Possible request of anybody else that uses the Hammer Of Wisdom

RUNICBLACK.7630

I just noticed an error with how HoW is supposed be working, it is supposed to be tartgeting 3 targets per the Sept 22 2017 balance patch , which it says it does when you look at the skill text before you select it but once you place it in your skill bar it now says it only targets one target. I've sent it a bug report both in game and via this forum, everbody knows the Hammers targeting is pretty bad even worse than the Sword of Justice and we have asked for Ground targeting at different times but I was wondering has anybody actually seen in their Combat log or ARCDps any instances where you've seen that it has hit more than one target. If you have or you haven't please that them know through a bug report, yes I know the Spirit Weapons aren't most players go to skill but if this a bug it still should be looked atNote: I checked the skill facts in PvP, WvW, and PvE and in all of them it was the same : it show 3 targets before you selected it but only one target after it was selected and in the skill bar.

The number of target is based on what mode (PVE, PVP, WVW) your playing, in PVE its 3 targets but in PvP and WvW it's 1. I use HoW in my FB condi build since it acts as a knockdown and a blast finisher for when I use Chapter 4 from Tome of Justice. Sword of Justice also works nicely for stacking burns but sadly its not a combo blast: whirl which really sucks. >:D Imagine the burn stacks from Quickfire + combo blast: whirl, I would say that is about 8 stacks of burning. The developers probably thought it would be to OP, crafty people they are. Muhahahaha!

Actually I checked it all of the game modes (PvE, PvP, and WvW) and the results are the same in that the skill text for the number of targets reads as 3 when you are hovering over it but before you select it and place it in your skill bar but after you place it in your skill it now only reads as 1. I checked it in the PvP lobby against the squad of golems standing in ranks and it appears to be hitting and damaging three so the skill text error just seems to be an informational or data error a in no ways impacts on its actual function(baring the fact that it's ability to actually hit is rather poor).

And the balance patch that this was introduced in Sept 22 2017 didn't put it as skill split it functions the same way in all game modes. Nor has there been any change for game modes since the only real issue is it poor ability to actually hit , which could be vastly improved with ground targeting(which has been requested multiple people)

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Summon

Whenever I see this list i get the feeling "but some of these are not like the others". Its so sad because spirit weapons are such an interesting concept. Its funny to see them in the same category as illusions, banners or spirits because those all play such an important role within their respective professions. On the other side guardians spirit weapons feel like a complete let down while the most used one (Sword) is used only because there really isn't anything else to use.

Imo, the biggest problem with spirit weapons is that they have a cast time that makes multiple charges hard to use. I would also agree with area targeting. Beyond that, its just numbers to make them useful. Admittedly, the trait for spirit weapons also needs a big revamp, considering it doesn't trigger on half of them and none of the spirit weapons are condi.

If you removed the cast time and added AoE targeting to the hammer, i would use that in pvp (well, i would have until they nerfed guard into the ground). I used to run hammer+sword/shield with spirit hammer for ~6 ccs in rapid succession. Most classes have 3-5 stab/stun breaks. If you start ccing them, your cds start recharging often before their stab. Great for side points, but the combo of the meta shifting to scrappers and the hammer guard nerfs 2 patches in a row killed that build.

• 2 weeks later...

Use the sword, works like a trap at range aplies lots of vulnerability some fire when traites and does decent damage, hammer needs more faster casting imo.Hammer still using the old tool tip.

I actually use sw sword on wvw ... when target laughts thinking skill won’t do any damage xd...

It is particulrly useful when you also have Eternal Armory up for the extra burning damage. As a side note faster casting would be helpful but just giving the hammer ground targeting would probably be all you need, and I still think each of the Spirit Weapons should gain a unique ability from Eternal Armory (leave the burning on the Sword but all the rest should have something else that complements what they do) I posted a idea on this before if you are interested .

Archived