Remove Demolisher amulet

Abelisk.5148

Bunkers are a role--they are made to control points and it's clear ArenaNet supports this role. I think, however, that Demolisher amulet is too tanky while being able to boost a lot of power damage. It has ferocity, power, and precision coupled with the toughness. Classes with at least 15k HP will have no problem sustaining at all. Despite this, enemies are able to do significant damage.

Knight's amulet can be considered as well since it's very tanky. It can be weak at times but it definitely shows its strength at other times.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd rather they normalize baseline hp & armor for PvP than remove specific amulets. That would put all professions on an even playing field while keeping the choice between vitality and toughness intact.

The game has had years and years of balance changes; the idea that an elementalist should start off with 11.6k hp vs a warrior's 19.2k hp has long been outdated.

Smoking is a habit -- it is made to keep me happy and it's clear my job supports this addiction. Condition amulets are too tanky while being able to boast a lot of condition damage, which is ridiculous. It has defensive stats coupled with the condition damage, which is simply ridiculous. Classes with at least 15k HP will have no problem sustaining at all. Absolutely ridiculous. Despite this, they are able to do significant damage, which is beyond ridiculous.

???

I propose we remove all other amulets beside Berzerker's Amulet.

! No, I'm not salty. I think the problem is with the traits however, and not the stats.

@BadMed.3846 said:What's wrong with demolisher amulet? Please explain. What a joke of a thread.

I do not think there is an issue with demolisher per say. There is only 1 (maybe 2?) that can really use it. I think it is primarily an issue of HP pools. If all classes have the ability to use it, it would not be an issue.

@Ralkuth.1456 said:Smoking is a habit -- it is made to keep me happy and it's clear my job supports this addiction. Condition amulets are too tanky while being able to boast a lot of condition damage, which is ridiculous. It has defensive stats coupled with the condition damage, which is simply ridiculous. Classes with at least 15k HP will have no problem sustaining at all. Absolutely ridiculous. Despite this, they are able to do significant damage, which is beyond ridiculous.

???

I propose we remove all other amulets beside Berzerker's Amulet.

! No, I'm not salty. I think the problem is with the traits however, and not the stats.

I think this post hits the nail on the head.

@"Solaerin.8635" said:I'd rather they normalize baseline hp & armor for PvP than remove specific amulets. That would put all professions on an even playing field while keeping the choice between vitality and toughness intact.

The game has had years and years of balance changes; the idea that an elementalist should start off with 11.6k hp vs a warrior's 19.2k hp has long been outdated.

Daily dilemna of an ele:

" NEED vit in build baseline, yes or yes, cool. Heals have low base values and only worth their dime with some healing power, cool, lets see, how many amulets we have left.... hmm. Ok but where do I get my toughness now? Guess runes.... good at least now I have the same baseline survavility of almost all classes not named revs, lets see, where can I put the damag....oh, yah, well guess I either give up sustain or damage, well that is actually fair"

proceeds to get matched vs paladin/maurader soulbeast/spellbreaker/holo who somehow have higher base stats, damage and sustain barely spending any resources on said sustain

"Oh cool, welp, time to get on my soulbeast too".

@Fortus.6175 said:

@"Solaerin.8635" said:I'd rather they normalize baseline hp & armor for PvP than remove specific amulets. That would put all professions on an even playing field while keeping the choice between vitality and toughness intact.

Daily dilemna of an ele:

"
NEED
vit in build baseline, yes or yes, cool. Heals have low base values and only worth their dime with some healing power, cool, lets see, how many amulets we have left.... hmm. Ok but where do I get my toughness now? Guess runes.... good at least now I have the same baseline survavility of almost all classes not name revs, lets see, where can I put the damag....oh, yah, well guess I either give up sustain or damage, well that is actually fair"

proceeds to get matched vs paladin/maurader soulbeast/spellbreaker/holo who somehow have higher base stats, damage and sustain barely spending any resources on said sustain

"Oh cool, welp, time to get on my soulbeast too".

“Theoretically” classes with low hp pools deal more damage so can live with less damage stats. Also, “theoretically” classes with low hp pools have other tools to avoid or counter damage.

The problem now is that there is no correlation whatsoever between damage and hp pool and sustainability and hp pool. Hp pool is just a legacy system that never got updated and does not make any fucking sense in the game’s current iteration.

@Fortus.6175 said:

Daily dilemna of an ele:

"
NEED
vit in build baseline, yes or yes, cool. Heals have low base values and only worth their dime with some healing power, cool, lets see, how many amulets we have left.... hmm. Ok but where do I get my toughness now? Guess runes.... good at least now I have the same baseline survavility of almost all classes not name revs, lets see, where can I put the damag....oh, yah, well guess I either give up sustain or damage, well that is actually fair"

I can relate to this on a spiritual level.Also, chosing traitlines:

"Some boon would be nice, like swiftness or protection (to not get one shot by literally everything). You know, since I dont have any of those things on my weapon skills. Condi cleanse would also be great. Wouldn't want to be scourge or mirage food, haha exsdee. Hmm....How will I be doing damage then?! Ah its fine, guess I will just ACTIVELY have to mighstack, so I can actually kill things."

Meanwhile Revenants, Soulbeasts, Holos, Spellbreakers poop devensive boons / mighstack as a byproduct.

@incisorr.9502 said:demolisher amulet isnt the problem

the problem is that arena net nerfed condition out of the game and you can't counter demolisher as easily because arena net just destroyed every condi spec except scourge which they clearly hold dear

Conditions are strong against tanky builds cause the ramp up time does not matter too much and the damage over time is higher. If you have a glassy meta conditions should have almost no place yes.

Archived