Bug: No Appeal System Implemented for Forum Infractions — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Bug: No Appeal System Implemented for Forum Infractions

There is a bug on the forums in that nobody thought of implementing the forum infraction appeal system and I have to go write an email to appeal moderator actions.

Rationale:
Everyone appeals anyway.
The bug in where this system doesnt exist is problematic in and of itself.

I wish they'd nerf me.

Comments

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm pretty sure sending an email to [email protected] is the method to appeal.
    Just as sending an email/using the web-form to appeal any other action on one's account.

You could probably use the web-form to appeal forum actions, but it would likely just take longer (as they route it to the pertinent team).

Good luck.

• It's not a "bug;" it's part of the design. It's likely part of the Vanilla suite of software and, near as I can tell, Vanilla wants it to take some time to consider an appeal. Essentially it prevents people from appealing for the sake of appealing and adds a minor burden to those with a legitimate gripe.

Everyone appeals anyway.

I doubt very much you can speak for everyone. I know for a fact that some people have received infractions that they (a) disagreed with and (b) would not appeal regardless of the mechanism. Plus, there are plenty of times in which someone gets an infraction and realizes, in retrospect, that they were in the wrong.

So I can't agree that this is a big issue. I can agree that I'd prefer if one could appeal via the forum's interface, but of all the things that I'd like to see changed, this is near the bottom of priorities.

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

Even when it wasn't Vanilla, you still had to send an email. No real change there.

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

Why would there need to be one if they don't accept appeals anyway for minor infractions? Anything else you can contact the email, come on read the message you get.

Smugly chuckling forever.
    My sentence doesn't make sense? Well, I probably forgot to write half of it before posting.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.