Warclaw should have 1 HP and 1 dodge

witcher.3197

This would solve as many issues as possible without straightup removing the warclaw from WvW (which I'd prefer, but I know is unlikely).

Would it help players move accross the map? Yes.

Would it help players avoid combat in a PvP gamemode, killing certain playstyles such as roaming? No.

Would it curb stealth one shot builds? Yes, because they'd have to reveal themselves to dimount the target.

Would players get dismounted by everything? No, there's still one dodge to get you past hostile mobs and other small obstacles.

Maybe reduce mount speed slightly as well. Thoughts?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems to me like you suck at this game. And you have to face reality now, that you can't gank better players, and have to either face them on a real fight, or finally get good at the game, stop them from escaping, and earn the kill for the first time in your life. Stay salty!

@Xtinct.7031 said:I would advocate a compromise, that the mounts total HP be reduced by half and cut down the dodges to just two.

I was thinking, what if each dodge had a life cost? Imagine if each dodge would consume 2.5k ~ 3k life, then using all three dodges becomes a lot more risky when trying to bypass enemies.

Also, a dodge could apply a debuff that keeps the mount in combat for some 5 seconds.

@witcher.3197 said:

@derd.6413 said:I suck at this game and without mounts I'd actually have to face reality, now I can just run away from better players and call them names to mask my insecurity

FTFY

oh my silly friend, i'm fully aware i suck at this game.

Then maybe stop giving feedback about things you don't understand.

i fully understand the the things going on, i'm just don't care enough to practice/improve my skills

@Pache.9406 said:Seems to me like you suck at this game. And you have to face reality now, that you can't gank better players, and have to either face them on a real fight, or finally get good at the game, stop them from escaping, and earn the kill for the first time in your life. Stay salty!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Dude all of you 'better players' who advocate this mount been the ones running from fights since day 1. Dont @ me.,

@lodjur.1284 said:Something tells me op plays thief, if you roam on anything but soulbeast/thief/mirage you're very happy about the mount. For the record op, resetting a fight 17 times isn't actually fighting, it's boring the enemy to death

I roam on core war, and mount is terrible. Everyone avoid fight until they have more people, then they start getting brave and give chase.

This is funny because soulbeast , thief have the best chance of getting someone off the mount.

@tobin.6754 said:

@lodjur.1284 said:Something tells me op plays thief, if you roam on anything but soulbeast/thief/mirage you're very happy about the mount. For the record op, resetting a fight 17 times isn't actually fighting, it's boring the enemy to death

I roam on core war, and mount is terrible. Everyone avoid fight until they have more people, then they start getting brave and give chase.

This is funny because soulbeast , thief have the best chance of getting someone off the mount.

I roam on core warrior and I not happy about the mount.

According to many others you aren’t a roamer, you are a ganker so there is that too...

@Farout.8207 said:

I roam on core warrior and I not happy about the mount.

Alright everyone was a poor choice of wording there. Unless you're plainclothes sword/gs core i fail to see how the mount isn't all benefits tho, never had a many fights/hour before.

Melee thief has a bad time dismounting it, deadeye too if you dodge, soulbeast i guess can dismount it fairly easily, but it's still less miserable than before as you can just use the mount to close the distance on them and start on melee.

@witcher.3197 said:

@derd.6413 said:I suck at this game and without mounts I'd actually have to face reality, now I can just run away from better players and call them names to mask my insecurity

FTFY

That's not how feedback works. When someone who doesn't understand or know something gives feedback about that thing, they often indicate while doing so how they are not receiving the information they need to know what's going on.

Just because more casual players do not know what's going on doesn't mean their collaboration is pointless. There's no bad feedback, and gatekeeping doesn't work.

It's the same reason why there should be a specific 'cheating' report option for WvW and PvP, and the balance team should have access to those players reports. So the they get more information to determine whether a player who gets reported for cheating often but isn't cheating is receiving those reports because hey are very good, or because they are exploiting a build that is too good and needs to get addressed.

@witcher.3197 said:

FTFY

Saying that when suggesting the mount should have 1 HP and 1 dodge is just beyond ridiculous

@Blocki.4931 said:

FTFY

Saying that when suggesting the mount should have 1 HP and 1 dodge is just beyond ridiculous

No he had a point. You shouldn't give feedback on things you don't understand in a matter of fact way. OP isn't wrong. In other MMOs getting put in combat means you get dismounted instantly. Nobody has an issue with how mounts work there. Why? Because that is where it started. Balanced. Offers mobility. No combat advantages. Which is what this should have been and is almost what we were told it would be.

@tobin.6754 said:

@"lodjur.1284" said:

Melee thief has a bad time dismounting it, deadeye too if you dodge, soulbeast i guess can dismount it fairly easily, but it's still less miserable than before as you can just use the mount to close the distance on them and start on melee.

This is false.

How so? Melee thief cant keep up with mounts for long. Especially once they put themselves in combat.

Even if they do dismount I'd imagine they have burned their shadowstep and most of their initiative. By "I'd imagine' I mean I play a bit of core thief.

@lodjur.1284 said:

but it's still less miserable than before as you can just use the mount to close the distance on them and start on melee.

I haven't play thief in while, but steal + backstab should take care of the 10k hp on the mount. But mainly, what I quoted there is false, have you try to chase someone on mount with a warrior?

@tobin.6754 said:

but it's still less miserable than before as you can just use the mount to close the distance on them and start on melee.

I haven't play thief in while, but steal + backstab should take care of the 10k hp on the mount. But mainly, what I quoted there is false, have you try to chase someone on mount with a warrior?

Yeah I have. I play core warrior and core thief, and I do not use mainhand dagger on core thief. I use sword/dagger. Therefore backstab isnt an option. Also every single objective in the game now marks for some reason. So everything reveals. Meaning on a lot of the map you cant even backstab. Specifically enemy sentries or towers. Which are both objectives that are bound to have high mount traffic.

@Duckota.4769 said:

FTFY

In other MMOs getting put in combat means you get dismounted instantly.

You've obviously not played ESO.

Archived