Any Warclaw changes tomorrow?

Hadi.3167

I'm not expecting much but i would love to see some minor tweaks to Warclaw... for the Love of Dwyana and what ever other deities you Bookah's worship. Please change the dang Battle maul to at least dismount other players. Im tired of running past people and not being able to fight. You already killed stealth classes in WvW with the "Mark" mechanic on towers and Sentry's. Why does WvW keep getting punished , what did we dooooooo!

@Sazukikrah.5036 said:I'm not expecting much but i would love to see some minor tweaks to Warclaw... for the Love of Dwyana and what ever other deities you Bookah's worship. Please change the dang Battle maul to at least dismount other players. Im tired of running past people and not being able to fight.this specific change has been brought up so many times now, that they surely at least talk about it :)but it might take some time as there are still things to consider. for example should you after using your engage skill be locked out of the mount for longer than the one second you are now (10s maybe) , so that you get 'punished' for missing it ?

I'm all for Warclaw changes, but I've noticed that many of the people who are complaining about enemies running away, are they themselves known for being players who often run away from fair fights and 1v1s. I find that very amusing. Have you noticed the same? ¯_(ツ)_/¯

So far the Warclaw has been a ton of fun. The only people really negatively effected by it are the gankers, which also is a positive change.

I even found myself joining the zerg again (haven't in years) because of how much fun it was to be in the cavalry hopping and jumping to the next engagement accross the map.

After most of the pve players are done and the game settles down again, that is when the real issues will show up.

I might suggest they allow new players to rent a Warclaw (in WvW only) until they get the mastery which would then allow them to use it in PvE. Once most players in WvW have Warclaws, new players are going to have a VERY rough time. Not a great way to introduce WvW to the unsuspecting. After terrorizing some of those PvE players over the weekend, I don't see any reason to make it even harder on them.

@"Grim West.3194" said:

I even found myself joining the zerg again (haven't in years) because of how much fun it was to be in the cavalry hopping and jumping to the next engagement accross the map.

"hopping and jumping to the next out-numbered guys" because that's how it work currently, zergs leave no chance to out-numbered people.And the "next engagement" is more than 2/3 about killing people with more number or capping free(wood) structure.

Gankers just evolves from thieves/mes with dedicated builds to teamfight classes on warclaw ;)

Indeed, all the same thing under a different name. You'll see a bunch from zergs happily chase down one person with a big group - it didn't matter to them if it was someone trying to get back to their zerg or if they were a roamer. They have in essence become the thing they complained about, and the mount just pretty much enabled this behaviour and newer people seeing this are just going to follow that trend.

@"Grim West.3194" said:So far the Warclaw has been a ton of fun. The only people really negatively effected by it are the gankers, which also is a positive change.

Yeah, because only gankers can be chased down by mounted zergs. /sMaybe I'm just unlucky, but I can't even cap a camp lately before some zerg shows up with their mounts. If anything, the mount makes me feel forced to switch to a cheesy "gank" build just because they seem to be the only roaming builds left that have a chance to kill things and escape before they get ran over by a zerg.

Extra health bar, means extra skills have to be used just to dismount a player. Mobility and immunity to CC means it not only causes a disadvantage but in most cases will completely nullify melee skills, giving all power to ranged damage. Players no longer have to engage, and can simply run away. All this creates a total breakdown in the quality of WvW, and degrades the value of different playstyles, giving all priority to zerging and ktraining. The devs need to tweak the mount to make it less of a novelty, and more of tool to enhance fights. For example, draining the stamina bar when cc'ed, or adding a cc bar so the mount is not immune to cc's which is utterly ridiculous in WvW.

Also, more stealth nerfs.

@X T D.6458 said:Extra health bar, means extra skills have to be used just to dismount a player. Mobility and immunity to CC means it not only causes a disadvantage but in most cases will completely nullify melee skills, giving all power to ranged damage. Players no longer have to engage, and can simply run away. All this creates a total breakdown in the quality of WvW, and degrades the value of different playstyles, giving all priority to zerging and ktraining. The devs need to tweak the mount to make it less of a novelty, and more of tool to enhance fights. For example, draining the stamina bar when cc'ed, or adding a cc bar so the mount is not immune to cc's which is utterly ridiculous in WvW.

The mount basically has an infinite Crowd Control bar / Defiant bar that the NPC's out in PVE have like champions . I've seeen it once when a player was dismounting. I literally saw that Defiant Bar .

