How do you feel about the Warclaw after patch? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

How do you feel about the Warclaw after patch?

Cerioth.7062Cerioth.7062 Member ✭✭✭

How has your experience been with the mount addition to WvW so far?

How do you feel about the Warclaw after patch? 291 votes

Positive, and I wanted the mount in WvW
22%
Dragonzhunter.8506Cerioth.7062Amadeus.5687Rhiannon.1726Auri.1365Calsie.2501LucianDK.8615TheGrimm.5624Mogrey.3891Danikat.8537austra.5104MithranArkanere.8957CETheLucid.3964Tyson.5160Pache.9406Susy.7529Zephire.8049Obtena.7952kaat.8237Silverwing.8750 65 votes
Positive, and I did not want the mount in WvW
15%
Aury.1367Glider.5792Sunshine.5014Pretty Pixie.8603Dawdler.8521Fleebag.1384ArchonWing.9480Lahmia.2193Kylden Ar.3724Pterikdactyl.7630Uon.7491AliamRationem.5172nihasa.5067Eros.6801zinkz.7045Krypto.2069Djamonja.6453Balthazzarr.1349DanAlcedo.3281Lonewolf Kai.3682 45 votes
Negative, I was supportive of the mount
4%
Kam.4092Princess.7584sephiroth.4217hunkamania.7561dkandhika.8104Eramonster.2718Huli.9740Joey.2769Woody Woody.8356DragonFury.6243Aenorio.8712SexyMofo.8923LucasC.4016 13 votes
Negative, I was against the mount
35%
Solori.6025Loosmaster.8263witcher.3197Deaeira.2651bigFM.8642LupusLycaon.1570Turk.5460Mini Crinny.6190Farout.8207Ashen.2907Blockhead Magee.3092Nimrod.9240Belghar.3024Ni In.6578LetoII.3782K THEN.5162Edward H Angle.1407Opal.9324Dagger.2035TheBravery.9615 102 votes
Neutral
6%
TyPin.9860Ashantara.8731Chorazin.4107Ben K.6238Aeolus.3615Liston.9708Inoki.6048Morlhach.4521bigo.9037CrimsonNeonite.1048rdfaye.4368Luindu.2418Prinzsecond.4863Nath Forge Tempete.1645Genuinetheo.6591Edge.8724Cuks.8241Skitter.7389 18 votes
It'll be fine with some changes
14%
Kraljevo.2801Strages.2950derd.6413Oldyoung.6109Ajaxx.3157Traveller.7496Sviel.7493neven.3785ricky markham.8173Cyninja.2954NeroBoron.7285Caliburn.1845Aguna.3497Magolith.9412Eugenides.1274KeyOrion.9506TheMightyNewb.6789raven.5142PaladinVII.1647coro.3176 41 votes
Other
2%
gebrechen.5643Thelgar.7214Straegen.2938Jaruselka.5943Slanderman.9532Atronach.8520L A T I O N.8923 7 votes
<1

Comments

• Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭

I like it, wasn't a fan of WvW before but definitely more interested now.
    Once the revamp drops and I can play with my friends i'll probably start playing fairly regular.

• Rashagar.8349Rashagar.8349 Member ✭✭✭

I haven't had the time to play enough to unlock it yet. =(

• Aaralyna.3104Aaralyna.3104 Member ✭✭✭

This poll misses a "Positive, I was open to idea of a mount in WvW but didn't demand it". From what I have seen they implemented it rather ok. I didn't manage to attack a mount to bring it down (possibly used the leaps pre nerf, and other times full stealth suprise groups). Run speed wise they are too fast for the run crew but well at same time it wouldn't be used if it had run speed. So this is a very difficult decision anyways. For a decent opinion, I agree with Illconceived Was Na.

• DeadlySynz.3471DeadlySynz.3471 Member ✭✭✭

The simple fact that it can eliminate downs instantly makes it a plus to have in WvW, even with the patch. Zerg downed a bunch of people on the first push? No sweat, let the people lagging behind on their mounts eliminate the downs instantly. Downstate problem solved.

