Farewell to Gaile event? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Farewell to Gaile event?

TheQuickFox.3826TheQuickFox.3826 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited March 14, 2019 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Will there be any this time?

Wiki: Farewell to Gaile - Archived website: Farewell to Gaile
Or for any of the other employees who like to say goodbye?

Ascalon Will Prevail!

GW Wiki user page | GW2 Wiki user page

Comments

• It’s been over two weeks. If they were going to have a goodbye event seems like it would have been back then.

Be careful what you ask for
    ANet might give it to you.

Forum Guides: Images. Text

• TheQuickFox.3826TheQuickFox.3826 Member ✭✭✭✭

Two weeks isn't much. Everyone needed some time to digest the happenings.

Ascalon Will Prevail!

GW Wiki user page | GW2 Wiki user page

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 14, 2019

I "think" the community did one shortly after the announcement. I never knew about the old gw1 event (or that she left once before), but it seemed a very cool thing to do back then

They haven't done it at all for any employee leaving in the GW2 time though, so it seems unlikely and as people have commented below, perhaps inappropriate

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Dami.5046Dami.5046 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 14, 2019

I went to the LA event and it was because Gaile was moving roles within the company, not leaving. If she had been say retiring, that would of been different.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Randulf.7614 said:
    I "think" the community did one shortly after the announcement. I never knew about the old gw1 event (or that she left once before), but it seems a very cool thing to do.

I believe the circumstances are very different this time, and something like that would just be pouring salt into an open wound at this point.

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:
    I "think" the community did one shortly after the announcement. I never knew about the old gw1 event (or that she left once before), but it seems a very cool thing to do.

I believe the circumstances are very different this time, and something like that would just be pouring salt into an open wound at this point.

Aye in reflection I think you are right

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• apology for poor english

when were you when gaile grey fires?

i was sat at home eating spaghetti donut when pjotr ring

"gaile is fire"

"no"

• Deimos.4263Deimos.4263 Member ✭✭✭

I don't know of any events planned. In our guild hall we made a special area as a tribute to her efforts, the Gaile Gray Commemorative Gardens. Hit me up in game if you'd like to visit, all are welcome.

• Haleydawn.3764Haleydawn.3764 Member ✭✭✭✭

As lovely as Gaile presented on this forum, she wasn’t the only person to lose her job.

The above was written as part of an attempt to waste time.

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Philkafou.7481 said:
    apology for poor english

"gaile is fire"

"no"

Gaile wasn't fired or laid off. She left voluntarily to ensure others' opportunity.

• Mikali.9651Mikali.9651 Member ✭✭✭

no, she doesn't deserve special treatment

• Gehenna.3625Gehenna.3625 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@Philkafou.7481 said:
    apology for poor english

"gaile is fire"

"no"

Gaile wasn't fired or laid off. She left voluntarily to ensure others' opportunity.

I think that's romanticizing things a bit. She didn't quit, she volunteered for a layoff. If you think about it, you'll realize that's not the same thing.

"In my experience, if you can't say what you mean, you can never mean what you say. The details are everything." ~ Minister Durano

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.