Fractals Heal Scrapper

Vagrant.7206

Hey everyone,

I feel really confident in saying I have one of the best healing builds in T4 fractals. My PUG teams just do not die... even on twilight oasis with birds and last laugh. The only struggle I have is when teammates don't know how to stay near me. The newest patch further cemented the power of this healing build. The only time I see people die is when they simply don't avoid agony or OHKOs, or actively run away from me while I'm trying to heal them. It cleanses like nobody's business too -- your whole team can sit in the middle of a rift and barely notice.

Works best with the Afflicted Instability, but We Bleed Fire also makes it shine. Condi-heavy instabilities bring out some incredible buffs, and I've capped duration on regeneration in these instabilities.

Super effective in Volcanic, Cliffside, Mai Trin, Uncategorized, Underground, Siren's Reef, Molten Boss. Not weak in any other fractals, but it can really shine in these ones.

Note:

This is a build that will require familiarity with your 3 primary kits and your offhand shield. Med kit, e-gun, and mortar kit make this build very potent as a healer. Mortar kit can be exchanged for sneak gyro in certain situations, but its light field (that blinds!) and water field are useful enough to merit priority in most situations.

Here's the build:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqensTBFpitbBepC0ehFDjSc/6v/jOxf8KPMAuv8D-jhxGQBDZ/BydCAmoSQ6p+DAeAAEU5HpA8bmF-ehttps://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Healing_Scrapper

How to use it:

Trash Mobs

• Blind with mortar 4
  • Spam med kit 1 for minor injuries on allies
  • Use med kit 4 or Toolbelt 1F for major injuries

Cleansing like a crazy person:

• Elixir Gun 3: Fumigates entire team
  • Med kit 3: Pulses cleanse on the regular (combo with double shield 4 for heal blast)
  • Elixir Gun 5: Cleanse + heal
  • Elixir Gun 5/Purge Gyro/Mortar Kit 4 provide light fields that can be blasted for additional cleanses
  • Purge gyro: Pulses cleanse regularly

Healing like a crazy person:

• Med kit 1 is healing filler, use it between major heals.
  • Toolbelt F1 does >5k healing
  • E-gun 5 does >4k healing on initial burst
  • Always blast your med kit 3 with double shield 4.
  • Activate bulwark gyro prior to big enemy hits. You can also block while it's active to stop incoming damage. You can also use your shield 5 for group protection.
  • Toolbelt F5 + Mortar Kit 5 for another water blast
  • Mortar Kit 5 or Med Kit 3 + E-gun 4 for another water blast.
  • Point blank med kit 2 for a massive injection of health on individuals. Typically >7k at point blank.
  • If you're doing decent cleansing, your Med kit 1 should be healing over 500 health per pulse, or about 1k per second.

Other functions

• Shield 5 can do some impressive CC when timed with certain boss attacks
  • Toolbelt F2 does impressive projectile destruction plus stability
  • Toolbelt F3 is a stunbreaker if you need it
  • On cliffside, you can hit all the chains between sections by cleansing immob once to grant yourself resistance. Similarly, in Volcanic, the immob spam turns into resistance spam thanks to Purity of Purpose.
  • If you have fractal savant/adept/champ/god, your passive healing from that seems to also be shared with group members. Not sure if this is a bug with MDF, but I've healed people passively without doing a thing.
  • If you know an ally will go down (failure to dodge, too low health and too far), pretarget them so that when they do go down, you can immediately activate function gyro and start rezzing.

Changing skills based on scenario

• If you're in a less condi-intesive fractal/instability combo, you can swap out purge gyro for another blast finisher like throw mine to boost your CC/water blast potential
  • Swap mortar kit out for sneak gyro for when you want to skip trash mobs (Molten Boss, Twilight Oasis). Works great on underground fractal when needing to activate the switch.

I am not really sure how its a Fractal heal build, this is virtually identical to a WvW healbot that peole have been running since the medkit change many months ago ;)

I have my doubts about its effiency however, for the same reason the WvW build is often waaaaay overkill in tankiness (but we run that anyway, never know when a 50 man descend on you). I would have imagined power/heal (hammer) or condi/heal (p/p) would be better in PvE. I dont run raids though.

