Is the Warclaw worth it?

It's limited compared to the other PvE mounts but it's another mount to collected and get skins for if your interested in that element of the game.I personally like it.. been wanting a big cat mount for a while so that alone sold me on it.

Warclaw is a good starting mount for people who have access to it but havent progressed far enough into the game to get the PoF mounts.It saves them rushing ahead to get the Raptor.As a WvW mount it's enjoyable too, I've found myself going back to WvW fairly regularly since Warclaw was released, makes the mode feel a lot less tedious than it used to which has made it more enjoyable to me.

@Game of Bones.8975 said:I have all the basic armor pieces; I just need to unlock the helmet.I recommend you unlock the helmet.

For a person who does little WvW, are the mount capabilities in PvE worth ...The mount capabilities in PvE are not worth a thing, except as a novelty.

I could use those ~126 points in Gliding, Supply Gathering, Sieges Engines, and Damage/Reduction.You still can. Each character has their own allocation of WvW ability points and that can be reset (you even have some free resets available to you).

The reason I think it's worth it for non-WvW types is that if you ever end up wanting to WvW at all (even just for a Gift of Battle), you'll really want the Warclaw. Imagine trying for PvE map completion now without mounts; now double that.

Finishing the reward track this week won't be as easy as the week the new mount launched, but it will be easier than it will be in 5 months. Plus, you can still stick to the trivial dailies and make use of the reward track potions: Big Spender (no PvP requires) and (possibly no pvp): Land Claimer, Caravan Disruptor, Master of Monuments, Veteran Creature, Guard Killer, and World Ranker (if you use 3-12 WvW Supplies bought with g-commendations).

@Condutas.3580 said:No its not.

Totallu useless in pve, if you barely do world vs world, its a waste of time.

This 100%, unless you play WvW its not worth getting at all, in PvE Raptor/Griffin/Roller Beetle all outshine this mount, but its not designed for PvE, but no way Anet could just give WvW players something, as all hell would have broken loose.

Had to miss the first week of Warclaw, so the grind was a little slower for me - though even as an irregular wvw'er I'm glad I've now got the mount.

One issue over time however will be that as the proportion of people in wvw with mounts rises, it becomes harder and harder to keep up with zergs for those on foot. So the sooner folk do this the better.

@Ok I Did It.2854 said:

This 100%, unless you play WvW its not worth getting at all, in PvE Raptor/Griffin/Roller Beetle all outshine this mount, but its not designed for PvE, but no way Anet could just give WvW players something, as all hell would have broken loose.

Oh come on lolAnet allowed the mount to be used in PvE because they want to sell skins for it.

I see tons of PvE warclaws with their new skins running around and almost none with new skins in WvW.PvEers were obviously going to be the ones mostly investing in these skins.If they had restricted the Warclaw from PvE.. for which they have absolutely no reason to do so btw.. then they would have just been throwing away a lot of money for absolutely no reason.

@Ok I Did It.2854 said:

I don't know about roller beetle but it is objectively worse than the griffon, raptor, and jackal in that order.

It's essentially a flat worse raptor.

It's movement skill works the same but at a dramatically reduced movement distance and it's engage skill just does some piddly bleeding on top of the basic damage instead of pulling in and balling up enemies.

Get it if you want the appearance or are compelled to collect digital data. Spend your time elsewhere if you don't like the look.

@Game of Bones.8975 said:I could use those ~126 points in Gliding, Supply Gathering, Sieges Engines, and Damage/Reduction.

Those WvW ability points have nothing to do with unlocking the mount. You don't have to have it leveled to the maximum in order to unlock the mount (investing 1 point is sufficient). Also, it does not add additional mount skills to PvE.

@"Trise.2865" said:Do you want a Warclaw?Yes: Get it.No: Do something else.

Reevaluate: If the work to get it becomes "too much", then you no longer want a Warclaw.

Exchange "Warclaw" for "whatever I'm thinking about getting" + add "want X enough at the end and this is really the fundamental thing to always keep in mind!

If something is more work than you want to put into it, then skip it - there's no shame in that! Have fun in game - always weigh what you're doing against1) Am I having fun?2) Or will I feel satisfaction enough to warrant having "not fun" for a while?

If all you have to do is unlock the helmet, I'm not sure what grind you are referring to. It's worth getting the basic mount. I'm not going to go after the masteries myself. But you don't need the mount to take part in WvW.Most of all the hullabaloo was over nothing. The warclaw has not ruined roaming, hasn't killed wvw, and isn't the be-all-and-end all. I haven't even seen one person use it to pull down a gate. It's just a nice thing to have in WvW, and easy to get.

The mount costs 8g and some time. How much is 8g worth to you? I also agree with @Illconceived Was Na.9781 , that even if all you want to do is jump into WvW to get some dailies done really quick (which I highly recommend) the Warclaw just makes that activity easier and faster. And who knows, you might find a build/role you really enjoy and start to WvW on a more regular basis. It happens :)

Archived