Is there a reason WvW maps haven't been increased?

That will work, but by then it will be idling back down. So, we'll have the opposite problem.

The problem is the week-long lag. They needed to accommodate it.

And, I can't wait a week. Today, there are only two realistic dailies that I can do in PvE, so I need to get into WvW.

There is EotM.

Adding a new tier would require unlinking the 3 biggest guest worlds. Next relink time is 1.5 months away. By then the WvW booster and Warclaw novelty have worn off and the popularity plummets.

Adding a second EB map per matchup is a complicated task. ANet would have to change many UI elements and the warscore calculation. This is way above PvE developers' skillset and there is only one WvW developer left. Who, I hope, is putting in some hours on the alliances feature.

@"Daddicus.6128" said:That will work, but by then it will be idling back down. So, we'll have the opposite problem.No, we'll have a return to the status quo, along with whatever issues WvW had last month.

The problem is the week-long lag. They needed to accommodate it.They really don't. It's temporary and anyone who really wants in... is getting int.

And, I can't wait a week.Why not?

Today, there are only two realistic dailies that I can do in PvE, so I need to get into WvW.Then queue for WvW while you do the "two realistic dailies."

Are you really saying that you can't possibly visit Dry Top to complete 4 events? That map has events popping up often, with a convenient minute-by-minute guide of which ones pop up where.Frozen Maw also occurs every other hour. Are you insisting that you can't do that either?

And if that's the case, what's the harm in skipping a day of dailies?

From the patch notes:Participation will no longer decay outside of WvW. As a result, rewards based on participation (pips and reward tracks) will be delayed until the next full tick when entering WvW from outside other WvW maps.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2018-11-13#World_vs._World

Also, if you weren't in WvW anyway, why would you have 'accumulated points'?

I dont think extra maps would have been the right answer, esp as they have EOTM to be used as overflow. What i think they should have done, is changed the reqs to camp or shrine and had the npc there too. Plus make EOTM warclaw and double wxp event enabled.

I enjoyed my EB runs and ill prob do more wvw because of it, but id have likely have blocked others less if eotm was more viable.

Queue times dropped really fast. There were 104 people in queue the first day, 56 the following day, and just 24 yesterday, at the same hour (at least on my server). Players who are only interested in the mount should stop playing WvW as soon as they buy it, so I don't feel asking ANet extra big work just for 1 week of long queue (although it would have been probably better to introduce the mount with the WvW restructuring, but not a big deal).Also I'm grateful that ArenaNet left 1 map without the warclaw. I never played much in HotM, and I think I'm going to switch from now on.

@Daddicus.6128 said:With the warclaw, it should have been obvious that more people would be playing. So, why aren't there more server/maps to let us actually play? For three days now, there hasn't been a minute where you could actually get in.

I think that'll settle once everyone got the Warclaw (not all new players who came in to get it will stick around and continue to play WvW). However, if I am wrong with my presumption, ANet will indeed have to do something about the queues. I got in fine these past couple of days (after waiting my turn), but it is literally impossible at the moment for a whole squad to jump from one map onto another.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:Wait a week.

Pretty much this. I hate that it is this way now but it will die down and go back to normal I suppose.

A much more interesting question is what they're going to do about the WvW exploits with the Warclaw mount. You can actually jump into some Towers and such bypassing the walls entirely. A good example is Quentin Lake in Eternal Battlegrounds. It has two open sides because it's higher up but on the south side you can actually jump into the location with a Warclaw completely bypassing the walls. A guy that was practicing it told me there were at least 9 locations where you could either bypass parts of a location or get right into it. I find that much more concerning for the long term.

@Gehenna.3625 said:A much more interesting question is what they're going to do about the WvW exploits with the Warclaw mount. You can actually jump into some Towers and such bypassing the walls entirely.Is that why they shortened the leap distance with last night's patch? I'd expect them to release fixes to that pretty soon. If you find such a spot, it can't hurt to send in a bug or exploit report though.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"Daddicus.6128" said:That will work, but by then it will be idling back down. So, we'll have the opposite problem.No, we'll have a return to the status quo, along with whatever issues WvW had last month.

The problem is the week-long lag. They needed to accommodate it.They really don't. It's temporary and anyone who really wants in... is getting int.

And, I can't wait a week.Why not?

Today, there are only two realistic dailies that I can do in PvE, so I need to get into WvW.Then queue for WvW while you do the "two realistic dailies."

Are you really saying that you can't possibly visit Dry Top to complete 4 events? That map has events popping up often, with a convenient minute-by-minute guide of which ones pop up where.Frozen Maw also occurs every other hour. Are you insisting that you can't do that either?

And if that's the case, what's the harm in skipping a day of dailies?

2 Mystic Coins and 2 Gold!!!

@Rasimir.6239 said:

@Gehenna.3625 said:A much more interesting question is what they're going to do about the WvW exploits with the Warclaw mount. You can actually jump into some Towers and such bypassing the walls entirely.Is that why they shortened the leap distance with last night's patch? I'd expect them to release fixes to that pretty soon. If you find such a spot, it can't hurt to send in a bug or exploit report though.I believe it was discussed quite a bit on twitter already but yeah I would suspect that if they shortened the leap distance, that would be why.

Archived