FA weaver — Guild Wars 2 Forums

FA weaver

Any chances of Anet to bring FA scepter/focus weaver back? I feel it so nerfed at the moment in both WvW and PvP.

Comments

  • Megametzler.5729Megametzler.5729 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Huehue, I saw you bursting some revenant today again and again. :tongue:

    I don't like FA weaver though. I liked the core one, where you had to set up the burst, bait dodges and stab. FA weaver is just smashing air attunement as fast as possible and staying on no-port spots (yes, I know I am overexaggerating), so I am happy it's gone.

    However, if they'd change Fresh Air to have an internal CD and instead increase focus' defense a bit (like making some more skills castable behind you and reducing some CDs), I'd be in for that. It would reduce the noobfilterness and give it some breathing time in highest ranked games for kiting revs and thieves.

  • @Megametzler.5729 said:
    Huehue, I saw you bursting some revenant today again and again. :tongue:

    I don't like FA weaver though. I liked the core one, where you had to set up the burst, bait dodges and stab. FA weaver is just smashing air attunement as fast as possible and staying on no-port spots (yes, I know I am overexaggerating), so I am happy it's gone.

    However, if they'd change Fresh Air to have an internal CD and instead increase focus' defense a bit (like making some more skills castable behind you and reducing some CDs), I'd be in for that. It would reduce the noobfilterness and give it some breathing time in highest ranked games for kiting revs and thieves.

    Yea mate but that burst requires me to go all in eart/aire into fire/air/air and i leave my self totally vulnerable. I just would like to know if there are any changes to be expected, mainly in defensive scenario. We got nerfed enough !

  • Megametzler.5729Megametzler.5729 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @eLfocus.8961 said:

    @Megametzler.5729 said:
    Huehue, I saw you bursting some revenant today again and again. :tongue:

    I don't like FA weaver though. I liked the core one, where you had to set up the burst, bait dodges and stab. FA weaver is just smashing air attunement as fast as possible and staying on no-port spots (yes, I know I am overexaggerating), so I am happy it's gone.

    However, if they'd change Fresh Air to have an internal CD and instead increase focus' defense a bit (like making some more skills castable behind you and reducing some CDs), I'd be in for that. It would reduce the noobfilterness and give it some breathing time in highest ranked games for kiting revs and thieves.

    Yea mate but that burst requires me to go all in eart/aire into fire/air/air and i leave my self totally vulnerable. I just would like to know if there are any changes to be expected, mainly in defensive scenario. We got nerfed enough !

    Yaah, that's true of course. It's definitely more skill involved and preparation and more punishable than DE or power mirage.

    Well, I hope there are no nerfs coming up for any ele build, but... you never know these days (or years). :tongue:

  • Exzen.2976Exzen.2976 Member ✭✭

    I think it’s fine in WvW. Could definitely use some help in PvP though.

  • Stallic.2397Stallic.2397 Member ✭✭✭

    Scepter Earth 3 should be replaced with a block. Why have 2 blinds on one weapon? Upon block, barrier is granted to the Ele. Dragon's tooth needs to be executed faster, even if it's at the cost of some damage honestly. Fire and Earth auto-attacks need a rework too- way too weak.

    Without substantial reworks like that, FA Weaver will just be a troll Air spam build.

  • It's very decent in WVW imho, or at least, I'm having decent success with it!

  • Yea it's alright in WvW but in Pvp it does not fit anywhere at all. Full zerk 11k HP so you can be able to deal some decent dmg, We need a way to remove boons or steal boons. Every class has that kind of trait/skill or w/e.

  • Mr Godlike.6098Mr Godlike.6098 Member ✭✭✭

    With supposed mirage evacuation from meta and so many viable semi or directly bunker builds ...actually i would dare to say that FA builds are playable now in ranked. Still no big hopes for core build but at least fresh weaver should be less stressful.

  • @Mr Godlike.6098 said:
    With supposed mirage evacuation from meta and so many viable semi or directly bunker builds ...actually i would dare to say that FA builds are playable now in ranked. Still no big hopes for core build but at least fresh weaver should be less stressful.

    Yea indeed i feel ranked less stressful since meme build is gone now :)

  • Mr Godlike.6098Mr Godlike.6098 Member ✭✭✭

    @""eLfocus.8961"

    There no big reasons to be hyped about - Fresh Weaver stays as the slowest (map rotation) +1 build with no cc's that's has real hard time when disengegeing so knowing all pvp jumping puzzles is must to be able to run it.

  • Bamm.6975Bamm.6975 Member ✭✭

    To this saying ele is ok in WvW I have a question. Are you referring to Zerg play or roaming or both?

    I used to play GW2 a lot and leveled 5 classes to 80 got some legendaries and loved it. Ele is my favorite class for sure. I came back after a couple years away and I feel so underwhelming on ele accrpss the board but especially in pvp.

  • steki.1478steki.1478 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Bamm.6975 said:
    To this saying ele is ok in WvW I have a question. Are you referring to Zerg play or roaming or both?

    I used to play GW2 a lot and leveled 5 classes to 80 got some legendaries and loved it. Ele is my favorite class for sure. I came back after a couple years away and I feel so underwhelming on ele accrpss the board but especially in pvp.

    Roaming. Scepter has no use in zergs. Staff weaver is still top tier damage dealer in big zergs.

  • Zhaid Zhem.6508Zhaid Zhem.6508 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 18, 2019

    FA still work, at least in WvW roaming.
    In Pvp you can play it, but it's very limited; focus brings some sustain but not enough to hold a cap : very long CD, and #5 earth that prevents capture, #4 air useless at melee, fire skills no comment. But mostly : the burst is short + you have a "waiting time" between each burst, no pressure no dmg outside #3 air/fire #3 air/earth and so FA, like a chrono or a thief have. And buff "dragon's tooth" or "shatterstone" dmg, without any consideration for cast-time and delay won't help. It's a very niche build imo.
    In a way Lightning rod is better in pvp : more pressure.

  • Bort.8647Bort.8647 Member ✭✭✭

    All FA weaver needs is some stealth and some passive invulnerability traits and then it will be on par with other 1 shot builds. But on a serious note, 1 shot builds should have very strong counters and weaknesses. Other 1 shot builds like deadeye and mesmer should be brought down to the same level as FA ele. It would however be nice if some of the scepter skills got buffed or reworked as nearly half of the skills arent very useful, particularly fire skills.

  • Exzen.2976Exzen.2976 Member ✭✭
    edited March 25, 2019

    Please don’t give FA Weaver stealth... imagine the nerfs we would get to compensate! It would be better to remove passive invulnerability traits from other professions rather than add them to ele, since they don’t promote good active game play.

  • steki.1478steki.1478 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I'd be happy with 20 sec on lightning flash that doesn't do anything other than teleport. Right now it's a lot worse than blink and shadowstep (even rocket boots in most situations).

    Superspeed isnt enough when majority of the classes have easy access to 900+ range leaps and shadowsteps.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.