Are all Warclaws clones? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Are all Warclaws clones?

Daniel Handler.4816Daniel Handler.4816 Member ✭✭✭
edited March 15, 2019 in Lore

It's implied Warclaws are treated as treasure instead of npcs for the purpose of leaving fractals as a result of them being bound to items. However, it's unclear whether they meant the armor we bring back is an echo of a single set (a clone) or multiple sets were found and brought to reality.

Comments

  • CETheLucid.3964CETheLucid.3964 Member ✭✭✭

    @Daniel Handler.4816 said:
    It's implied Warclaws are treated as treasure instead of npcs for the purpose of leaving fractals as a result of them being bound to items. However, it's unclear whether they meant the armor we bring back is an echo of a single set (a clone) or multiple sets were found and brought to reality.

    I'd wager it's the later one. There were a great many of them and we just figured it out and/or the mists did some shifty business and it came into existence from a new possible reality.

    There's a bunch of them out there and players are assembling them, and the reason we can take them with us is because they're physical items like the treasure we manage to take with us.

  • Konig Des Todes.2086Konig Des Todes.2086 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Given that 1) we see three warclaw per borderlands map (not sure about EB) in the pens, and 2) the lore of the Warclaw book first tells us that the WvW maps are indeed fractals and reset regularly, with the inhabitants and objects resetting as well, it is thus likely that there are multiple warclaws, but that beyond that set number, the warclaws (such as owned by players) are indeed "clones" of itself in the sense that we took them out, then the fractal reset to have that warclaw's armor in those maps.

  • Aaron Ansari.1604Aaron Ansari.1604 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Don't the books say that the armor specifically doesn't reset like the other contents of WvW?

    R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

  • Aaron Ansari.1604Aaron Ansari.1604 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Aaron Ansari.1604 said:
    Don't the books say that the armor specifically doesn't reset like the other contents of WvW?

    EDIT: Reading back through, it's implied but not stated.The bits about 'we have long believed' and 'subjects of the fractal cannot be removed' do seem to suggest that the Priory considers the warclaw to break these rules or, at least, call them into question.

    R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

  • @Konig Des Todes.2086 said:
    Given that 1) we see three warclaw per borderlands map (not sure about EB) in the pens, and 2) the lore of the Warclaw book first tells us that the WvW maps are indeed fractals and reset regularly, with the inhabitants and objects resetting as well, it is thus likely that there are multiple warclaws, but that beyond that set number, the warclaws (such as owned by players) are indeed "clones" of itself in the sense that we took them out, then the fractal reset to have that warclaw's armor in those maps.

    Do you think we could do a similar loophole with Exalted and make an army?

  • Konig Des Todes.2086Konig Des Todes.2086 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Daniel Handler.4816 said:
    Do you think we could do a similar loophole with Exalted and make an army?

    Probably not for two reasons.

    1) You'd need to have them be created by the Mists. Since Tyrians cannot control what the Mists makes, that's a pure matter of chance there.
    2) It's likely the only reason why Warclaws can be taken out of the Mists is because when not put together they exist only as armor; when as one and the spirit manifests, they probably cannot leave the Mists and normal fractal rules would apply. With exalted, you cannot dissipate them by dismantling the armor.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.