We have 4 guildees that wish to run with us on FC but we are a full server

slashlizardy.9167

We have 4 guildees that can listen to us play WvW on discord but cannot join in the fun because we are a full server now. For the past year or more we have been linked to other servers and we were chosen recently as a host server, due to this we have made a majority of connections all across the other servers, so when we became a host server we had alot of guilds transfer to Fergusons Crossing. In addition we were given as our first link, Eradon Terrace that got bloated due to the recent link with Blackgate. Since all that happened our hosting has filled much quicker than even I thought possible. Is there any option for them besides waiting out the ET link in order to transfer to FC?

@slashlizardy.9167 said:Yes I am asking because I don't live on the forums so I am unaware there are other threads. At my suggestion, they have contacted customer support at anet requesting a server change, which has been denied to them.

Well, a server change isn’t denied to them. The transfer to a full server is denied to them. Like it is to every other player.

You, they and your guild have some options:

• Move onto the link
  • Wait for the server to open again
  • The whole guild moves to an open server.
  • Or leave this as they are.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:Don't worry after you get t1 night capped so hard you wake up with 30 ppt every day a certain guild will transfer once again opening about 18 slots.

I've never understood this mentality with these guilds (it's not just 1 doing it). They all stack to one server, move up to T1, then get obliterated because a certain server has far superior numbers. They transfer off, implode the server, move to a new server, move back up to T1 then get crushed again. What's the definition of insanity again? Doing the same thing over and over hoping to get different results? This will never change until that server loses their link. When they do you'll find many of these players will likely over-bloat a server or 2 (which happened before), destroy every other server they encounter.

I wonder if it ever occurred to any of these guilds or players to actually try something different.. like I dunno.. staying put for a change. These guilds might get better results if their commanders decided to command more away from their guild and command pugs more through different hours of the day. One can say a guild is strong, but if they log on for only a 2-3hr period and are relegated to holding SMC for 2-3 hrs while flipping paper towers, they aren't actually helping at all. We see this when all these guilds continually hop servers; however, half the time they aren't successful at even flipping anything, because as expected, the other server has a larger group of pugs.

It is good to see the increasing numbers of displease towards bandwagoners, I mean it.I remember the old days when only a few of us speak up against bandwagoners, we then get stoned left and right by both the bandwagoners and the people who don't understand the negative impact of it.I hope they keep bandwagon more often so more people will realize the negativity it brings to the wvw as a whole.

@"SkyShroud.2865" said:It is good to see the increasing numbers of displease towards bandwagoners, I mean it.I remember the old days when only a few of us speak up against bandwagoners, we then get stoned left and right by both the bandwagoners and the people who don't understand the negative impact of it.I hope they keep bandwagon more often so more people will realize the negativity it brings to the wvw as a whole.

It's not the bandwagon-ing that bothers me so much, as the hypocrisy surrounding it. Moving to get fights is all well and good, until a large number of "fights" guilds congregate on the same server. Stacking a link is fine, but let's not delude ourselves into thinking it is anything other than buying meaningless wins.

@Kaiser.9873 said:

@"SkyShroud.2865" said:It is good to see the increasing numbers of displease towards bandwagoners, I mean it.I remember the old days when only a few of us speak up against bandwagoners, we then get stoned left and right by both the bandwagoners and the people who don't understand the negative impact of it.I hope they keep bandwagon more often so more people will realize the negativity it brings to the wvw as a whole.

It's not the bandwagon-ing that bothers me so much, as the hypocrisy surrounding it. Moving to get fights is all well and good, until a large number of "fights" guilds congregate on the same server. Stacking a link is fine, but let's not delude ourselves into thinking it is anything other than buying meaningless wins.

No one gonna join their guilds if they tell everybody "we transferring there so we can win".

I notice a interesting trend in some guilds that every time they bandwagon, they will have new or more experienced players in their ranks (platinum, mithril and even diamonds) which on previous server, you will never spot or see as many of such players. I don't think it helps them if they tell everybody "we transfer so we can recruit the experienced players in that server". It will make their guilds look bad and so do their drivers.

Honestly, if they are honest about the reasons they transfer, very honest about it, I don't think anybody can find further faults on any of them. It is exactly because they are not honest, resorting to propaganda, allow us to find faults on them.

Archived