Warclaw, after the Leap distance nerf, feels too slow, less fun.

Alver Lyko.4693

Since there is already a "New mount is too fast thread", I thought a thread for those who actually enjoy the speed of the Warclaw would be appropriate.

While I know the Leap distance nerf is to fix exploits and unintended use cases, I hope developers would be able to find another way eventually fix those exploits without reducing the Leap distance which was a great part of what makes the Warclaw really fun to have in WvW. It added to that feeling of urgency to get into a battle. Now it just feels a little sluggish, like there is no urgency of war, like we were just prancing, taking in the sights and sounds of the area.

I also feel a little bad for those who were only able to or about to get the Warclaw after the Leap nerf patch as they won't be able to feel that feeling of speed others got before the patch.

I agree with TC. As always, every QoL or balance changes will have their fair share of complaints. Calling for nerfs to every thing is the trend now rolleyes

I would also like to suggest that the PER chain pull damage to gates to be changed to 8k per pull and each pull will use up 5 supplies instead of 1. At the same time, increase the maximum number of Warclaws pulling the gates to 5 instead of just 3. This would speed things up a little and make it more worthwhile to use the skill.

It's not really counted as a nerf if they are still adjusting values to find the balance. Prerelease values are rarely set in stone for something like this. They knew that things would needed to be toned down from testing it after release. If anything, we know they always start high, and chop down from there.

@Mil.3562 said:I agree with TC. As always, every QoL or balance changes will have their fair share of complaints. Calling for nerfs to every thing is the trend now rolleyes

I would also like to suggest that the PER chain pull damage to gates to be changed to 8k per pull and each pull will use up 5 supplies instead of 1. At the same time, increase the maximum number of Warclaws pulling the gates to 5 instead of just 3. This would speed things up a little and make it more worthwhile to use the skill

People shouldn't be encouraged to use Warclaws instead of rams.

@"zionophir.6845" said:what is this "Leap distance" thing about the warclaw? yeah ive seen few players that can make their warclaw jump 3x higher than my warclaw when i make it dodge leap and i can't replicate it (so far and up to now).

I've seen this too. Not sure if it's a quick mount/dismount/mount action or lag or some bug.

Archived