Dear anet,

MidnightX.6294

Dear Arenanet Team, as a WvW-Veteran from the beginning of the game, I appreciate the rework of the warrior Wind of Disenchantment for the THIRD time already. BUT at the same time I'm writing you, because THIS feels like you left behind Mesmers for far to long – to be exact... for 6 years now!

The Mesmer Glamour abilities, which play a big part in WvW and can turn a match around, need some Quality of Life improvements. I only play mesmer in WvW , for almost 6 years now: I see people running confused through veils, guessing if its the asked invisibility-veil or just another speed-field. Portals on the ground do scatter Zerg-formations, because people can't tell the difference if the Portal is from an allied Mesmers or a potential threat set by the enemies. and I feel like glamour skills are in dire need of useful traitlines.

Time passes and you took away more and more Glamour traits (glamour causing confusion, blind, reducing glamour's recharge time etc.). With the forelast balance-patch you even took away the very last of the glamour traits, that was at least a tiny little bit usefull (Temporal Enchanter with resistance and superspeed). And now... the only trait that causes a glamour to occur atm is Medic's Feedback, which turned out to be completely useless ! Since the Warclaw-release downed people getting destroyed, before anyone can even reach them to ress.

Hiding in a Keep is already a pretty hard job, with having enough escape, stealth and while Npc guards never ever losing agro while you standing nearby, its almost impossible to switch an utility skills to equip portal while staying hidden.Nullfield and Feedback needing some updates too. None of them are even nearly as good as Warrior's Winds of disenchantment nor as longlasting as Guard's many Bubbles.

I dont want to be a forced into a super-murderous-shatter-mirage with thousands of clones!!!! I just want to support my Team in mesmer's way: To dome-stealth-ress the downed players, to put veils at the exact time for a surprise-attack, to put stealthed portalbombs into the enemie, to put my nullfields and timewarps in the zergs to make a change or to help my Team get into a keep by the oldschool-portal-way. I play supportative core-skills and traits. (Glamour-Ress with some stealth)

Was this intended? Tell me how much longer do i have to wait till i can actually play my role like it should function in my zerg. I waited so long, to get the glamour trait back... any trait. I've waited and hoped for something new or even something old... anything to be put in traits. But with the latest balance patch I'm feeling so left alone and not cared for my wvw-role at all.

@MidnightX.6294 said:I see people running confused through veils, guessing if its the asked invisibility-veil or just another speed-field. Portals on the ground do scatter Zerg-formations, because people can't tell the difference if the Portal is from an allied Mesmers or a potential threat set by the enemies. and I feel like glamour skills are in dire need of useful traitlines.

Nullfield and Feedback needing some updates too. None of them are even nearly as good as Warrior's Winds of disenchantment nor as longlasting as Guard's many Bubbles.

I dont want to be a forced into a super-murderous-shatter-mirage with thousands of clones!!!! I just want to support my Team in mesmer's way: To dome-stealth-ress the downed players, to put veils at the exact time for a surprise-attack, to put stealthed portalbombs into the enemie, to put my nullfields and timewarps in the zergs to make a change or to help my Team get into a keep by the oldschool-portal-way. I play supportative core-skills and traits. (Glamour-Ress with some stealth)Some great points there. I would add a range indicator to portals for mesmers to be able to clearly tell how far one can go to cast a portal, even though I understand this may potentially be OP, but it's something every other ability has, so why not.

Was this intended? Tell me how much longer do i have to wait till i can actually play my role like it should function in my zerg. I waited so long, to get the glamour trait back... any trait. I've waited and hoped for something new or even something old... anything to be put in traits. But with the latest balance patch I'm feeling so left alone and not cared for my wvw-role at all.I think staying in ignore mode for such a long time it's safe to assume all was intended, or it's just another showcase of how disconnected they are from their own game.

I feel like the focus is far too heavy on monetisation above everything else, which most games suffer from these days. The quality of content has been declining for some time with the arrival of HoT. There are some instances of the game which should never have been introduced, like PvE raids. Mounts, gliding, and the re-introduction of the holy trinity are against the original philosophy.

They decided to go with everything they promised this game would not become in order to monetise. What can be expected from such an approach?

@Inoki.6048 said:

@"MidnightX.6294" said:I see people running confused through veils, guessing if its the asked invisibility-veil or just another speed-field. Portals on the ground do scatter Zerg-formations, because people can't tell the difference if the Portal is from an allied Mesmers or a potential threat set by the enemies. and I feel like glamour skills are in dire need of useful traitlines.

Nullfield and Feedback needing some updates too. None of them are even nearly as good as Warrior's Winds of disenchantment nor as longlasting as Guard's many Bubbles.

I dont want to be a forced into a super-murderous-shatter-mirage with thousands of clones!!!! I just want to support my Team in mesmer's way: To dome-stealth-ress the downed players, to put veils at the exact time for a surprise-attack, to put stealthed portalbombs into the enemie, to put my nullfields and timewarps in the zergs to make a change or to help my Team get into a keep by the oldschool-portal-way. I play supportative core-skills and traits. (Glamour-Ress with some stealth)Some great points there. I would add a range indicator to portals for mesmers to be able to clearly tell how far one can go to cast a portal, even though I understand this may potentially be OP, but it's something every other ability has, so why not.

Was this intended? Tell me how much longer do i have to wait till i can actually play my role like it should function in my zerg. I waited so long, to get the glamour trait back... any trait. I've waited and hoped for something new or even something old... anything to be put in traits. But with the latest balance patch I'm feeling so left alone and not cared for my wvw-role at all.I think staying in ignore mode for such a long time it's safe to assume all was intended, or it's just another showcase of how disconnected they are from their own game.

I feel like the focus is far too heavy on monetisation above everything else, which most games suffer from these days. The quality of content has been declining for some time with the arrival of HoT. There are some instances of the game which should never have been introduced, like PvE raids. Mounts, gliding, and the re-introduction of the holy trinity are against the original philosophy.

They decided to go with everything they promised this game would not become in order to monetise. What can be expected from such an approach?

If only they had some kind of Design Bible, or Guidelines, on what they would do to keep this game great.... some kind of Desgin Rules Document... like, maybe, a Manifesto or something...

While some differentiation between enemy and friendly is needed, let’s hope they don’t go the way of the Disco lights of scourge.

For veil and speed, I guess I’ve always know that if it’s during a push, the field is a veil. If we are moving from Obj to Obj, or chasing down another group, it’s likely to be focus speed..

Portals.., now I would love to be able to tell the difference but part of the excitement of a random portal opening up is just that... it’s random and it creates a little bit of panick and heightened awareness!

Archived