@Dawdler.8521 said:I am not really sure how its a Fractal heal build, this is virtually identical to a WvW healbot that peole have been running since the medkit change many months ago ;)

I have my doubts about its effiency however, for the same reason the WvW build is often waaaaay overkill in tankiness (but we run that anyway, never know when a 50 man descend on you). I would have imagined power/heal (hammer) or condi/heal (p/p) would be better in PvE. I dont run raids though.

Fair number of changes to emphasize healing instead of survival in a competitive game mode, particularly when it comes to gear/trait selection. Pistol/Shield is a better choice for healing than hammer, but offers less tankiness, for example.

I don't understand why anyone would use minstrel or any concentration stat with support Scrapper. Support Scrapper isn't exactly the best profession for providing boons to allies like Druid and Chronomancer, professions which need concentration to have those boons last longer. The only boon support Scrapper benefits is regeneration because of the minor trait Energy Amplifier and most of the med kit skills and combo finishers you'll be using heal allies rather than granting them boons. Which is why I use this build. I know it may seem overkill, but it's still a great build that has helped me keep allies alive and get through tough encounters.

@"Hoodie.1045" said:I don't understand why anyone would use minstrel or any concentration stat with support Scrapper. Support Scrapper isn't exactly the best profession for providing boons to allies like Druid and Chronomancer, professions which need concentration to have those boons last longer. The only boon support Scrapper benefits is regeneration because of the minor trait Energy Amplifier and most of the med kit skills and combo finishers you'll be using heal allies rather than granting them boons. Which is why I use this build. I know it may seem overkill, but it's still a great build that has helped me keep allies alive and get through tough encounters.

Several reasons:

1. My healing is already rather high. I rarely struggle providing enough health unless someone is really bad at avoiding damage.
  2. Toughness on minstrel's makes me the tank, so mobs are pulled towards me. In turn, other players stay near the mobs to deal damage, which allows me to heal better. I spend less time running around trying to gather allies near.
  3. The conversion aspect (with Purity of Purpose) means I can grant some really nifty boons. In any fractal/instab that chills, I grant a ton of alacrity. I'm always granting a ton of regen, fury with blinds, might with weakness, protection with vuln, etc. And in the few instances where immob is a thing, I grant resistance. I can pump out some really hefty boons, so concentration is a great stat for that.

I probably would have done zealots+crusaders with a hammer. For fractals you have 5 people so you need all the damage you can get.

Also I feel bunker down is underrated if you aren't camping med kit but people would need to be stacked and you need decent precision for it. Medical Dispersion field is the correct choice here.

@"Infusion.7149" said:I probably would have done zealots+crusaders with a hammer. For fractals you have 5 people so you need all the damage you can get.

Also I feel bunker down is underrated if you aren't camping med kit but people would need to be stacked and you need decent precision for it. Medical Dispersion field is the correct choice here.

In theory you could do that, although your healing ability will go down (low synergy between hammer and heals), and you will functionally be "shifting modes" between offense and support, which is an awkward transition.

You can also take the BD to get 25 might. I normally provide permanent 25 along w permanent regen, lots of vigor and tons of swiftness. If you get any chrono worth their weight they will do the rest and you will have smooth as heck fractals. I’ve run a similar build but with might generation being a big fix since this patch went through. Lovin’ my scrapper.

@Rogerthatroger.6409 said:You can also take the BD to get 25 might. I normally provide permanent 25 along w permanent regen, lots of vigor and tons of swiftness. If you get any chrono worth their weight they will do the rest and you will have smooth as heck fractals. I’ve run a similar build but with might generation being a big fix since this patch went through. Lovin’ my scrapper.

BD? Do you mean blast gyro?

Solid build. The only Things I would Change is swap purge gyro with elixir U to Speed up the healing using the 10s of quickness. Reason is that with med Kit 3 + EG 3 + Light fields you already have a lot of condi clears at Hand. And I would swich sigil of water to sigil of renewal depending on how busy you are with healing compared to attacking enemies -> Reason is that you can time the weapon swap while you can't time your critical hits on the Boss.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:How does it stack up vis a vie offensive support? Druid gives out 25 stacks might, fury, and pulls around 2-3k DPS'ish. Outside of PoP what can a scrapper do to boost the DPS of the rest of the party?

as soon as there are conditions on your allies, scrapper converts them to nice boons, such as alacrity, might, fury. No conditions -> no offensive boons.

