Can I still get wvw mount after transfer

@borgs.6103 said:Transferring only affects gaining pips so yeah. You also still gain wxp, btw.

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:It's Pips you can not earn, not WXP, as far as I know..

Note that you will be unable to earn pips in WvW until two WvW resets have occurred following your transfer.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World#Transferring

thank you both

I would like to point out that you need to spend a few skirmish tickets to complete the collection. These tickets are earned from pips so if you did not have the needed amount before transfer your might not be able to get the mount.

The items you collect for the mount collection can be consumed to get 5 skirmish tickets. Maybe anet thought about the above scenario and you can get enough tickets this way to get the mount.

@LaGranse.8652 said:I would like to point out that you need to spend a few skirmish tickets to complete the collection. These tickets are earned from pips so if you did not have the needed amount before transfer your might not be able to get the mount.

The items you collect for the mount collection can be consumed to get 5 skirmish tickets. Maybe anet thought about the above scenario and you can get enough tickets this way to get the mount.

Even then the OP (and anyone else who transfers servers) will be able to get the mount, it will just take longer.

The mount is a permanent addition to the game and there's no time limit to get it, so even if you need to wait for the transfer cool-down period to expire you'll still be able to unlock it eventually.

• 1 year later...

This is an incredible penalty for someone who has only ever transferred once. I transferred so that my guild could introduce me to WvW and what to do, after grinding for days and finally completing my gift of battle track and my warclaw track I discover that I can’t get the mount for another 10 days?!? Why would they design the mount process to need something I’m not allowed to get? Why wasn’t this mentioned anywhere? It took me a lot of googling to even figure out the problem. There isn’t any mention of this when you transfer.Thanks for nothing Anet.

@Generosity.3794 said:This is an incredible penalty for someone who has only ever transferred once. I transferred so that my guild could introduce me to WvW and what to do, after grinding for days and finally completing my gift of battle track and my warclaw track I discover that I can’t get the mount for another 10 days?!? Why would they design the mount process to need something I’m not allowed to get? Why wasn’t this mentioned anywhere? It took me a lot of googling to even figure out the problem. There isn’t any mention of this when you transfer.Thanks for nothing Anet.

Just wait the ten days, it’s no big deal.

@Generosity.3794 said:This is an incredible penalty for someone who has only ever transferred once. I transferred so that my guild could introduce me to WvW and what to do, after grinding for days and finally completing my gift of battle track and my warclaw track I discover that I can’t get the mount for another 10 days?!? Why would they design the mount process to need something I’m not allowed to get? Why wasn’t this mentioned anywhere? It took me a lot of googling to even figure out the problem. There isn’t any mention of this when you transfer.Thanks for nothing Anet.

It was initially instituted to prevent frequent transfers, and bandwagoning which impacts the matchup system with links.

That being said, it’s has not been a significant enough deterrent. People have advocated for a harsher penalty.

It’s also why some of us want alliances and the removal of the link process. That way, if you wanted to play with certain guilds, it would be a guaranteed (mostly) change at the next matchup period (currently two months at most)

@Loosmaster.8263 said:Also transferring this early in a match up, you can expect 2 more match ups with no pips.

Not sure exactly what was meant with this post, but by semantics, this is not correct.

It’s two resets.

So: let’s use Wednesday of a week:

Transfer on Wednesday. No pips for wednesday through the reset Friday. Then no pips until the following Friday’s reset.

So, 1 full matchup week, and two days of the first matchup week.

Not two full matchups.

Best day to transfer is the Friday before WvW reset. It amounts to the least amount of days without PiPs.