you haven't noticed it yet, the "live server is the (extra cost and effort saving) test server! At least if you are not allowed to play an "expansion" in advance (regarding "PoF release"). :p

This change is the reason ANet said the new Alliance system is delayed and no other changes in WvW are possible for now - because of the large amount of work for this change. Or it was only the illusion of work?

The "new" alliance system, more than the "warclaw", should be extensively planned, programmed and tested many times (internally). In the case of such an extensive change, ANet can't afford to make any great mistakes! And if it is the case that the work on the alliance system should have been delayed by the integration of the "warclaw", then that is the way it is. Plans change here and there, and especially in the extensive virtual world (of games or the world of programming).

And finally to your comment "The mount is less than a week old. In fact it is here for only 4 days" (I had to laugh when I read that), why you should make improvements, here's the answer (it was basically only a matter of time!): Upcoming Warclaw bug fixes/changes

o/

Warclaw should be only a mobility tool.No evade framesWarclaw should not have its own hp, instead uses players hp to avoid people using a mount as a shield.Introduce a special ability/mount skill that throws a projectile that dismount both players.Something like the dragonblood spear from the last episode but on a mount.

Archived