Carrion stats any good for condi thief in PvP?

Taylan.2187

I like my thief, though i'm still not completely sure what build to run. I use it mostly for PvP (both sPvP and WvW) and I think I'll settle for condi. (Feel free to change my mind.)

For now it's a condi Daredevil (might switch to Deadeye at one point) and I've been using pure d/d, though I think I'll switch to d/p and bow now. I've been using traps and trickery for a while because I like the troll factor.

I've mostly been using Carrion stats, meaning Power, Condi, and Vitality. I think less Vitality would make me too squishy, but I wonder if I'm missing out on Precision? Should I keep going with Carrion, or would you recommend another stat set?

I have to decide especially because I'm starting to gear up Ascended and don't have the resources to keep buying new stuff for different stats.

@Taylan.2187 said:

For now it's a condi Daredevil (might switch to Deadeye at one point) and I've been using pure d/d, though I think I'll switch to d/p and bow now. I've been using traps and trickery for a while because I like the troll factor.

The problem with Carrion is the extra Vitality you get from it does nothing against crits, which is all over the place these days. Unless you have a teammate that will apply Protection on you 100% of the time, you're not going to last against glass cannons. This is why Trailblazer is the popular and safest bet, but it wouldn't be hybrid.

Trapper Rune lost it's value when they changed how Meld with Shadows works. I used to troll with a P/P trapper hybrid, but that build no longer works.

Archived