Ganking is part of this game. Just like pin-sniping. No one component which has been part of the game for so long should be invalidated. You may hate ganking (as do I on an almost full zerker hammer rev), but none-the-less denial of access to your tag or an objective is fundamentally a component of WvW.

@Sazukikrah.5036 said:

@X T D.6458 said:Extra health bar, means extra skills have to be used just to dismount a player. Mobility and immunity to CC means it not only causes a disadvantage but in most cases will completely nullify melee skills, giving all power to ranged damage. Players no longer have to engage, and can simply run away. All this creates a total breakdown in the quality of WvW, and degrades the value of different playstyles, giving all priority to zerging and ktraining. The devs need to tweak the mount to make it less of a novelty, and more of tool to enhance fights. For example, draining the stamina bar when cc'ed, or adding a cc bar so the mount is not immune to cc's which is utterly ridiculous in WvW.

The mount basically has an infinite Crowd Control bar / Defiant bar that the NPC's out in PVE have like champions . I've seeen it once when a player was dismounting. I literally saw that Defiant Bar .

I am not sure what you mean by that, as far as I know all mounts including Warclaw are immune to CC's. Personally I think this needs to be changed in WvW, I listed 2 possible ideas in my earlier post.

@Turk.5460 said:I'm all for Warclaw changes, but I've noticed that many of the people who are complaining about enemies running away, are they themselves known for being players who often run away from fair fights and 1v1s. I find that very amusing. Have you noticed the same? ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Fully agreed.And as a necro main, I'm proud to say that I've never ran from any fights.

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

@Turk.5460 said:I'm all for Warclaw changes, but I've noticed that
many of the people
who are complaining about enemies running away, are they themselves known for being players who often run away from fair fights and 1v1s. I find that very amusing. Have you noticed the same? ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Fully agreed.And as a necro main, I'm proud to say that I've never ran from any fights.

We cant run away, we have no mobility ;)

@Grim West.3194 said:So far the Warclaw has been a ton of fun. The only people really negatively effected by it are the gankers, which also is a positive change.

After most of the pve players are done and the game settles down again, that is when the real issues will show up.

I might suggest they allow new players to rent a Warclaw (in WvW only) until they get the mastery which would then allow them to use it in PvE. Once most players in WvW have Warclaws, new players are going to have a VERY rough time. Not a great way to introduce WvW to the unsuspecting. After terrorizing some of those PvE players over the weekend, I don't see any reason to make it even harder on them.

What do you consider a ganker? Anyone who kills you? That seems to be the definition people have been using lately. Its quite funny actually that if a blob jumps 2 guys with 50 its A-okay. Nothing wrong with that. But let you get 2v1ed on the way back to your zergs. Those bad players just always ganking you huh?

Tweak the following:

• Mount engage skill dismounts other players
  • Sniff only work on stealthed targets
  • Remove dismount 'jump' allowing players to gain height into exploit/unintended areas
  • Mount should be CC-able... defiance bar maybe

Don't know how to feel about the x3 leap evades, but glad the devs shortened it. I still believe this thing should've been movement speed bonus only from the get-go to balance out classes having to give up dmg for speed runes/skills/traits.

@Queen Anastasia.7103 said:Tweak the following:

• Remove dismount 'jump' allowing players to gain height into exploit/unintended areas

Don't know how to feel about the x3 leap evades, but glad the devs shortened it. I still believe this thing should've been movement speed bonus only from the get-go to balance out classes having to give up dmg for speed runes/skills/traits.

I like everything but the sniff idea. That would be another op skill like Adding Mark to Towers and Sentry's. Sniff is fine. I think they should add a pull chain to the mount that allows you to do dmg ONLY to mounts and cost supplies.I'd bet they release mount skins for a quick cash grab before they release any balancing changes to mounts. We'll probably have to wait as long as we did when they first added Desert Borderlands and waited months for those changes to come.

@Sazukikrah.5036 said:

I like everything but the sniff idea. That would be another op skill like Adding Mark to Towers and Sentry's. Sniff is fine. I think they should add a pull chain to the mount that allows you to do dmg ONLY to mounts and cost supplies.I'd bet they release mount skins for a quick cash grab before they release any balancing changes to mounts. We'll probably have to wait as long as we did when they first added Desert Borderlands and waited months for those changes to come.

