Selectable stats on ascended rings that drop

raykor.6723

This would be hella sick if they just replaced all the rings with the ones you buy with tickets. Now you've got an asc item that's worth keeping due to select-able stats. I think it's only fitting for a reward that only drops "once in a blue moon" as OP describes. I've had my fair share of them but 9/10 times it's useless stats.

@L A T I O N.8923 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:Correct me if i am wrong, but the only mode that drops selectable stat rings are pve raids. Even fractal ring drops have only most core stats (like wvw). I dont expect a change, since one can buy selectable stat rings with skirmish tickets.

In fractals you get 2 per weekIn wvw 2 per yeae

Skirmish ticket cap is 365/week. Mist band costs 350. So, it is not 2/year, it is one/week.

Not only are they not stat selectable, they are the same selection offered by the laurel vendors; in other words, core stat combinations only. Same stuff that drops in Fractals.

Stat selectable though would be way too valuable. Those are locked behind achievements and vendors, so I doubt you will ever see this change.

I would support the ideas of either:

• making legendary items obtainable easier (cutting down on the painful and costly grind, removing the truly most unnecessary parts from quests to obtain these items), since we're forced to change our stats quite frequently
  • having the ability to select any stats always regardless where a trinket is obtained from
  • implement an amulet system like in PvP (most adequate solution to META changes and adaptability, also newbie friendly)

As someone who also plays games like ESO, when I compare the ability to slot various sets and abilities with the help of add-ons in ESO to the frustrating inability to swap to what I'd need based on the situation (no options to at least store preferred settings via UI) as in GW2 I know who wins my heart, and the favour of my coin.

Even my 16 flax farmers have ascended rings thanks to these wvw drops. Save them for useless characters, salvage them or vendor them. They don't need free selectable stats though, there's just too many other methods of acquisition if you're looking for a specific stat combo, but a MF stat swap option for jewelry (sometime in the future) would be an interesting option.

Archived