winds of disenchantment cd too long

Stand The Wall.6987

@Blocki.4931 said:I've yet to encounter a situation where it wasn't up when I needed it. I think it's okay.

? I hope you're not talking about PvE. In WvW its really quite a long cooldown especially for the short duration. It's a long cooldown considering you need to base utilities around it for effective usage, and honestly it should be 60 seconds.

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:I've yet to encounter a situation where it wasn't up when I needed it. I think it's okay.

? I hope you're not talking about PvE. In WvW its really quite a long cooldown especially for the short duration. It's a long cooldown considering you need to base utilities around it for effective usage, and honestly it should be 60 seconds.

Nah, I'm talking WvW. I don't run trash like Spellbreaker in open world. And Idk, I use it in the first minute of a fight usually so before the enemy can return or we can run back another minute will have passed so the cooldown is about to be over again. It's not too long unless you're sitting in SMC 24/7.

After playing spellbreaker more in WvW in the past few days, the new WoD is actually pretty good in more organized groups (groups with good-(edit: broken) support specs).The cooldown is not that bad as I thought, but as the skill can be easily interrupted by just boon corruption, slightly lower CD would be welcome. The change was healthy for the game and now to balance other broken skills of other specs this way would be nice :)Shame that the skill is now completely useless in PvE though :(

@cryorion.9532 said:After playing spellbreaker more in WvW in the past few days, the new WoD is actually pretty good in more organized groups (groups with good suport specs).The cooldown is not that bad as I thought, but as the skill can be easily interrupted by just boon corruption, slightly lower CD would be welcome. The change was healthy for the game and now to balance other broken skills of other specs this way would be nice :)Shame that the skill is now completely useless in PvE though :(

useless in PvP too, basicly removing 1/5th your party's power due to channeling

@Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485 said:

@cryorion.9532 said:After playing spellbreaker more in WvW in the past few days, the new WoD is actually pretty good in more organized groups (groups with good suport specs).The cooldown is not that bad as I thought, but as the skill can be easily interrupted by just boon corruption, slightly lower CD would be welcome. The change was healthy for the game and now to balance other broken skills of other specs this way would be nice :)Shame that the skill is now completely useless in PvE though :(

It's basically not even worth it in WvW too. For the most part, people die too easily and it's not worth it - most zergs aren't strong enough to warrant using bubble, because strong damage would break them just as fine. Actually my friend who recently started playing Spellbreaker said he cancels his bubble early because the enemies are dead with the push anyways.

Honestly it's probably mostly useful for GvG now, where people are going heavy bunker and the stripping is going to be needed to break them. Pretty much only worth it for GvG now. Thanks Anet.

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

@"cryorion.9532" said:After playing spellbreaker more in WvW in the past few days, the new WoD is actually pretty good in more organized groups (groups with good suport specs).The cooldown is not that bad as I thought, but as the skill can be easily interrupted by just boon corruption, slightly lower CD would be welcome. The change was healthy for the game and now to balance other broken skills of other specs this way would be nice :)Shame that the skill is now completely useless in PvE though :(

It's basically not even worth it in WvW too. For the most part, people die too easily and it's not worth it - most zergs aren't strong enough to warrant using bubble, because strong damage would break them just as fine. Actually my friend who recently started playing Spellbreaker said he cancels his bubble early because the enemies are dead with the push anyways.

Honestly it's probably mostly useful for GvG now, where people are going heavy bunker and the stripping is going to be needed to break them. Pretty much only worth it for GvG now. Thanks Anet.

I agree, the bubble is completely shut down if used in groups that have less support specs and boon spam, so it is now very situational skill to use (I can only think of organized mass fights where the bubble is useful now). On the other hand, I find it much more rewarding when used properly now. It feels good to see own bubble up and enemies dying all around thanks to your boon removals, which players/zergs rely on nowadays. I have to admit that previously, it was just too easy to place the bubble and get away with it (now you literally get away with it haHAA).For PvE, Anet could somehow make the bubble useful by reducing cooldown A LOT and lower channel duration to balance it out, so you can remove boons fast when needed without having "big" dps downtime. Something like 3 seconds channeling and 30-40 seconds CD, or something similar.

Archived