@Prinzsecond.4863 said:

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:How does it stack up vis a vie offensive support? Druid gives out 25 stacks might, fury, and pulls around 2-3k DPS'ish. Outside of PoP what can a scrapper do to boost the DPS of the rest of the party?

as soon as there are conditions on your allies, scrapper converts them to nice boons, such as alacrity, might, fury. No conditions -> no offensive boons.

Yeah but that depends on which conditions they get (are they random?), to turn into boons.

My worry is that in a T4 the support roles need to increase the DPS of the other players to fill the DPS deficit they create. Druids as I said do about 2-3K, but keeping 25 stacks of might on everyone in addition to heals, fury/spotter adds up. Support Chrono used to put out decent numbers but nobody plays it anymore.

If Scrapper doesn't reliably put out offensive support boons, and their DPS in full minstrel is pretty sad (at least from what I've experienced in WvW, even killing a Dolyak can be burdensome :) ) that creates a situation where the party is 4-manning it. If you have very high DPS output that of course can work, but can this work in LFG?

Medi Scrapper is my only support profession, and I love it in WvW, but I just don't see how this would be a good fit for Fractals.

EDIT: In other words a medi scrapper built like this is too good at healing/cleanse, but doesn't do enough damage or increase the damage of the party as compensation. Groups would kill the boss quicker with a Druid in the party.

Minstrel is very expensive because of the freshwater pearls. Not so sure if it's worth spending huge amounts of gold for it. If the whole point of using minstrel gear is the toughness stat so that you are tanky and can pull mobs, why not use cleric instead?

@Hoodie.1045 said:Minstrel is very expensive because of the freshwater pearls. Not so sure if it's worth spending huge amounts of gold for it. If the whole point of using minstrel gear is the toughness stat so that you are tanky and can pull mobs, why not use cleric instead?

You can do that. I have legendary gear so minstrel's is no big deal, but cleric's should work just fine, with shorter boon durations.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

EDIT: In other words a medi scrapper built like this is too good at healing/cleanse, but doesn't do enough damage or increase the damage of the party as compensation. Groups would kill the boss quicker with a Druid in the party.

I find that team builds can actually sit in the middle of big damage and keep going with my build. My entire team was literally sitting in the middle of MAMA's field last night and I was kind of bored. She never even jumped. So DPS actually went way higher than normal because we didn't have to avoid certain mechanics. Skipping mechanics can give massive boosts to DPS.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

Yeah but that depends on which conditions they get (are they random?), to turn into boons.

My worry is that in a T4 the support roles need to increase the DPS of the other players to fill the DPS deficit they create. Druids as I said do about 2-3K, but keeping 25 stacks of might on everyone in addition to heals, fury/spotter adds up. Support Chrono used to put out decent numbers but nobody plays it anymore.

If Scrapper doesn't reliably put out offensive support boons, and their DPS in full minstrel is pretty sad (at least from what I've experienced in WvW, even killing a Dolyak can be burdensome :) ) that creates a situation where the party is 4-manning it. If you have very high DPS output that of course can work, but can this work in LFG?

Medi Scrapper is my only support profession, and I love it in WvW, but I just don't see how this would be a good fit for Fractals.

As I said, it really shines in certain fractals, particularly ones that are heavy on condition output, or with certain instabilities.

• Afflicted means I'm pumping out regen, vigor, retal, aegis, and might.
  • Flux bomb makes me pump out fury and might.
  • We Bleed Fire makes me pump out aegis (which massively reduces incoming damage)
  • Birds makes me pump crazy amounts of fury out.
  • On the Siren's reef fractal, I'm pushing out basically every boon imaginable.
  • In Twilight Oasis, I'm pushing out a bunch of boons dependent on what stage the boss is in, which is actually kind of a nifty counter to her mechanics.
  • On Mai Trin, I'm pushing out a bunch of vigor, might, and swiftness.
  • On the Volcanic Fractal, the immob spam becomes resistance spam.
  • And there are many subtler examples with the trash mobs and mini-bosses.

All of this is on top of an incredible amount of damage reduction I'm doing with protection and bulwark.

