Probably (META) Scrapper WvW roaming and sPvP

Lociaz.4027

Agree, those 66 HP would probably be better with any other stat.

My question: If I looked at the correct build, it has 2 condi removes on a 60s cooldown and at MOST 2 more on a 20s CD.... how do you handle condition builds? For me it looks like purity of purpose is kinda wasted with those 2 puny condition-clears via Elixir gun.

To tell the truth, a scrapper can't be very good at dealing with condi builds whatever you do to him. Even the post-patch Purge Gyro, pulsing once a second, is not enough if you get into necro's "mud". The only way is keeping distance and waiting for an opportunity.

@"Rusty.9348" said:To tell the truth, a scrapper can't be very good at dealing with condi builds whatever you do to him. Even the post-patch Purge Gyro, pulsing once a second, is not enough if you get into necro's "mud". The only way is keeping distance and waiting for an opportunity.

Of course, but keeping out of the enemies hard-hitters / condi Bursts is General gameplay and not only related to engineer/scrapper. This is also the case against condi guards, rangers, thieves, mesmers, elementalists, engineers. You still Need a bunch of condi clears in the end, even if you avoid the biggest threatening skills right?

@Prinzsecond.4863 said:

You still Need a bunch of condi clears in the end, even if you avoid the biggest threatening skills right?Talking about Scrapper, you will have to sacrifice your effective skills for not-so-effective condi cleansing available to the class. So you will be weak vs either power or condi rivals. At least Elixir Gun gives you an additional escape jump and some ranged autoattack (though not the coolest one).

@Dawdler.8521 said:The 3 pieces of crusader gear giving you a whooping 66 extra healing power feels kind of pointless. I mean getting 666 healing power just because I could understand but not that.

Seems you didn't got my build. But NVM...When I'm in wvw I'm getting also extra healing power and when I have Regen I have extra 250 healing power so I have approx 350 healing power in my build.

@Prinzsecond.4863 said:Agree, those 66 HP would probably be better with any other stat.

My question: If I looked at the correct build, it has 2 condi removes on a 60s cooldown and at MOST 2 more on a 20s CD.... how do you handle condition builds? For me it looks like purity of purpose is kinda wasted with those 2 puny condition-clears via Elixir gun.

Also as I mentioned before with my extra heal my healing gyro pluses extra 300heal and my leap and blasting water is increased. And with my superspeed I can run away Condi bombs and stealth up easy. And cleanse with elexir gun. And also scrapper has great evades and blocks even now barrier that covers me greatly. So Condi against me isn't so dangerous. Only if it's like 3 scourges on me that trying hard on me. ?

@Rusty.9348 said:

You still Need a bunch of condi clears in the end, even if you avoid the biggest threatening skills right?Talking about Scrapper, you will have to sacrifice your effective skills for not-so-effective condi cleansing available to the class. So you will be weak vs either power or condi rivals. At least Elixir Gun gives you an additional escape jump and some ranged autoattack (though not the coolest one).

And rangers can't do nothing because of reflecting missiles and destroying them with gyro belt skill.?

@Lociaz.4027 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:The 3 pieces of crusader gear giving you a whooping 66 extra healing power feels kind of pointless. I mean getting 666 healing power
just because
I could understand but not that.

Seems you didn't got my build. But NVM...When I'm in wvw I'm getting also extra healing power and when I have Regen I have extra 250 healing power so I have approx 350 healing power in my build.

You can't really count that as 350 healing power in the build. Not when it's dependent on regen and you only have two sources for it. You won't necessarily have regen on you when using med gyro or its toolbelt skill.

It'd be nice if Inventions had a way to give regen (it used to) since it has a stat increase minor based on the boon.

@"Lociaz.4027" said:

Also as I mentioned before with my extra heal my healing gyro pluses extra 300heal and my leap and blasting water is increased. And with my superspeed I can run away Condi bombs and stealth up easy. And cleanse with elexir gun. And also scrapper has great evades and blocks even now barrier that covers me greatly. So Condi against me isn't so dangerous. Only if it's like 3 scourges on me that trying hard on me. ?

You have those +250 Healin power anyway, so your 66 healing power is still only 66 healing power on top of that, resulting in ~60 HP more first healing and ~40 HP more pulse healing. Water plasts are 12HP more and water leaps are 33HP more. If this makes the difference between life and death in a fight it would be a reeeeeeeeally close one. But of course if you prefer it that way, its fine.Considering the running, dodging and blocking, sure that is great, but you can't do much damage while doing that, especially since many condi builds come with a lot of defensive stats. And a good condi player does not only have 2 condi-skills, he keeps constant condi pressure on you. So would it then just be a stalemate, like stealhig and running and blocking? Maybe you're good enough to still apply pressure, but it is veeery dangerous, with only the 2 clears from elixir gun. I have seen a ton of WvW roamers playing very good and big against power classes and then just melting away against some half-baked condi classes^^ So even if it works out for you, I would not recommend players that are new with Scrapper to run around without a decent condi removal.And still I think the purity of purpose trait is not of big use, as it gives you maximum 1 "random" boon every... 10 seconds?

Hey i really like what you did there. I made some theorycraft build and its quite similar to yours. Im not sure how would it work i need to test it more. what do you think , especially rune choice ?http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASncoCtbhlXBGpCEqilKjK86Kmuievr77WcZCgyD-jlyHQB2RJI8uAAnVpBhUJ4fKzOx+DvTNCA8AAcnqKfTHQAAEgbezAwQH6QH6QHat5Nv5Nv5Nv5Nv5NLFgqbtA-w

@"kiranslee.4829" said:Hey i really like what you did there. I made some theorycraft build and its quite similar to yours. Im not sure how would it work i need to test it more. what do you think , especially rune choice ?Good, should work. The rune is just one of those generic survivability runes (with toughness contributing to power a little through "Mass Momentum" trait) that make forums yell about scrappers being OP. Actually I used to run my scrapper on "Tools" with perma swiftness gained through "Streamlined Kits" but it was pre-patch.

I agree with the comments about the healing power being wasteful ... stick with your toughness/vitality choices. Builds like this one are starting to be very popular. I focused on boon duration for mine, so a mix of Wanderer's and Berserker was a natural choice. If you were having more direct healing, healing power maybe ... but if you are relying on Regeneration for healing, it's less effective.

Archived