Make a no mount map

Heartpains.7312

@Heartpains.7312 said:Please make one of the current wvw maps where there is no mount.

I think this would be good idea to satisfy most people, those who wants the mount and enjoy it can play those maps, and those who doesn't want mount can play the map where you can't mount and enjoy.

then you will get like 3 maps like desert bl currently is, no1 wants to play these 3 maps unless u have massive queue on the no mount map :DAnet just need nerf speed on mount and HP + make it CC able and most problems are solved.

reddie I am aware of that =p

and I don't agree with you about the "just need to nerf" I want a map without mount, the mount creates many issues MANY, even if it was just a speed and hp and had no skills.

I will just give a simple example, imagine you are chasing someone who plays same as your class and build, but he is just running away on mount, for you to get that person off the mount, you need to use some of your cool downs, if you do, the person on mount gets advantage. That's just an example.

Make one of the wvw maps with no mount!

I dont understand why Anet would add a mount to WvW.. since game is still designe to AOE SPAM CLASSES ONLY, dev's in this game are just making a easy game for people that fail at other mmo's....

I dont mind mounts on WvW .. but how game works... theres was no need of add a mount..unless Anet wanted a CHEAP solution to counter rally and zerg gameplay.If that is the case ANet dev's ur stupid... mount willlmake combat worse and more towards lamers that like poor effort.

The no skill game has been more enforced with lamer no effort behavior

EDIT: Anet dev's IF u want mounts on WvW, plz add decent mechanics towards it... not a lamer way to solve problems that u guys have no skill to fix.

@Warkind.6745 said:

@Justine.6351 said:Nobody would play on it because nobody would play on it. Even if YOU would play on it, you soon would stop because there is no one to fight.

Nobody would play on it because nobody would play on it.

actually,... people would not play those maps due how mechanicles(dumb)s game is.... it would end on zergling also zergling that map as well cause it is a free ktrain map..

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:How is this mount affecting you so much. So many threads with nonsense possibilities of how this mount shouldn't be stealthed or be able to contest a point or It finished me too fast or some one ran away from me on it. The zerg could stealth all there mounts and attack another zerg. Ya, they gonna do it on mounts and never mass invis b4 or portal bombed or cloaking waters an unsuspecting group. No non mounted player contested a point before mounts. No zerg downed players and back row players cleaned up the downs as the zerg continued foward before mounts. No one ever ran from a fight before mounts. Go away.

No one ever? Nobody every ran from a fight before mounts? Nobody. Thats the argument you going with? Then you gonna say go away after proving you never played the game mode before? Yikes dawg.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:How is this mount affecting you so much. So many threads with nonsense possibilities of how this mount shouldn't be stealthed or be able to contest a point or It finished me too fast or some one ran away from me on it. The zerg could stealth all there mounts and attack another zerg. Ya, they gonna do it on mounts and never mass invis b4 or portal bombed or cloaking waters an unsuspecting group. No non mounted player contested a point before mounts. No zerg downed players and back row players cleaned up the downs as the zerg continued foward before mounts. No one ever ran from a fight before mounts. Go away.

No one ever? Nobody every ran from a fight before mounts? Nobody. Thats the argument you going with? Then you gonna say go away after proving you never played the game mode before? Yikes dawg.

I get ur mad man. Sometimes someone runs away from you. You can't bind then 1500 rng um down every time. I see you in all these threads. People run for many reasons. They are pve er or they are a necro and see a ranger or they are most classes and see a mez. or they spec to support zerg not full pvp spec max single target damage skills in a mode that's 80 percent casuals. You want to force your preferred game play 1 vs 1 on everyone and no one can run. They must fight and die. Ya I never play. Rank 2500 not that that's high. All in EOTM of course is your next comment. It's you who play and contribute nothing to the game mode. You don't take obj def obj just run around looking for some one to kill. My fav thing to do now is mount up run right towards a mez or you watch them maul me keep going wp and then read these threads cause i got away.

