Link cosplay request

Not sure if this is the correct place for it but, I’m searching for a full outfit of link from the Legend of Zelda.

Most any game version will do but I hear the iconic green hood isn’t easy to replicate. I’m a big fan of the botw hero outfit as well as the barbarian and fierce diety outfits. I also use Bow primarily if that helps.

Hope someone can help out there thank you

I don't much about cosplay, but there is a some advice I can give.

If you go into the bank tab, there's a wardrobe section. There, you can preview what each piece of equipment looks like just by clicking on it. It may take some time, but you can systematically check every single head piece in the game to see what you need.

Same goes for... every other piece of armor in the game.

Light armour is almost certainly your best bet, and you'll probably want the top and bottom to be from the same set because then the bit most people call a skirt or "butt cape" actually looks like a belted tunic (which I'm fairly certain is Anet's intention). The problem is that a lot of GW2's armour styles tend to be quite ornate and Link's clothes are normally fairly plain. At a quick glance the Student, Country or Magician set might be a good choice for the top and leggings and boots (although I can't check dye channels since I'm at work right now).

The hood is going to be tricky however. There are several light armour hoods available but most of them sit further forward and cover more of the characters head than Link's typically does (I do sometimes wonder how his doesn't fall off...except in The Minish Cap of course where it was holding on). The Winged hood is roughly the right shape but covers the characters whole head. But maybe if you look through the wardrobe and play around with dyes you can find something which fits.

@"Brendan.1309" said:Not sure if this is the correct place for it but, I’m searching for a full outfit of link from the Legend of Zelda.

Most any game version will do but I hear the iconic green hood isn’t easy to replicate. I’m a big fan of the botw hero outfit as well as the barbarian and fierce diety outfits. I also use Bow primarily if that helps.

http://orig03.deviantart.net/6e3a/f/2013/110/e/1/the_evolution_of_link__gw2_sab__by_vampiro_alhazred-d62fxfz.png

Found this guy, anything you can use from there?

Head armor: Anonymity Hood.Chest armor: Seraph-Issue Jacket.Hand armor: Scout's Gloves.Leg armor: Noble Pants.Foot armor: Noble Boots.

@Dondarrion.2748 said:

@"Brendan.1309" said:Not sure if this is the correct place for it but, I’m searching for a full outfit of link from the Legend of Zelda.

Found this guy, anything you can use from there?

Head armor: Anonymity Hood.Chest armor: Seraph-Issue Jacket.Hand armor: Scout's Gloves.Leg armor: Noble Pants.Foot armor: Noble Boots.

Oh, I completely forgot about that top! (Which is bad because my ranger used to wear it a lot.) Ok, so that opens up medium armour as an option too.

I mostly played the SNES game and the GBC version of Link's Awakening. Had the same idea a couple of months ago and went for this:

Zelda I S The GirlcnzFNfQ.jpg

Class: Engineer (Holosmith)

Gear:Festive HatNo ShouldersDuelist CoatProwler GlovesBuccaneer LeggingsProwler Boots

Super Sword + Super Shield (retro look)ORFractal Sword + Krytan Shield

Why Holosmith? Again I am used to the old games, and there Link always carried a massive inventory around with plenty of weapons (= Engineer). Most famous were the Bombs (Bomb-Kit), Power Glove, Bow, Hook-Shot (Rocket Boots or Personal Battering Ram), Pegasus Boots (Rocket Boots, Elixir B, Throw Elixir U), Invisibility Cloak (Throw Elixir S), Torch/Fire Scepter (Flamethrower ^^), Elemental Medalions (Holosmith Laserdisk, Bombkit anything but Autoattack, Elixir X), Magic Powder (Throw Elixir X). In addition we have the Photon Forge with Crystal Configuration Storm which turns the Autoattack into a flash-like projectile, similar to the Mastersword when on full health. There are a couple of things which do NOT work with the Engineer, like the Bow :(. For the power gauntlet, I just said "the photon forge enhances Links strength."

This was mostly bodged together in a few minutes. I just had enough gems for the festive hat, then got the idea for the character and ... 10 minutes later this thing was created. The name is horrible, but sort of suits.

@Dondarrion.2748 said:Must admit I saw the Link cosplay and first thought of the BotW look, so I had a stab at that first, albeit a female ranger (so, again medium armor)... Then I saw you meant the original green hooded Link.

https://imgur.com/tJoHDce

@Dondarrion.2748 I didn't mean necessarily just green hooded link, I mentioned BOTW link, as well as the barbarian gear iteration and even Fierce diety.Can you tell me what gear you used there?

@Dondarrion.2748 I didn't mean necessarily just green hooded link, I mentioned BOTW link, as well as the barbarian gear iteration and even Fierce diety.Can you tell me what gear you used there?

@Brendan.1309Chest: Duelist CoatGloves: Ascalonian Sentry Gloves (but really, doesn't matter much because the duelist coat covers most of the glove types)Legs: Noble PantsFeet: Seeker BootsHead/Shoulders: whatever, I've hidden them because I rather wanted the hair with strands on either side of the face, kind of like Link... or at least try for the same look ;)

Here's the rub: Which Link?I threw together a nice outfit for the Hero of Twilight's Magic Armor. Try:Tempered Scale Helm (or Festive Hat), Draconic Chest, Heavy Dragonscale Epaulets, Scale Gauntlets, Dark Templar Leggings, and Banded Greaves. Main colors: Heirloom and Illumination (or Burnished Gold)

Also his Farm Hand costume. Try:(Helm Hidden), Seer Shoulders (or Hidden), Conjurer Chest, Embroidered Pants, Winged Gloves, Embroidered Sandals (or Tribal Walkers). Main colors: Moss, Refresh, and Blue Shade

Archived