The only occasion a druid would be better, IMO, is if you have a regular group you only play with that is extremely meta. In which case, the actual "healing" isn't that big a deal. But I PUG all the time, and I can more reliably keep my groups alive than a druid.

Edit: Today was birds day. I gave my team 3 minutes of fury.

@Vagrant.7206 said:

@Hoodie.1045 said:Minstrel is very expensive because of the freshwater pearls. Not so sure if it's worth spending huge amounts of gold for it. If the whole point of using minstrel gear is the toughness stat so that you are tanky and can pull mobs, why not use cleric instead?

You can do that. I have legendary gear so minstrel's is no big deal, but cleric's should work just fine, with shorter boon durations.

I find that team builds can actually sit in the middle of big damage and keep going with my build. My entire team was literally sitting in the middle of MAMA's field last night and I was kind of bored. She never even jumped. So DPS actually went way higher than normal because we didn't have to avoid certain mechanics. Skipping mechanics can give massive boosts to DPS.

As I said, it really shines in certain fractals, particularly ones that are heavy on condition output, or with certain instabilities.
  • We Bleed Fire makes me pump out aegis (which massively reduces incoming damage)
  • In Twilight Oasis, I'm pushing out a bunch of boons dependent on what stage the boss is in, which is actually kind of a nifty counter to her mechanics.

All of this is on top of an incredible amount of damage reduction I'm doing with protection and bulwark.

The only occasion a druid would be better, IMO, is if you have a regular group you only play with that is extremely meta. In which case, the actual "healing" isn't that big a deal. But I PUG all the time, and I can more reliably keep my groups alive than a druid.

Edit
: Today was birds day. I gave my team 3 minutes of fury.

Cool. I may just try it out. Normally I run with a Druid friend but may run the dailies a second time for kicks. No pushback from other players in LFG on running non-meta healer?

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

Edit
: Today was birds day. I gave my team 3 minutes of fury.

Cool. I may just try it out. Normally I run with a Druid friend but may run the dailies a second time for kicks. No pushback from other players in LFG on running non-meta healer?

Besides a few people not knowing engineer healer was a thing, not really. People are really impressed by how much abuse it can handle

@"Safandula.8723" said:Tbh healers that only heal, and doesn't bring any offensive boons/buffs are very very meh. Druid or rev brings more utility while having enough heal for t4s. I healed sirens reef with we bleed fire and birds, as rev so it's healing is more than viable.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Purity_of_Purpose

On birds nights my team gets 3+ minutes of fury. Any enemy that inflicts weakness is giving my team might.

Is it 100% reliable? No, because enemy condis vary. But that's why I keep saying this build particularly shines in condi-heavy instabilities and fractals. That said, it can also tank a lot of power damage too.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:Why you use shield and pistol though?Wouldnt hammer provide more CC and the same amount of reflect/blocks?

Few reasons:

1. Overshield means you can provide more protection to your team and boost your tankiness
  2. Shield 4's flipover is a blast finisher
  3. Pistol MH is decent for tagging enemies, especially with static shot.
  4. Your damage/cc from hammer isn't going to be significantly better than pistol/shield, and most of the time you won't be doing damage, blocks, or reflects anyway.

This isn't to say you couldn't use a hammer with this build, you absolutely could. You just would get less benefit from it.

@Vagrant.7206 said:

@InsaneQR.7412 said:Why you use shield and pistol though?Wouldnt hammer provide more CC and the same amount of reflect/blocks?

Few reasons:
  1. Overshield means you can provide more protection to your team and boost your tankiness
  4. Your damage/cc from hammer isn't going to be significantly better than pistol/shield, and most of the time you won't be doing damage, blocks, or reflects anyway.

Right i didnt thought about the trait and the cleanse.Handling of hammer seems quite nice to keep allies up close though.Is there any stats that implement healing, boon duration, power and precision? Would be optimal for such a build i assume.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

Few reasons:

Right i didnt thought about the trait and the cleanse.Handling of hammer seems quite nice to keep allies up close though.Is there any stats that implement healing, boon duration, power and precision? Would be optimal for such a build i assume.

I think Crusader's... one sec.

Nope, that's not it. Seraph's is close, Avatar's is close, and Harrier's is also close, but nothing with the particular combo you're looking for.