How does the Warclaw actually work in PvE?

I'll admit, I'm a PvE player and not really into WvW, but I am one of them "gotta have everything" people. So I will be working towards the Warclaw just so I have all the mounts.

I'm still confused as to how the Warclaw functions in PvE, especially in regards to masteries. There is a lot of talk about Masteries, but all I can see on the WIki are WvW masteries. Is there a hidden mastery track, like for the Griffon in PvE, that unlocks when you get the mount? What is its special ability in PvE?

In PVE it only really has the dismount attack and two short leaps. Plus the mastery skills - bond of life etc. Apart from appearance and extra mobility over foot it offers nothing over the other mounts for PVE. In WvW you use world ability points (you 1 each time you level up) to unlock the mount. Then increase the leaps to 3, then the dismount skill finishs downed players, then sniff to detect nearby enemies and finally the chain pull on gates. The PVE masteris bond of faith etc. are not usable in Wvw. So in all it really is mostly usefull in WvW. Though it is a good looking mount. Especially the Outrider skin.

@Ben.2160 said:In PVE it only really has the dismount attack and two short leaps. Plus the mastery skills - bond of life etc. Apart from appearance and extra mobility over foot it offers nothing over the other mounts for PVE. In WvW you use world ability points (you 1 each time you level up) to unlock the mount. Then increase the leaps to 3, then the dismount skill finishs downed players, then sniff to detect nearby enemies and finally the chain pull on gates. The PVE masteris bond of faith etc. are not usable in Wvw. So in all it really is mostly usefull in WvW. Though it is a good looking mount. Especially the Outrider skin.

This pretty much covers it. I just wanna add my two-cents that it's a very good looking mount. I even bought some gems to get the skins pack. So while it might not have any special PvE utilities, it's still nice for RP or fashion wars.

@JackassTheX.6351 said:I'm still confused as to how the Warclaw functions in PvE, especially in regards to masteries.Poorly.

It has no special ability. It's slower than most mounts. It cannot be upgraded with masteries. It's not immune to fall damage.

There are other topics in which we are asking ArenaNet to buff the Warclaw in PvE (considering how they have already split its stats between PvE and WvW anyway). Without a buff, it's pretty much useless.

@"ugrakarma.9416" said:I suggest buffing it in the sense of turning it into a type of "panzer" in pve, continue at the same current speed, but give it a high HP pool.

I would think that is reasonable, although im fine with it as it is. But i think we need a tank mount, one thats slower but you cant be knocked off of.

Archived