How to beat Condi Mirage

Noodica.5428

Don't even need to watch the video to tell you how to beat condi Mirage as Thief (in WvW at least): Play S/D Core, time your steal so it lands (right after MC ends, they rarely double-up MC, rather they use ambush), and swap to Shortbow often. Ta-Da! Dead condi Mirage. xD

@Dangus.6572 said:stealth/steal/15k backstab /laugh, use Consume Plasma, 111111111111111.

In case he/she still moves Dagger Storm

Lol only trash memsers lose to that. 15k? Really? Probably going berkzer then so the memser can easily hide and then stun and drop all condi just 10k damage and you are done. 15k damage means you have no hp(10k) or utilities to even fight a Mesmer.

I do crit-strike and mara and the highest I can get is 8-10k damage.

@Xenji.4907 said:I do crit-strike and mara and the highest I can get is 8-10k damage.

Very true, and that would be in WvW, unless you activate assassin's signet for higher. Which is a utility that won't really be helping you vs. a condi Mesmer outside of a slightly higher initial burst that still won't be able to finish the job.

sPvP you'd probably backstab even less.

Maybe it doesn't count b/c I'm not actually a condi mes (taking that to mean inflated by dire/tb stats); I can attest that a D/P spending most of its time in stealth and just backstabbing me over and over (especially when I'm fighting somebody else) actually works pretty well. But I'm not bitter!. haha

@Turk.5460 said:

@Xenji.4907 said:I do crit-strike and mara and the highest I can get is 8-10k damage.

Very true, and that would be in WvW, unless you activate assassin's signet for higher. Which is a utility that won't really be helping you vs. a condi Mesmer outside of a slightly higher initial burst that still won't be able to finish the job.

sPvP you'd probably backstab even less.

Yes and sorry I meant wvw. Yeah I run assassin's signet too to make up for the lost in damage. Yep, can't agree more.

@Magolith.9412 said:Maybe it doesn't count b/c I'm not actually a condi mes (taking that to mean inflated by dire/tb stats); I can attest that a D/P spending most of its time in stealth and just backstabbing me over and over (especially when I'm fighting somebody else) actually works pretty well. But I'm not bitter!. haha

No worries I don't know Mesmer that well and I get my butt handed to me. Yes, D/P has to stealth a lot more when fighting against Mesmer and other thief. It's our only way to not get one hit because it's usually down to who got out of stealth last has the better position.

Edit: Spellings X_x

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

@Turk.5460 said:Don't even need to watch the video to tell you how to beat condi Mirage as Thief (in WvW at least): Play S/D Core, time your steal so it lands (right after MC ends, they rarely double-up MC, rather they use ambush), and swap to Shortbow often. Ta-Da! Dead condi Mirage. xD

Far easier said than done though

Pre-patch, sure, but not anymore thanks to .75s MC. Which is by far the best fix ANET added to allow for counterplay. I think what many core and daredevil Thieves underestimate is the power of their shortbow's auto-attack when it comes to a matchup against Condi-Mirage. It's not often a fight we can just go ham on, unless the Mirage isn't playing well.

Archived