Fresh Playthrough, Returning Player

So I am a older player. I first got into GW2 after I quit WoW because the PvP looked amazing. I started as a Mesmer and later trialed a bunch of classes (with a character of the same name and race, being a RP'er who didn't like being an altoholic, lol), and it's been fun. I was burned out however after HoT, and after how the devs initially treated Revenant (a class I wanted to work so badly but the lack of in depth diversity was a bummer). Went away, played some FF, yadda yadda yadda.Back now after hearing mostly good things about PoF. I've decided to start fresh- made a Norn Ranger to do something different. I'm planning on leveling my character completely without any leveling scrolls or Tomes (the latter of which I have almost 200 stock piled, good lord).Anyone have any recommendations for... I don't know, enhancing a playthrough like this? I'd like to hear your guys' ideas.

Thanks!

First of all, welcome back. Hope you had fun experiences with the other games.

Not knowing what kind of player you are, besides an Role-player, I would say the first thing to think about is finding an active RP Guild/Community. Having people to share your trials and tribulations, in character or otherwise, makes and breaks an MMO experience.

Ah, I've done a bunch of content. PvE, PvP (mostly before HoT when build diversity was a thing), and WvW when the game first started and it was really fun. PvE seems to not have changed too much open world, but I'm not familiar with today's dungeons and fractals now. Also curious as to the state of PvP and WvW now with PoF rolled out.

@TheTimelessShadow.2958 said:Ah, I've done a bunch of content. PvE, PvP (mostly before HoT when build diversity was a thing), and WvW when the game first started and it was really fun. PvE seems to not have changed too much open world, but I'm not familiar with today's dungeons and fractals now. Also curious as to the state of PvP and WvW now with PoF rolled out.

Dungeons themselves have largely not changed since HoT. It's still Power-biased due to the small enemy health pools and structures that are largely resistant to condition damage. Fractals on the other hand has been worked on, and has a dedicated team working on new content. The latest Fractal, Shattered Observatory has, by far, been one of the best they've made.

I can't comment on PvP and WvW, as I don't play those game modes.

Archived