• gebrechen.5643gebrechen.5643 Member ✭✭✭
    Other

After the recent patch it has become mostly useless. The only good thing left is the aoe stealth detect.

• ArchonWing.9480ArchonWing.9480 Member ✭✭✭

Better than expected.

Still too fast and needs some CC weakness.

• Lahmia.2193Lahmia.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

I just hope they don't nerf it too much more.

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death."

• kash.9213kash.9213 Member ✭✭✭

I was in support of the mount, but they can take points, insta stomp, and have some engage with no cost to actual build. They should be gate siege and a taxi for players who don't like combat or for people who take on desert map.

Northern Shiverpeaks [EL]

• MithranArkanere.8957MithranArkanere.8957 Member ✭✭✭✭

Most things people were worried about ended up not happening, and those that did were unintentional and/or got/will get fixed.

• Calsie.2501Calsie.2501 Member ✭✭

Thanks for putting this poll up. Negative opinions always seem to be the loudest. It's nice to see what the quieter people think.

From what I've seen so far, people are adapting. Other than the forums, I haven't seen anyone complaining. I love it. I wish the jump forward didn't have to be shortened; it kind of feels like jumping uphill now. But I understand why they did it.

• EremiteAngel.9765EremiteAngel.9765 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 8, 2019

As a Zergling who is tired of ganking chest thumping siege throwing corpse jumping roamers, i fully support the mount.

A Hermit's Tale - To The Edge of the Mists [Link Here]

• Positive, and I wanted the mount in WvW

So far I like having the mount in WvW, although the last patch that reduced the jump range has made Warclaw feel sluggish and is not as fun as before.

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

I can't shake the feeling that it's slower than running on my weaver (with Windborne Speed and Lighting Flash). I know it actually is faster, but maybe because it's more stable instead of periods of going much faster, or maybe because of the animation, it feels slower, unless I'm catching up with a group and then finding myself getting ahead of them. The jump feels weird now. Because the animation is the same but the distance has changed, it's obviously been cut short, it feels like you've hit a wall or something.

I've not seen any of the problems some people have reported on the forum, like zergs being unwilling to fight each other because whoever dismounts first is going to die instantly. Yes it's another thing to deal with, but it hasn't stopped people fighting each other, and I don't feel like it's made a big difference to how the fights play out either. Same with siege - but then 3 warclaws pulling on a gate was never going to replace siege, and they're useless against walls so that's not surprising.

"You can run like a river, Till you end up in the sea,
    And you run till night is black, And keep on going in your dreams,
    And you know all the long while, It's the journey that you seek,
    It's the miles of moving forward, With the wind beneath your wings."

• KrHome.1920KrHome.1920 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 9, 2019

The mount is best update the game has ever had. I really hope they don't nerf it even more. The leap is now 450 range - that's nothing and a lot of builds can chase that down in allied territory.

Thanks for the poll. Results are interesting as the majority seems to like it - this is important fo the devs who might get the impression when reading this subsection, that most players would hate this update.

• Sviel.7493Sviel.7493 Member ✭✭✭

It's still too fast and too beefy, though damage in WvW is also too high so the interaction between those two issues has some positive aspects.

It didn't materially change siege mechanics, which was a big worry of mine. They fixed -most- of the leap problems very quickly. It's fast, despite them specifically saying they weren't trying to break the movespeed paradigm. It's also very popular, which is valuable on its own.

On the whole, it has the potential to be a positive thing. I was worried about how it would be implemented, but they did a decent job and have thus far been quick to fix mistakes.

• Positive, and I wanted the mount in WvW

I did not like the nerf to leap, but i think the mount is great as it makes large scale fights more dynamic, im glad to see most ppl agree that the mount is a good addition and a nice change of phase, i hope it doesnt get nerfed to the ground and losses its main purpose.

• AliamRationem.5172AliamRationem.5172 Member ✭✭✭✭

I was skeptical and shared many of the concerns voiced by other players. But after playing WvW with the warclaw, I really like it. It's definitely improved the experience for me.

