How to get into Balthazar Plaza in Divinity's Reach?

There is an area in DR called, I believe, Balthazar's Plaza where there are a number of vendors (Banker, Black Lion Trader, Laurel Vendor, etc.)However, there is a portal, with a guard, that says you need a pass to enter.I cannot figure another way into there from another entrance.

What is the key to this place?Thanks in advance.

It's one of a number of "VIP" areas around the game. You can only get in using a pass purchased from the gem store: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Royal_Terrace_Pass

However there's nothing in there you can't find elsewhere in Divinity's Reach. All these VIP areas are mini towns with all the services you'd find elsewhere grouped together. The other benefit is that you can use the pass to teleport your character there from anywhere in the world, just like you can with the Heart of the Mists or WvW maps. But aside from that convenience they aren't any different to a normal town.

You need the gemstore item Royal Terrace Pass (or a name along those lines); it's a lounge, trying to reach any lounge in the world without the corresponding pass in your inventory will kick you out. (ember bay, gendarren fields and the crystal oasis also have lounges in them and do the same.)

Lounges are areas with a lot of utilities in one place so you don't need to run all over to get between vendors and crafting stations etc. like in the cities - they just provide extra convenience to players willing to pay for it.

Thanks for all your responses!So, basically, I'm hearing that what you are paying for with this situation is convenience, correct?Yes, that is the foundation for FTP MMOs -- the mini-transactions for convenience are what sustains the enterprise.If you are willing to put up with inconvenience, or lengthy periods of time to accomplish achievements, you can pay less.If you want to move along faster, you pay for the privilege.I get it.

@Kabuki Theatre.9752 said:Thanks for all your responses!So, basically, I'm hearing that what you are paying for with this situation is convenience, correct?Yes, that is the foundation for FTP MMOs -- the mini-transactions for convenience are what sustains the enterprise.If you are willing to put up with inconvenience, or lengthy periods of time to accomplish achievements, you can pay less.If you want to move along faster, you pay for the privilege.I get it.

Im not sure what the last bit was all about. There is no move along faster in effect here. It’s just a different setting than going to LA or a home city.

You pay for some exclusive scenery and a closer clustering of an npcs by using an item from your inventory rather than your map and waypointing somewhere else and back.

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Kabuki Theatre.9752 said:Thanks for all your responses!So, basically, I'm hearing that what you are paying for with this situation is convenience, correct?Yes, that is the foundation for FTP MMOs -- the mini-transactions for convenience are what sustains the enterprise.If you are willing to put up with inconvenience, or lengthy periods of time to accomplish achievements, you can pay less.If you want to move along faster, you pay for the privilege.I get it.

Im not sure what the last bit was all about. There is no move along faster in effect here. It’s just a different setting than going to LA or a home city.

You pay for some exclusive scenery and a closer clustering of an npcs by using an item from your inventory rather than your map and waypointing somewhere else and back.

It does save you time and a bit of effort, but not to the point where u MUST buy it. ON another note the best main city for crafting, banking, and tp access close together is Rata Sum.

No there is no privileges you can pay for to move faster. It's just a convenient cluster of NPCs, crafting station and ways to teleport to different cities.There is nothing you can not get in divinity rich itself. Except mystic forge but that is in another city.

Archived