WvW Ideas

PolarTitan.8519

I like WvW, but I see many people in the community want different things or have ideas to improve WvW and I think that it is cool. I wanted to make a WvW thread where we could discuss skins, mechanics, things we want to see in the community and so forth. Now I don't know fully what anet has in store for us since we all know WvW is getting a huge revamp soon which will fix the issue with guilds being stranded across servers. That being said, I am going to discuss stuff I want to see in terms of aesthetic and design that would make WvW more fun and rewarding. Please post your ideas and if you like/dislike the ideas I have posted.

• WvW Siege Skins (Gemstore option and collection based): It would be really cool to have siege weapons from the people who place down blueprints to have ice catapults, or branded rams that would hit the gates. If it was gemstore I wouldn't mind either. It would bring a lot of variety into the game that would be fun. It also gets you something to shoot for and I have a separate idea that will expand on this.
  • WvW Guild Halls: Guild Halls seem to be strictly PvE and they did put in an instanced WvW area for people to use, but there are guilds out there who only do WvW and to have a Guild Hall that is a WvW guild hall in the mists would be tremendously huge.
  • Skins: So this is a big one that would honestly bring a lot of people into the game and give WvW players more stuff to do. If they had Guild's have access to a 'guild reward track' which would give various items including skins that would allow it so that when you claimed a camp, tower, keep, or castle to be given a cosmetic skin that displays banners which would allow people to go for WvW or join WvW guilds. So for these reward tracks you need people tagged up and the reward system is like any other reward system but the guild doesn't have a mine, they get their autherium through reward tracks that they progress with as a guild. So these skins are like I mentioned before. You can have branded keeps, Frozen Jormag styled keeps, Mordrem keeps. ETC. This would effect many different layers of the 'node' so to speak so that players could see a change in the WvW environment based on the guild who claimed a structure. So for instance, if you had a guild hall who currently had a Mordrem skin, that skin would make the gates vines like HOT, spiny vines wrapping around walls and around the structure and have the boss or defenders with NPC's from that skin set. The skin option is controlled through the guild hall by the guild leader and the skin actually influences the guild hall as well causing the guild hall to take a similar skin design as the rest of the claims the guild may have. Doing something like this would bring more people to want to join the WvW train, get involved in WvW events, and contribute to their guild.
  • EB: So this is an interesting idea that I have that is a hit or miss, but could spark a lot of people to an exciting event. At each others main spawn, there will be a time period each day where players can contribute supply to a MASSIVE siege. This siege is a battering ram, (if you have seen LOTR Return of the King: then its similar to something like they used in Gondor sorry nerd here :grin: ) now this siege once completed will trigger an event where the siege will slowly progress towards the large gate on the castle in the middle. This siege will display a marker for EVERYONE on the map to see. This siege will be able to take out a gate in 2-3 hits and has a large amount of health. It takes a while for the siege to actually progress to the keep but the attacking team would need to defend their siege as it progresses to the enemy castle. Keep in mind, this siege can't be activated unless an enemy team is in control of the enemy castle. This would be a large meta event where defending team would need to defend their castle and pull forces to take out this huge beacon of wrath. It would not be a common spawn and does take a lot of supply to do so if it does activate it won't be a common thing in game.
  • Weapons: So adding WvW seasonal weapon and armor skins would bring people into WvW to collect these skins when they happen. I know they have talked about the new WvW restructure to have seasons each year which will possibly display new features, maps, etc; but I just wanted to add that I personally would love to see a cool reveal of the skins and possible a trailer to hype things up. If they hyped WvW up more and made some cool marketing trailer for each season then that would be fun to do.

@Tajiseed.7831 said:Some nice ideas there. The guild skins on claimed objectives would be neat - along with guild flags etc. Might be a bit of a slog for the devs though as I suspect each objective would need to be skinned individually as it is visually unique.

Yeah it might take a while, but they have done stuff like this before for example the silverwastes and Orr have 'slight' changes done to it. I hope they can set up a basic rig which they can just use to make copies and alter to fit the skins appearance. If they did something like this then it would cut down on times, but either way I think it would be something great for the WvW groups

Archived