My only remaining concern is the P2W-ish aspect of it with regard to zerg play. It's more or less impossible for a player on foot to keep up with a mounted squad, making PoF less of a QoL upgrade and more of a must-have feature for WvW play outside of small scale roaming.

• Kraljevo.2801Kraljevo.2801 Member ✭✭✭

Remove the stomp.

• yorick.1305yorick.1305 Member ✭✭

Wanted it and my Necro loves it. The playing field is a little leveller.

• yorick.1305yorick.1305 Member ✭✭

@steki.1478 said:

Mesmer hiding, while sometimes annoying, is pretty much useless now.

Amen to that!!

• reddie.5861reddie.5861 Member ✭✭✭

@gebrechen.5643 said:
    After the recent patch it has become mostly useless. The only good thing left is the aoe stealth detect.

it doesnt detect stealth, unless that was changed.

for the rest kitten mount never wanted it.
    and just checked first 3/4 votes from positive and they are all PvE kitten so ye this poll isnt gonna work as we WvW are already far less then any other game mode so polls on this forum are useless WvW and sPvP will always lose against these PvE fanboys.

• Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 9, 2019
    Neutral

Neutral i still believe mount was not needed....

Just a way for Anet distract talks about game balance... by just adding somehtign useless-

• gebrechen.5643gebrechen.5643 Member ✭✭✭
    Other

@reddie.5861 said:

@gebrechen.5643 said:

and just checked first 3/4 votes from positive and they are all PvE kitten so ye this poll isnt gonna work as we WvW are already far less then any other game mode so polls on this forum are useless WvW and sPvP will always lose against these PvE fanboys.

How did you find out which voter likes what game mode? You are a prophet?

• Metzie.9083Metzie.9083 Member ✭✭

See, forum post: WARCLAW improvement - what is your opinion on ... ?

Mike O Brien: "(...) We make this game for you".
    Source: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/586426#Comment_586426

• CrimsonNeonite.1048CrimsonNeonite.1048 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 12, 2019
    Neutral

I still don't feel it was really needed, but it isn't as bad as I expected.

It would be nice to fix the skill lag, so we can actually use our skills in the bigger fights, with or without the mounts.

I think traversal speed in your own territory can be too quick, especially for defenders or ktrainers, they should think about balancing that out a bit.

The influx of uncooperative Pve players are annoying, even if a few want to learn wvw.

• It'll be fine with some changes

There needs to be a way to dismount hostile players. Two players of different teams mounted usually end up looking at each other. Other than that, my first impression of the #1 skill was negative. Now...
    I keep finding myself questioning if it really is broken. In order to use it, you have to hang back, out of combat, so you are not contributing. If your teammates cause downs without you... would it not have been faster if you had just fought with them in the first place? I think I'm fine with #1 with 3 targets. Perhaps with a 240 radius reduction, but no more.

• Eramonster.2718Eramonster.2718 Member ✭✭✭
    Negative, I was supportive of the mount

Was neutral before to see how it will go, tilting more to negative as time goes by.

The mount is a newly added "tool" to WvW and effected it as whole (zerg blobing or roaming). This tool gives advantages to players owning it (not going deeper but its a game changer), and a privilege; PoF exclusive. This addition is likely set in stone and won't be removed, not adapt but accept. Not a good addition to WvW, at least not in its current form.

• It'll be fine with some changes

im hoping future changes will make it better. cc should dismount people

• juno.1840juno.1840 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 12, 2019

It's exactly as I predicted... it's a mild change to WvW.

So many players panic and threatened to leave the game -- they sky is falling!

Now that the players actually have used it -- you see it's only mildly impactful. It's improved areas that sucked, like getting across a map. Other than that, it's mostly been a non-event. Sieging gates -- not useful. Sniff -- mostly not useful. Ramming a zerg with everyone on mounts using the attack skill -- mostly not useful.

• Excursion.9752Excursion.9752 Member ✭✭✭

I like it cant wait to see the next mount. The War Eagle allows you to fly in your zones you control.
    For those that miss the small sided fights to bad there is not a game mode for that...

