Tired of "Memory could not be read" crashes.

Guest [Deleted User]

I'm so tired of putting up with the "memory at address xxx could not be read" crashes after every single patch. This has been going on for years. Today it crashed me in a pvp match, instacrashed me when I re-entered, then I got dishonor because of it.

At this point it's a regular routine for me to uninstall and reinstall video card drivers and repair the game client after every patch, which is the only thing that fixes it. I've run all the memory tests and checked all the logs and worked with support both from GW2 and my PC. These problems don't happen with any other game or application, and this uninstall-reinstall-repair fixes it every time. Why does it have to be this way? I've been sending the crash reports for years, and there have been many, many other threads on this forum and the old one about these errors so I'm not the only one. Is ANet aware and there's nothing they can do about them? Is it a low priority? Are the causes so vast that even if they stomp 100 bugs there are still hundreds more that cause this error? Some kind of insight would be helpful because I'm getting really frustrated with dealing with this for years and years.

Archived