Elementalist Sucks — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Elementalist Sucks

I wish it didn't because it'd be a nice change of pace from engineer. Too many bad and "meh" abilities.

Make conjures like kits, then it won't suck so much.

Comments

• Zexanima.7851Zexanima.7851 Member ✭✭✭

@Ruufio.1496 said:
    I wish it didn't because it'd be a nice change of pace from engineer. Too many bad and "meh" abilities.

Make conjures like kits, then it won't suck so much.

I just started really learning elementalist and I have to say I feel like it's the other way around. With most ele abilites I feel like I have something useful I can do with it as where engi it feels like a lot of my abillites are just useless junk

• Auburner.6945Auburner.6945 Member ✭✭✭

On elememtalist; your weapon skills are more useful than utilities. For engineer, it's mostly the other way round.

Conjures can't be like kits because the damage by then will get demolished and with such high cooldowns, conjures would be literally useless given that the other skills on the conjures are quite trash and all of them have channeling.

What makes the too many abilities somehow useless are the trait lines, they are non-universal and you're locked into the attunements that you specialized in because that's where all the benefits exist. This makes ele with such high cooldowns that were introduced with 4 attunements (more skills, more cds, less damage per skill) feel so underwhelming from how it was supposed to have all things present and the ability to change themselves mid-combat, to camping 2 attunements because the trait lines are awful.

Elementalist is weak because its kit (4 attunements) cannot be used to its full-est as 2 attunements, sometimes 1, are only useful per build. You can compare it to making trait lines, each designated to a weapon, and such trait lines exist on other classes.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.