Idk Sniff felt broken to me. It's supposed to ping dots on the map for a few seconds right? The tooltip is very vague. What I mean by my suggestion is they should reverse it to ping stealthed targets only, not nearby enemies. It's literally another mobile watch tower no wonder havoc/smaller groups either died off or are at such a disadvantage. There's just so much passive scouting now (stealth trap, watch tower, target painter) I feel like Sniff skill is wrong and should be focused on picking up actual stealthed, incoming targets (not reveal) just to ping them.

It just annoys me knowing our 10 man group trying to assault hills gets pinged by some warclaw sitting around inner wall, the dude doesn't even need to poke his head up and count us. It's all done for him via Sniff. Lame.

@Queen Anastasia.7103 said:

Idk Sniff felt broken to me. It's supposed to ping dots on the map for a few seconds right? The tooltip is very vague. What I mean by my suggestion is they should reverse it to ping stealthed targets only, not nearby enemies. It's literally another mobile watch tower no wonder havoc/smaller groups either died off or are at such a disadvantage.

only the one using sniff does see the dots shortly, not his allies. thats a major difference to a watchtower.

@Queen Anastasia.7103 said:

Idk Sniff felt broken to me. It's supposed to ping dots on the map for a few seconds right? The tooltip is very vague. What I mean by my suggestion is they should reverse it to ping stealthed targets only, not nearby enemies. It's literally another mobile watch tower no wonder havoc/smaller groups either died off or are at such a disadvantage. There's just so much passive scouting now (stealth trap, watch tower, target painter) I feel like Sniff skill is wrong and should be focused on picking up actual stealthed, incoming targets (not reveal) just to ping them.

It just annoys me knowing our 10 man group trying to assault hills gets pinged by some warclaw sitting around inner wall, the dude doesn't even need to poke his head up and count us. It's all done for him via Sniff. Lame.

Get used to it, started with sentry reveals then tactivators then stealth traps now like you say mobile reveals...I've been roaming/havoking since year one and you used to have to roam and scout by sentries disappearing and swords...now its all given on a "silver"platter...enough said anybody with 2 sense realizes how dumming down WvW is getting...and like the original poster...mounts is nothing but rubbish unless your blinded on the swiftness...anyways am a minority in these forums from reading all the advocates...anyways...

@"MUDse.7623" said:only the one using sniff does see the dots shortly, not his allies. thats a major difference to a watchtower.

I didn't know this for the one using the skill (that's actually a lot better than what I thought it was doing), thanks for sharing.

It's still similar to watch tower in that it's extremely lazy scout design (pings enemies); that guy will be hiding inner wall Sniff not even have to show his face and "time to call my 50 man map blob to come run over this small group".

@"StrawHat.2639" said:Get used to it, started with sentry reveals then tactivators then stealth traps now like you say mobile reveals...I've been roaming/havoking since year one and you used to have to roam and scout by sentries disappearing and swords...now its all given on a "silver"platter...enough said anybody with 2 sense realizes how dumming down WvW is getting...and like the original poster...mounts is nothing but rubbish unless your blinded on the swiftness...anyways am a minority in these forums from reading all the advocates...anyways...

Got my own ways to get around certain areas. You're not wrong, I miss those days where you actually had to actively scout objective areas. Now it's all seemingly auto-pilot. Next they'll add a map-wide dot pinger that pulses every 5 mins... I legit wouldn't be surprised smh.

@Turk.5460 said:I'm all for Warclaw changes, but I've noticed that many of the people who are complaining about enemies running away, are they themselves known for being players who often run away from fair fights and 1v1s. I find that very amusing. Have you noticed the same? ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Pretty much this. I'm not anti-gank specifically but I do appreciate the irony. And I don't appreciate that every time something changes ppl would rather complain than adapt. I have no problem with the current level of effort it takes to dismount someone, and I wouldn't have a problem with anet making it harder or easier to dismount someone in the future bc I can adapt to any of those situations . . .

But if they are looking at changing something so soon after implementation I'd vote for skills 2 or 3, which are pretty much useless rn. I can't think of anything good that would come from making skill 3 more useful but making skill 2 marks visible to everyone in the map seems like a no-brainer, since it would be the rough equivalent of creating a keybind for typing 'Hey there are X number of ppl over here' in map which anyone can already do anyway . . .

Whether or not the Warclaw will be changed, I kind of doubt it will happen tomorrow. They already did some quick changes on a several things they didn't like. (Such as nerfing the leap.) It seems more likely at this point that they will wait to see how things work out once the acquisition phase has calmed down and players start to actually use the Warclaw and develop strategies around it and so on. This is the honeymoon phase where everyone's desperately in love or hate with it. Can't really judge it until it's had some time in the field.

Archived