• Burnfall.9573Burnfall.9573 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 12, 2019

'Nobody likes conflict. When there is an underlying issue that is unresolved, sometimes people choose to ignore it and let it lie. But that is actually setting yourself up for a disaster. It’s like a ticking clock ready to explode'

depositphotos_103427804-stock-illustration-sweeping-problems-under-the-carpet.jpg

Adding mounts will not make wvw problems go away. In fact; it will only result in ending gw2 life cycle quicker

• Positive, and I did not want the mount in WvW

i was one of those people who were against , but tbh it was well delivered. but i feel it like killed the game mode , because of the long Q but no one is in the maps

• Straegen.2938Straegen.2938 Member ✭✭✭
    Other

I was neutral on the mount beforehand but have really enjoyed its addition. Getting to fights faster just makes WvW more fun even if at times more frustrating.

• alain.1659alain.1659 Member ✭✭✭

The lag for me makes it unplayable. I do not know if it is only me or others suffer from lag.

• Henry.5713Henry.5713 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 13, 2019

My bet was on a mount that would be mostly designed to help people reach their zergs more safely and of course quickly, and something that would give those running in groups even more of an advantage than they already have. I had feared that the vastly increased base speed would make build choices pretty meaningless as even the slowest builds would be able to move at close to max speed. Had hoped people wouldn't start to avoid combat even more often than they already did previously. Wasn't hard to see all of that coming, I guess.

Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something. ~ Robert Heinlein

• L A T I O N.8923L A T I O N.8923 Member ✭✭✭
    Other

Currently It is implemented with 4 mayor ways to improved

1. The dismount jump is still twice as high as any regular jump..making it possible to reach once unreachable locations
    2. The movement speed is too large in own territory, impossible to catch people if THEY dont want (only certain classes can)
    3. The 3 dodges is too much to use at once ..a bar like the bunny would be more fine by me (equal recharge speed for the 3 dodges but you not suddenly 1200pnts away)
    4. The effort that needs to be done to dismount An enemy player, with the expense of using a stunbreaks to get up' is a little out of balance...
  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 13, 2019

I found the kneejerk reactions for it absolutely hilarious and was pretty much of the opinion that it was a pointless addition that no one requested and WvW could be without, but here's the thing...

I'm already seeing the same effect that the gliders had. Mounts is now an integral part of WvW. It went quickly (at least far quicker than DBL "acceptance"). It's not going away. It's changed the playing field, for better or worse. I think they still need to fix things - especially dismounting and lags/bugs - but overall... meh. It's fine. It's ok. A little fast but I'll survive. I'll adapt. I would have said "neutral" but when I go into WvW now it feels like mounts has always been there. I actually think it looks pretty kitten neat seeing small groups ride past towers and the like instead of running like poor plebs.

• Thelgar.7214Thelgar.7214 Member ✭✭✭
    Other

No option for Positive, but neutral about whether the mount existed or not. I didn't get mine until after the patches, but i haven't had a problem with it. I don't really feel a lot (any actually) of sympathy for roamers who can't attack group-built characters running to their groups with their gank builds.

• LetoII.3782LetoII.3782 Member ✭✭✭✭

@gebrechen.5643 said:

@reddie.5861 said:

@gebrechen.5643 said:

Memory?
    We know you've been around a long time, and that you followed cloudfly for a big part of the game.
    Suddenly, a lot of people who nobody knew show up in the WvW section all at the same time and disappear all at the same time ... ... Probably from another part of the game here for the event would be a fair assumption

[HUNT] the predatory instinct

• reddie.5861reddie.5861 Member ✭✭✭

@gebrechen.5643 said:

@reddie.5861 said:

@gebrechen.5643 said:

@gebrechen.5643 said:

@reddie.5861 said:

@gebrechen.5643 said:

just like i know you do mainly WvW.
    im a prophet, just click on people freaking name, look at their post see where they post most often 90% of your post if not 100% are all in WvW section so i assume u wvw mostly and dont really give a rats kitten about pve.
    correct? i guess not cus this is the internet no1 is ever correct.

but again yes im prophet.

<1
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.