Lag Problem After Mount Update

Hi, I am a wvw player of 5 years. Apart from the occasional lagging when 3-way SM fights happen, I hadn't experience any lag problems until the mount update. After the update whenever 2 zergs (15-20 people) with mounts come together, I start to lag. Also EB is laggy even when only 2-3 people are present. Like I said I have been fighting at 3-way SM fights but never experienced lag this much. My settings are adjusted as advised (model and quality are low-lowest) and I had no trouble while playing wvw before.

• 2 weeks later...

Same thing here. My system is quite high end, rarely drops below 30FPS even in 3-way zergs, with what used to be a very stable 100ms ping. I'd say before the warclaw, I had virtually no lag for years (the few times I did it was due to my provider's server, which required a simple router reset).

Now it's non-stop lag spikes, even in empty maps with very few others around. WvW is unbearable - above about 10 people in the region, it lags for seconds and snapshot teleports everything, and commands are ignored - unplayable. It's pretty obvious this is affecting almost everyone, as in zerg battles there will be downs that stay there for 10-30 seconds without being finished, right in the middle of the zerg firefights. It's odd that no one seems to be talking about this - almost nothing in forums/reddit/google...

I've checked my connection - I can ping a wide variety of west coast servers with sub-30ms pings (even using 1024 byte buffers), and east coast servers are solid sub-60ms pings. I get 30/30Mbps up/down using speedtest. I don't play any other games, so can't comment on them being fine...

Archived