PvP CC Scrapper build

Trianox.3486

Hi guys!

So, I've been playing this build for the last couple of months (obviously before the gyro rework).http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASncoCNehtoCeeBEqiFSjKM3Olgiurn6teMAauiC-jpAXABAs/gmlBAAI'm looking for advice in line with the general approach to the build.

There are a few obviously bad (?) or suboptimal decisions (such as running Marauder instead of Mender, altho I alternate every now and then; not using alchemy). But it's been a whole lot of fun. I'm more a "gold" player than platinum, but I was able to semi-carry many games due to AoE CCs, holding nodes with decent sustain or simply lockingdown players with CCs until I would out-sustain or out-damage them OR until an ally would come in, double-ressing or finishing players while doing something else.

General concept Applying ton of CC to lock-down ennemy (there is 6 CCs, which mean that by the time I'm done using the 6th one, the 1rst one becomes available again almost regardless or the order in which I'm using them - it's very forgiving!). While I can use decent AoE CCs in team fight, I can also focus simultaneously on a single player... who generally hates my face. There is nothing more satisfying than raming/launching someone off a cliff/edge of some sort in this game. =D

• 5x CCs (hammer 5th, ram (2 ammo), ram-toolbelt, blast gyro, slick shoes)

Superspeed is used as a "utility" to close gap, espace, and provides a bit of sustain (on Marauder, or much more sustain on Mender). It allows to move quickly between nodes, while regenerating some HP with Rapid Regen trait. The two toolbelt superspeed skills are also stunbreakers. Combined with the extra stability, from hammer trait, and Function gyro activation, it's quite decent, and never felt that Alchemy was really missing me.

• 2x superspeed toolbelt of 3 and 5 sec each + traits for providing superspeed.

I picked Inventions and Tools for: Static Discharge, some more dmg traits (on vigor), and lower cooldown (Gadegeteer) on some of the CCs. I also picked Prefectly Weighted instead of Shocking speed to add some more damages and stability, which in turn provides more dmg due to Kinetic Stabilizers. More CCs I have, less damage I receive from an obviously disabled ennemy, and therefore more sustain I get.While not really bursty, I've been able to hold very well against most class if the various evades, block, reflect were use appropriatedly. Quite often, people didn't expect scrapper... and I would catch them by suprise and win 1-1, while having relatively low but sustained dmg from which they could not really escape due to the many CC. In fact, the amount of CCs allow that build to out-damage and out-sustain the ennemy. So investing more into traits to increase dmg was, to me, a really logical choice to make fights shorter... as eventually, I don't want to be alone vs2, especially not for too long.I can successfully chase down runing ennemies with less than 30-50% HP, using superspeed, hammer 3, and longer-range CC.

Again due to the CCs, the builds plays really well with allies who are bursty and can melt-down a player that is disabled.

Sneak gyro is used both to set up the initial gank at the begining of the game, but mostly used defensively to res other players.I must say that Function gyro actually proved to be quite useful in ressing ally while I would down someone else, or applying double-heal/ress on allies. I like the multitasking feeling it gives.

Condi-cleanse

• Inventions with Anticorrosion Plating, offers: 2 condi-cleanse on heal, one being caused by the protection trait (20 sec CD); and 5 on Med Gyro toolbelt (22 sec CD).

I tested during a few weeks Explosive instead of Tools. It "feels like" Tools trait lines give more dmg, but I'm not completely sure.

So that's about it. While avoiding going the full new bunker meta (I like more active style and when I feel I contribute more to the fight), would you suggest any improvement in line with the current approach to the build I'm using?

I tried something similar yesterday, but to limited success. I'm not the biggest fan of personal battering ram, so I tried bomb kit, but that was not particularly good either. Throw Mine might be the better choice for boon removal and CC. If you want to ramp up the CC, Elixir X can help.

I'd drop static discharge from your traits for reactive lenses -- simply put, you shouldn't be spamming your toolbelt skills with your current build. Those are largely situational use skills, so you shouldn't be using them offensively. I would also pick autodefense bomb dispenser over automated medical response. The cooldown timer on AMR is just too high to be relevant, and the bomb dispenser provides a lot of defense.

Gearwise, you should be using sigil of absorption and probably sigil of purging. I would also use paladin amulet for that extra survivability. If you want to increase your damage output, you can pick Rune of the Fighter and the Mass Momentum trait for another +200 power plus a helping of extra toughness. Scholar is not best suited for scrapper because it tends to sit in fights longer. Rune of Melandru + Mass Momentum gets you the same power for significantly higher toughness. If you want rapid regen over mass momentum, rune of sanctuary might pair well with it. Rune of scrapper and rune of infiltration are also good choices.

Offensive version: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASncoCdZhtoCeeBkfhl7jackOpPJsGCgNh+Wj1aF-jJxWABNfBAAY/BcLDQ7DAAADefensive version: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASncoCdZhtoCeeBEqil7ji+Wb1adckOpPJsGCgNB-jJxWAB4WGo5LAAtPAAA2fAA

Archived