Crafting legendary weapon, quest required?

Zeeck.9025

@"Zeeck.9025" said:Oh, of course! I mean for the gen 1 weapons. :)

All you have to do then is pray to the RNG for a drop or purchase it. There are no quests associated with the Gen 1 Legendary. Your grind is going to be for the Dungeon tokens required for the particular one you are crafting and whatever associated mats that are required to craft the Gifts.

This link should help. https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/legendaries.

Edit: You're going to have to do WvW for the Gift of Battle. There is a reward track for it that you have to complete.

To answer the question:

For Tier 1 legendary weapons, there is no difference in the resulting precursor from either the collection, mystic forge gambling or buying it off the trading post. As such it is possible to gained Tier 1 weapon precursors via following means:

• completing the legendary weapon collection (this is unique and only 1nce doable per account!, the resulting precursor is sell-able)
  • gambling rare or exotic items in the mystic forge in hopes of acquiring the precursor
  • buying the precursor off the trading post

This does not work for Tier 2 legendary weapons where you have to gain the precursor via the legendary weapon crafting.

@Loosmaster.8263 said:All you have to do then is pray to the RNG for a drop or purchase it. There are no quests associated with the Gen 1 Legendary.If we want to be technical, no Legendary has a quest, only the Precursors (and for gen 2 a subcomponent for the legendary-specific Gift). All gen 1 precursors have collections. In fact, of 23 sets of weapon collections, only 4 are for gen 2.

Of course, the gen 1 collections aren't mandatory, as opposed to for Astralaria, Nevermore, H.O.P.E. and Chuka & Champawat.

@"Cyninja.2954" said:For Tier 1 legendary weapons, there is no difference in the resulting precursor from either the collection, mystic forge gambling or buying it off the trading post. As such it is possible to gained Tier 1 weapon precursors via following means:

• completing the legendary weapon collection (this is unique and only 1nce doable per account!, the resulting precursor is sell-able)
  • gambling rare or exotic items in the mystic forge in hopes of acquiring the precursor

You omitted "be blessed by the Mistress of Pain(1) when She grants you a precursor in a random 'can drop an exotic weapon' rare chance." That's how I got Howl, the precursor for Howler.

(1) Some misguided people call Her "RNGesus" or "the gods of RNG". That is blasphemy.

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

@"Cyninja.2954" said:For Tier 1 legendary weapons, there is no difference in the resulting precursor from either the collection, mystic forge gambling or buying it off the trading post. As such it is possible to gained Tier 1 weapon precursors via following means:

You omitted "be blessed by the Mistress of Pain(1) when She grants you a precursor in a random 'can drop an exotic weapon' rare chance." That's how I got Howl, the precursor for Howler.

(1) Some misguided people call Her "RNGesus" or "the gods of RNG". That is blasphemy.

True, my bad.

I'm in a similar boat, looking at making my first legendary. If you have the precursor, I assume the collection remains incomplete? And if so, is there anything to cue you as to what to do next? I'm not sure how to proceed once I've bought the precursor. Do you just assemble parts?The reason I ask is that for mine, there are drops that come from certain mobs that I guess are needed to complete it. But as far as I can tell, they don't drop those items unless you are somehow 'on track' to make the legendary. At least, I've never seen any of them drop in years of playing. Do I need to start the collection even if I have the precursor?

@Biff.5312 said:I'm in a similar boat, looking at making my first legendary. If you have the precursor, I assume the collection remains incomplete? And if so, is there anything to cue you as to what to do next? I'm not sure how to proceed once I've bought the precursor. Do you just assemble parts?The reason I ask is that for mine, there are drops that come from certain mobs that I guess are needed to complete it. But as far as I can tell, they don't drop those items unless you are somehow 'on track' to make the legendary. At least, I've never seen any of them drop in years of playing. Do I need to start the collection even if I have the precursor?

For the tradeable legendaries, the collections are only to make the precursor. If you have the precursor (drop, MF, TP) you can completely ignore the collections.The next step then is assembling parts - best guide is the Wiki.

Archived