Yeah because PPK isnt a thing, huh. It should not be easy to get away. The mount should have had swiftness speed in all territories at best. Dismounted on a single hit without a stun. Maybe had 1 or 2 leaps. That was it. I'm just looking for some way to play the game mode where you don't get back for free just because you have a mount. I want you and your friends to try to 2v1 me. Or 1v1 me. Or even 3v1 me. If you 10v1 me thats kinda lame but you know I'm okay with it. You should have the option to run, but it shouldn't be so easy to run. Yeah I've posted quite a bit, but I actually care about the health of this game mode for all styles of playing it. Being ganked wasn't a problem. It happened, but so did roamers getting ran over by 50 people. There did need to be some class balance discussions around being 1 shot by certain builds for sure. I didn't run those builds and most people (even roamers) consider people who ran them to be bad players. I did PPT. Not a full K train but I'm going to take camps. Join in on towers etc. I just looking for fights along the way. Some of these zergs out here aren't even doing that, but for you to say no one ever ran from a fight before mounts is just false. I pointed that out and now your whole statement changes. If they're a PVE player and they dont wish to be attacked they should probably stay out of competitive game modes. If they see a fight they don't like the odds of they should turn and run, but I should be able to chase. I would have never said EOTM bc until recently it was quite dead. Your last sentence pretty much proves you know the mount is busted.

I said this in another thread that appears to have been deleted, but there are already two no mounts (and no glider) maps available in the game. Edge of the Mists and Obsidian Sanctum. The no mounts brigade could actually play in those instead of just use them as waiting areas. It would revitalize what are otherwise pretty much dead maps, and give people who can't stand mounts or gliders (or both) a place to WvW in without being bothered by the yes mount army.

@Heartpains.7312 said:Please make one of the current wvw maps where there is no mount.

I think this would be good idea to satisfy most people, those who wants the mount and enjoy it can play those maps, and those who doesn't want mount can play the map where you can't mount and enjoy.

Good idea. We need a containment map for all the cheesy thieves and mesmers :+1:

biczkowski if you have issues with thieves and Mesmers mounts will not solve the issues, the issues will remain, once these classes work together they will make life hell for people, coz then they will just kill and literally just mount and move on. oh and add druids and soulbeast and holo to them if you wanna talk about classes (maybe I missed few)

Sir Alric please stop your eotm and OS nonsense, thank you very much.

So with all the issues in WvW that take presidence over the mount...you want them to say "forget updating WvW, forget alliances....lets get our teams together to make new maps that can take months and use any resource we could use to improving the more important aspects of WvW"?

The want of the many outweighs the want of the few. Sorry kid.

@"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:So with all the issues in WvW that take presidence over the mount...you want them to say "forget updating WvW, forget alliances....lets get our teams together to make new maps that can take months and use any resource we could use to improving the more important aspects of WvW"?

It's “The Needs of the Many Outweigh the Needs of the Few”.

Dont tell me that balance and better and skilled gameplay request are still lower than dev's numbers xD

@"Heartpains.7312" said:biczkowski if you have issues with thieves and Mesmers mounts will not solve the issues, the issues will remain, once these classes work together they will make life hell for people, coz then they will just kill and literally just mount and move on. oh and add druids and soulbeast and holo to them if you wanna talk about classes (maybe I missed few)

Sir Alric please stop your eotm and OS nonsense, thank you very much.

Just because you refuse to consider an already existing solution to your request of "make a no mounts map", doesn't mean my suggestion is nonsense. It only mean that you don't like it. But ok, i get it, i'll say no more on this subject.

@"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:So with all the issues in WvW that take presidence over the mount...you want them to say "forget updating WvW, forget alliances....lets get our teams together to make new maps that can take months and use any resource we could use to improving the more important aspects of WvW"?

I didn't say new map, one of the current existing maps, besides that mount thing is obviously taking all their manpower to balance and everything, soon skins to it too =p

BUT wait then we will need another new mount to wvw, I am curious who is gonna work on making new mount for wvw xD

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

I get ur mad man. Sometimes someone runs away from you. You can't bind then 1500 rng um down every time. I see you in all these threads. People run for many reasons. They are pve er or they are a necro and see a ranger or they are most classes and see a mez. or they spec to support zerg not full pvp spec max single target damage skills in a mode that's 80 percent casuals. You want to force your preferred game play 1 vs 1 on everyone and no one can run. They must fight and die. Ya I never play. Rank 2500 not that that's high. All in EOTM of course is your next comment. It's you who play and contribute nothing to the game mode. You don't take obj def obj just run around looking for some one to kill. My fav thing to do now is mount up run right towards a mez or you watch them maul me keep going wp and then read these threads cause i got away.

