Skins for Minions — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Skins for Minions

We want skins for Minions, like skeletons or zombies.

Comments

  • Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭

    yes.
    they so ugly.

    Te lazla otstara.

  • +1

    In love with minions. I'm gonna buy skins from the store for sure, if there are any.

  • +1

    I'd very much enjoy an array of skins for minions. Since I main an Asuran Necromancer, I'd love to see some type of necrotic asuran-golem minion.

    Iblii
    Level 80 Asura Reaper
    "Shadow of a Shadow"

  • Triton.4652Triton.4652 Member
    edited March 23, 2019

    For the love of minions.....Please add more skins. More options. I personally don't like seeing weird skeleton babies all the time.

  • Arzurag.7506Arzurag.7506 Member ✭✭✭

    Anet gotta release a rework of the minions first tho

    "I´m not big on sermons nor words, Broken bones teach better lessons and speak for themselves."

  • @Brimstone.3807 said:
    I they do this, they must be dubbed.....Skinions.

    AH HA HA HA HA HAR HAR HARDY HAR HAR!!! YOUR SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PUNNY!!! xD

  • LeDomello.4375LeDomello.4375 Member
    edited March 28, 2019

    YESSS!
    I'm into fantasy like hell and those minions we have (their appearances) looks like dumbest creations of dredge ex-artist. Can't stand their image.
    If we, necromancers, rise dead ones to serve us, why not to give us a possibility to rise all of creations we've met across the world?
    Imagine traveling zones along undead Jotun and (aggresive mode) quaggan at your sight or whatever you want. Want to have a servant? Kill it and rise it's flesh.

    Just like there were many models of Risen, we also deserve many models of minions. For the sake of Grenth, I praise for a day when this comes to happen and we can finally be free of abominations we now have.

  • InsaneQR.7412InsaneQR.7412 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I think all summons could use some visual skins.
    Like pets, spirits, maybe spirit weapons, conjure weapons, minions, banners and turrets.

    Only ones i would spare are distinct summons of renegade (because it wouldnt make sense with skins) and mesmer summons which already take your appeareance.

  • Batel.9206Batel.9206 Member ✭✭✭

    I want little plant creature minions for my sylvari necromancer. :D

    and the cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon
    little boy blue and the man in the moon
    when you comin' home, dad?

  • It would be a lot of fun. And it's been suggested a number of times.

    It probably won't happen because it's a lot of design work that benefits a single profession. There's nothing wrong with that, except that ANet can direct the same resources towards things that everyone might enjoy or that cover a breadth of professions.

    Hype is the path to the dark side. Hype leads to unfulfilled expectations. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to disgust. Disgust leads to "oh, new shinies! I'm back!"

  • Yannir.4132Yannir.4132 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:
    It would be a lot of fun. And it's been suggested a number of times.

    It probably won't happen because it's a lot of design work that benefits a single profession. There's nothing wrong with that, except that ANet can direct the same resources towards things that everyone might enjoy or that cover a breadth of professions.

    This could be baked into a larger collection. I also don't see this as unlikely as it used to be as they have been expanding the wardrobe lately with novelties, gathering tools, etc.
    Engineers want more skins for their kits. Mainly Flamethrower, Mortar and Elixir Gun.
    Spirit Weapons for Guardians could have alternative looks.
    Thief minions could have more varied looks, although they already change based on race.
    Just some examples I could think of right now.

  • @Yannir.4132 said:

    @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:
    It would be a lot of fun. And it's been suggested a number of times.

    It probably won't happen because it's a lot of design work that benefits a single profession. There's nothing wrong with that, except that ANet can direct the same resources towards things that everyone might enjoy or that cover a breadth of professions.

    This could be baked into a larger collection. I also don't see this as unlikely as it used to be as they have been expanding the wardrobe lately with novelties, gathering tools, etc.

    Novelties, gathering tools, etc... all that artwork ... works for everyone, not just one prof.

    Engineers want more skins for their kits. Mainly Flamethrower, Mortar and Elixir Gun.
    Spirit Weapons for Guardians could have alternative looks.
    Thief minions could have more varied looks, although they already change based on race.
    Just some examples I could think of right now.

    Sure, that's all true. I hope you also see that each 'skin' above that you mention applies only to a single profession. The same artists could instead work on new novelties, gliders, etc that work for everyone.

    Again, I like the idea. I am just expressing skepticism that ANet will invest in it.

    Hype is the path to the dark side. Hype leads to unfulfilled expectations. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to disgust. Disgust leads to "oh, new shinies! I'm back!"

  • Yannir.4132Yannir.4132 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:
    -snip-
    Again, I like the idea. I am just expressing skepticism that ANet will invest in it.

    Skepticism is healthy, and you're welcome to it.
    Many of the previous categories, that benefit everyone, are also kind of over-saturated.
    A new "novelty" like this could be a new avenue for cashflow to them that actually effects what playing your class looks like. A new look for minions is more compelling to me personally than novelties, mount skins or gliders. I like the flavor.
    But overall it's a question of whether it's a good investment for them, and only ANet can really answer that.

  • phs.6089phs.6089 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 30, 2019

    @Yannir.4132 said:

    @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:
    -snip-
    Again, I like the idea. I am just expressing skepticism that ANet will invest in it.

    Skepticism is healthy, and you're welcome to it.
    Many of the previous categories, that benefit everyone, are also kind of over-saturated.
    A new "novelty" like this could be a new avenue for cashflow to them that actually effects what playing your class looks like. A new look for minions is more compelling to me personally than novelties, mount skins or gliders. I like the flavor.
    But overall it's a question of whether it's a good investment for them, and only ANet can really answer that.

    They wouldn't know unless they make one for starter and see how it goes.
    Most games have skins for adds and devices, it works for them, dunno why it wouldn't work for GW2
    As for the topic +1
    Gimme something like this for Flesh golem and take my money

    "There is always a lighthouse, there's always a man, there's always a city."

  • Asum.4960Asum.4960 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 30, 2019

    I'm not sure why Anet never did this, as it's easily monetizable.

    Just sell them as Skin packs on the gemstore (aka alternative Necromancer Minion Skins, Engineer Gadgets, Ranger Pets etc.)

    Of course I'd rather see them just update some of the aged skill effects from launch days and add some alternative ones for free, but that's just not going to happen.
    Monetizing them could also serve as incentive to make some of those skill categories more viable in order to sell more of the alternative skins, because unfortunately, everything is money driven, and some of these issues like lacklustre Utilities categories will never be addressed unless there is direct monetary gain associated with it.

    The best way to get a minion and deathmagic rework at this point is for anet to sell minion skins, and wanting people to actually buy them (that or a MM elite Spec, should we get more of those).

    R.I.P. Build Templates, 15.10.2019

  • I believe an ex-anet dev pack sort would be interesting.

  • +1 to skinions

  • DeWolfe.2174DeWolfe.2174 Member ✭✭✭

    I'd like skins for minions too!

    I'd also like an entire change to the feel of Necro and get away from the blood gore ghoul whatever. We are scholars educated in life force, lets have a change to where we're light sided shaman's or Valkyries with ghostly spirit minions or other magical minions. Just more variety after 7 years please??????

  • Lily.1935Lily.1935 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Spectral skins, Burning skins, Pony skins. yes. I'd like to see some fun skins. But I'm of the opinion that more than just minions should gain skins. Like the shades, or Gyros and turrets.

  • sorudo.9054sorudo.9054 Member ✭✭✭✭

    i have suggested this a long time ago and ppl talked it down for being useless, sorry but i am seeing both the community and Anet in a really negative light for about 2 years now.
    would still love this though, i want the classic minions from GW back.