Remove stealth from mounts

SwagDAD.4356

You cannot stealth on a glider, and they nerfed the cloaking waters in SMC because it affected combat in a negative way. Why then can I get about 20 people stealthed for 15 seconds outside of draw distance and then push to the enemy without any tell? You cannot have a massive evade, cc immune, superspeed running, stealthed train barrelling down and expect it to be a fun combat experience for all.

Agreed that mounts should not be able to stealth. On my thief (in pve) I can use shadow refuge, mount up after the first tick, wait for it to finish and my character will be stealthed but the mount will not. While amusing it should be this way in every mode.

• 2 weeks later...

@Khailyn.6248 said:Agreed that mounts should not be able to stealth. On my thief (in pve) I can use shadow refuge, mount up after the first tick, wait for it to finish and my character will be stealthed but the mount will not. While amusing it should be this way in every mode.

When you mount up while stealthed, the mount is stealthed also. The stealth just doesn't show graphically on the mount itself.

@Khailyn.6248 said:Agreed that mounts should not be able to stealth. On my thief (in pve) I can use shadow refuge, mount up after the first tick, wait for it to finish and my character will be stealthed but the mount will not. While amusing it should be this way in every mode.

In a way it's inconsistently consistent

In pve you can stealth glideIn wvw you cannot stealth glide

In pve you can't stealth your mountIn wvw you can stealth your mount

Personally, I'd be fine with the amusement of riderless mounts in wvw, but as a trade off and in the name of consistency across modes, if mounts were changed in wvw to act as they do in pve, then wvw should get stealthed gliding.

Archived