Yeah because PPK isnt a thing, huh. It should not be easy to get away. The mount should have had swiftness speed in all territories at best. Dismounted on a single hit without a stun. Maybe had 1 or 2 leaps. That was it. I'm just looking for some way to play the game mode where you don't get back for free just because you have a mount. I want you and your friends to try to 2v1 me. Or 1v1 me. Or even 3v1 me. If you 10v1 me thats kinda lame but you know I'm okay with it. You should have the option to run, but it shouldn't be so easy to run. Yeah I've posted quite a bit, but I actually care about the health of this game mode for all styles of playing it. Being ganked wasn't a problem. It happened, but so did roamers getting ran over by 50 people. There did need to be some class balance discussions around being 1 shot by certain builds for sure. I didn't run those builds and most people (even roamers) consider people who ran them to be bad players. I did PPT. Not a full K train but I'm going to take camps. Join in on towers etc. I just looking for fights along the way. Some of these zergs out here aren't even doing that, but for you to say no one ever ran from a fight before mounts is just false. I pointed that out and now your whole statement changes. If they're a PVE player and they dont wish to be attacked they should probably stay out of competitive game modes. If they see a fight they don't like the odds of they should turn and run, but I should be able to chase. I would have never said EOTM bc until recently it was quite dead. Your last sentence pretty much proves you know the mount is busted.

Ok the context of my entire 1st paragraph was these things happened before mounts and all the 2nd comments were sarcastic based meaning people ran away before mounts. Yes it's easier now and now any1 can get away instead of before where some classes could and others just had to die. A thief can lose run at will. A engie and engage lose go mini leap away. I find those classes that can engage then run if they are losing much more frustrating then the guy on his mount that instantly runs. Why should that guy who obviously wants nothing to do with fighting you have to die. I am very sarcastic even the mount run/wp was.

Right, and thief gave up a ton in order to be that mobile. Condition mirage arguably did not but that was a class balance issue and should have been addressed with class balancing and not a mount. What are these classes giving up for that mobility? Does thief get more damage and sustain now? Or that would that just cause more problems? Why would I play a thief now when everyone else is just as mobile.

@Heartpains.7312 said:

@Justine.6351 said:Nobody would play on it because nobody would play on it. Even if YOU would play on it, you soon would stop because there is no one to fight.

What makes you so sure that nobody would play on it? I mean I don't like the desert map and rarely go on that map, but some people like it and they play on it regardless.

It took a lot of updates and a long long time for people to break the stigma that desert bl was a ghost town. They had to tear walls down to open up movement on it just to get roamers to even consider returning for a second look. It would take a lot of convincing to players running around on warclaw 6 months from now to play a map without. And you can forget trying to convince necromancers. Players don't like to feel slow. There is a reason underwater is not popular and not being able to mount or glide there certainly has not improved that.

Justine, because if they waited 6 months to make one of the current maps, a map that you can't use mount in, the people who doesn't want this mount would probably have already left the game or just went to another game mode and don't bother with wvw anymore, not because people wouldn't fill the map which you can't use mount in first =p

I'm pretty sure less than a week ISN'T a good point to make suggestions to change something in the game. The population hasn't fully adjusted to the post mount launch, the fact that not all players have the mount yet, and even if most players do it STILL takes time to adjust to the new norm. Give it a couple weeks.

As to the argument that people can run away from a fight on the mount and it's too fast.... so what? We already have BUILDS for many classes that no matter what you do to them they can lead you from the south to the north and still keep running. This doesn't really change much.

And also, it shakes up the stale dynamics of WvW. The life of hardcore WvW'ers, wants change, but hates when change happens.

Archived