100CM and future CMs

zealex.9410

There has been quite some comments on the old forums about how 100 was overall harder than the other fractals. I was curious if that has infuence the way devs will view future CMs as well as their difficulty. What im asking in short is: New CM's will be alot easier than the current 100 (maybe 100cm will also be nerfed). Or are you ok with that difficulty since its a CM.

I personally love the opportunities this opens for hard content outside of raids since it also doesnt infuence the normal t4s.

@zealex.9410 said:There has been quite some comments on the old forums about how 100 was overall harder than the other fractals. I was curious if that has infuence the way devs will view future CMs as well as their difficulty. What im asking in short is: New CM's will be alot easier than the current 100 (maybe 100cm will also be nerfed). Or are you ok with that difficulty since its a CM.

I personally love the opportunities this opens for hard content outside of raids since it also doesnt infuence the normal t4s.

I certainly hope ANet aren't too hasty to pull out the nerfbat. The new CM felt insanely difficult at release, but people are already adapting and it is starting to feel pretty comfortable. It might be somewhat early to say for certain, but I think the difficulty of the CM is fine. It is supposed to be challenging, and it is. It shouldn't be overwhelmingly challenging, and it isn't.

These may be l2p issues since I haven't had a great deal of time to invest, however:100cm, particularly arkk feels very RNGish to me still.also with Arkk, and to a lesser extent vistesta (sp?) I find there is so many animations between player legendaries, varies player skills, and the animations of the boss themselves, I'm often having trouble seeing the animations I need to watch out for ( and avoid ).

@Artemis Thuras.8795 said:These may be l2p issues since I haven't had a great deal of time to invest, however:100cm, particularly arkk feels very RNGish to me still.also with Arkk, and to a lesser extent vistesta (sp?) I find there is so many animations between player legendaries, varies player skills, and the animations of the boss themselves, I'm often having trouble seeing the animations I need to watch out for ( and avoid ).

@Artemis Thuras.8795 said:These may be l2p issues since I haven't had a great deal of time to invest, however:100cm, particularly arkk feels very RNGish to me still.also with Arkk, and to a lesser extent vistesta (sp?) I find there is so many animations between player legendaries, varies player skills, and the animations of the boss themselves, I'm often having trouble seeing the animations I need to watch out for ( and avoid ).

Most of the animations on arc apear over him or on the ground on narge areas making it very easy to notice. Id say the gravity rings might be hard to see at first but that a "l2p" issue as you will grow confortable not only with the aoe indicator as well as the animation arkk himself does. Im at 40 kp because i started 2weeks late and i can say the fight gets predictable after a bunch of runs.

@zealex.9410 said:

Most of the animations on arc apear over him or on the ground on narge areas making it very easy to notice. Id say the gravity rings might be hard to see at first but that a "l2p" issue as you will grow confortable not only with the aoe indicator as well as the animation arkk himself does. Im at 40 kp because i started 2weeks late and i can say the fight gets predictable after a bunch of runs.

oddly enough, those gravity rings ( the ones that expand out, then recede back into ark?) are one of the animations I have no trouble seeing.Though, having just attempted the fight again, it doesn't seem so bad as I remember.

@Artemis Thuras.8795 said:

@zealex.9410 said:

oddly enough, those gravity rings ( the ones that expand out, then recede back into ark?) are one of the animations I have no trouble seeing.Though, having just attempted the fight again, it doesn't seem so bad as I remember.

It was also sort of nerfed by some bugfixes which made the overall fight less random.

I had a really hard time with the higher level CM. I'm disabled with a neuro-muscular disease that leaves me with slow reflexes and visual problems among other issues that make video gaming difficult at times.

That being said, though I wouldn't change the difficulty level. It feels great to finish something like these. For me, it takes a lot of practice and an understanding group.

@zealex.9410 said:

@zealex.9410 said:

It was also sort of nerfed by some bugfixes which made the overall fight less random.

Also players got a lot more comfortable with the fight. They know better what to do and in result there's a lot less chaos in the fight. I expect this would affect the feel of "RNG-ness". The difficulty seems fine to me.

@Feanor.2358 said:

@zealex.9410 said:

@zealex.9410 said:

Also players got a lot more comfortable with the fight. They know better what to do and in result there's a lot less chaos in the fight. I expect this would affect the feel of "RNG-ness". The difficulty seems fine to me.

Yeah the dificulty is fine im not argueing that what im argueing is that between 2 days the fractal was quite more easy to go through. Not as much as to ruin it but ye i could feel the difference.

I dont mind challenging content but if their idea of challenging content is "throw as much aoe circles, mobs, instakill mechanics,damaging orbs and clusterkitten everywhere" then i dont want it. The worst offender is the second boss of shattered observatory, you have to deal with chain hitting mobs that split into more mobs, aoe damage circles thrown everywhere,boss knocking everyone back+ chase the ball. Fractals shouldnt have that many instakill mechanics, they are supposed to be minidungeons you can clear in 15 minutes not look like a raid wing. In raids they can do as they please i guess since about 5% of the playerbase is playing them :open_mouth:

• 1 month later...

I posted for dev attention in the first week of new fractal 100 released with video showing how it was impossible for oceanic player in EU server to get LNHB tittle because of the lag happen more frequently and mechanic wasn't friendly for high ping player.. I done the arch designer title in first week few attempts perhaps 3 hours of game play or so. I never bother to play again after. Today I got my LNHB, only started doing it again last sat and today. so its around 5th or 7th time that I completed 100cm with 400-600 average ping :) I take my word back in the first week of the release that i said it is impossible to do it. I feel that it is either the dev (beautiful Ben) fixed it or players become better :P If dev did fixed it, then i really want to thank you very much and I really appreciate it!!!! :) yes it is a big deal for me to completed that :p now I can sleep in peace without thinking about it not done :)

BTW one of the guy got the blue infusion in the final chest in the group todayhttps://imgur.com/a/F9mCp

@Talindra.4958 said:I posted for dev attention in the first week of new fractal 100 released with video showing how it was impossible for oceanic player in EU server to get LNHB tittle because of the lag happen more frequently and mechanic wasn't friendly for high ping player.. I done the arch designer title in first week few attempts perhaps 3 hours of game play or so. I never bother to play again after. Today I got my LNHB, only started doing it again last sat and today. so its around 5th or 7th time that I completed 100cm with 400-600 average ping :) I take my word back in the first week of the release that i said it is impossible to do it. I feel that it is either the dev (beautiful Ben) fixed it or players become better :P If dev did fixed it, then i really want to thank you very much and I really appreciate it!!!! :) yes it is a big deal for me to completed that :p now I can sleep in peace without thinking about it not done :)

BTW one of the guy got the blue infusion in the final chest in the group todayhttps://imgur.com/a/F9mCp

Actually it's a combination of players getting better, some of the original bugs fixed AND some new bugs that are actually working in favor of players. Specifically the fact that anomalies and the skull mechanic (whatever the name) only trigger 2-3 times max per fight. For example, from 100% to 80%, depending on how slow your dps is you could get more than 1 anomaly/skull, but it only happens once. After that, the anomalies may spawn, but they do nothing and can be completely ignored, making things real easy. The next anomaly/skull that works will be when Arkk comes back to the platform after the first wave of adds. And so on.

I think a dev has already confirmed this will be fixed with the next patch addressing fractals (or next big patch, or whatever, point is it will be fixed soon so enjoy it while you can :p ).

Archived