[Suggestion] Stop Golems from contesting points.

Caedmon.6798

It's getting kinda ridiculous atm with the amount of golems being build on camps where theres 2 or 3 defending all jumping in golems while asking for backup.You wont kill 3 golems in the time people arrive.And even if you kill all npc's there first you wont flip the camp fast enough because...3 golems.Now we have mounts so backup will be there even faster as before.

Just stop golems from contesting points.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No. This is a defense mechanism. And mounts are one also. If you are solo, or with a small group, you have a couple choices: kill them before they get in, bring more people or cap faster.

If they did this, you would have to remove mounts being able to count towards the circle as well both in defense and capping.

This has been a thing for 7 years. People are just getting smart to thebtactic.

@"Strider Pj.2193" said:No. This is a defense mechanism. And mounts are one also. If you are solo, or with a small group, you have a couple choices: kill them before they get in, bring more people or cap faster.

If they did this, you would have to remove mounts being able to count towards the circle as well both in defense and capping.

Ive been playing this game long enough .The thing is that it happens way more frequent as before.If you want to defend something,you defend it with people not with some dumb mechanic because youre too bad to hold the camp for yourself while asking 30 more people to help come fight off the 3 trying to get a camp.Theres no reason to keep this in place as it currently works besides if youre the one abusing it. If you would have read,i stated that there are 2 - 3 golems alot of the time so you saying "cap faster" just makes me realize u have no clue what youre even talking about.Since i even stated ,

"You wont kill 3 golems in the time people arrive.""And even if you kill all npc's there first you wont flip the camp fast enough because...3 golems."

And here you are replying with , "cap the camp faster".

Besides a mount doesnt have over 100kHp,thats a non argument.If i would have had issues with mounts contesting a point i'd say so,but i don't. This is strictly about golems contesting points.You can't compare the two.

@Caedmon.6798 said:

@"Strider Pj.2193" said:No. This is a defense mechanism. And mounts are one also. If you are solo, or with a small group, you have a couple choices: kill them before they get in, bring more people or cap faster.

Ive been playing this game long enough .The thing is that it happens way more frequent as before.If you want to defend something,you defend it with people not with some dumb mechanic because youre too bad to hold the camp for yourself while asking 30 more people to help come fight off the 3 trying to get a camp.Theres no reason to keep this in place as it currently works besides if youre the one abusing it. If you would have read,i stated that there are 2 - 3 golems alot of the time so you saying "cap faster" just makes me realize u have no clue what youre even talking about.Since i even stated ,

"You wont kill 3 golems in the time people arrive.""And even if you kill all npc's there first you wont flip the camp fast enough because...3 golems."

Besides a mount doesnt have over 100kHp,thats a non argument.If i would have had issues with mounts contesting a point i'd say so,but i don't. This is strictly about golems contesting points.You can't compare the two.

So....you don't like the fact there is a defensive strat? Interesting

@Caedmon.6798 said:

But whether the mount has 11,000 hp or 100,000 it doesn’t matter. The speed and the dodges will provide the same advantage. I guess you haven’t seen a couple guys in mounts contest some of the larger circles? Just 3 on a mount would be able to stall a Zerg for quite some time...

It’s the same problem, with different solutions.

Oh, inb4 I am called a person who defends that camp with a golem, I, like you as normally running deep into to the enemy’s territory to try to cap their T-2 and 3 camps and towers so...

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:No. This is a defense mechanism. And mounts are one also. If you are solo, or with a small group, you have a couple choices: kill them before they get in, bring more people or cap faster.

But whether the mount has 11,000 hp or 100,000 it doesn’t matter. The speed and the dodges will provide the same advantage. I guess you haven’t seen a couple guys in mounts contest some of the larger circles? Just 3 on a mount would be able to stall a Zerg for quite some time...

It’s the same problem, with different solutions.

Oh, inb4 I am called a person who defends that camp with a golem, I, like you as normally running deep into to the enemy’s territory to try to cap their T-2 and 3 camps and towers so...

They dont provide the same advantage,there is no issue with people on mounts contesting.You claiming theres no difference between 100k hp with added stats bonuses ontop of it and a mount with only 10k hp just doesnt make sense .Mounts die fast enough if they contest in a small area where youre able to range pew them down and force them to dismount.Thats not the same as golems contesting a point.Seeing this as a "defensive" strat is just as ridiculous.Stopping golems from contesting wont take away the fact that you will still be able to use them if you wish so,but the contesting aspect just needs to go especially now we have mounts and people are able to react faster.

Another thing you can do if someone is defending the camp and they haven't gone in the golem yet, is disable it before they get in. This is tougher for solo roamers, but if you have a small party 3-5, two can focus the CC on the defender while the other gets the disabler. Not ideal, but doable.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:On a small point, I can agree. But the majority of points, are quite large. Strategically it is no different.

Im talking more so about camps than towers in general though.

@Drastic, Usually they jump in the golems before i even reach the camp,i can disable them while fighting and im already doing so,but they can still just sit inside with a 100k hp buffer while more coming on the way.

Maybe it's a good idea to when disabling golems add an effect so the player inside will be put outside of the golem unable to man it untill the timer is over.

@Caedmon.6798 said:It's getting kinda ridiculous atm with the amount of golems being build on camps where theres 2 or 3 defending all jumping in golems while asking for backup.You wont kill 3 golems in the time people arrive.And even if you kill all npc's there first you wont flip the camp fast enough because...3 golems.Now we have mounts so backup will be there even faster as before.

Try to disable the golems before you engage (you cant enter a disabled golem). It's all i can think of to 'balance' this shit out.

Numbers are superior in wvwPopulation imbalance is real

@Caedmon.6798 said:It's getting kinda ridiculous atm with the amount of golems being build on camps where theres 2 or 3 defending all jumping in golems while asking for backup.You wont kill 3 golems in the time people arrive.And even if you kill all npc's there first you wont flip the camp fast enough because...3 golems.Now we have mounts so backup will be there even faster as before.

It is how the game was suppose to be.

If you fight at camps. Enemy won't get to your towers and keep. People just don't realize the importance of camps, yet. Some servers do know it. That's why they flip it the minute the RI is worn out, some servers will make it so hard for an objective to be level up simply by flipping your camps - non stop. Our camps being guarded with golems and balista can and will be flip in seconds when the actual ZERG came. How do you suppose a server without anyone guarding anything is going to survive or level up anything at all if golem aren't allow to be use to guard camps?

I don't think anything need to be done about this. It's not a problem at all.

@L A T I O N.8923 said:

Try to disable the golems before you engage (you cant enter a disabled golem). It's all i can think of to 'balance' this kitten out.

Numbers are superior in wvwPopulation imbalance is real

I already said...I do disable them before hand,which doesnt take away the fact they are contesting.It aint hard to read people.

Im having good fights Without those golems,thats the whole point.They ruin something what Could have been a nice fight.When i run with 2 others and i see 4 sitting on a camp from which 3 in golems. Do i need to explain how much faster people currently react taking away what could have been a fight all because people dont even want to 2 or 3on4 but rely on sitting in golems untill 10 - 20 more people show up while you try to burn through 300k hp+ ?

@"Blockhead Magee.3092" said:I think a change to your strategy would be in order instead of requesting a change in the game mode.

My strategy ? As in going to a camp where 3 people sit inside golems and me moving off again because we wont kill them before a blob arrives ? Ok then.

I dont quite think you understand the issue,unless you think "strategy" is calling for 20 others to help me cap a camp.

Archived